"Karamja" reflections

GregEchidna

Howdy. :D

I've been playing RuneScape since February '01, since before 'Karamja' was introduced. Playing the game from the opening of Karamja to quitting in August '02, I've always read Karamja as "Karajma."

Pronounced as Kur-ahj-muh. And that was that. :) (The 'ahj' pronounced as the 'taj' in 'Taj Mahal.')

So, upon returning a month or so ago, I was using a teleport to Karamja, when I laughed to myself seeing it spelled like that, thinking Andrew/Jagex made a typo on the dragonstone amulet, something used by almost every player! :)

I checked the forums to confirm, and realized that every place had it as Karamja. Alas, now I can only see it as Karamja. Kuh-ram-juh. Sounds rather harsh, Kuh-raj-muh had some mysterious ring to it.

I read that word constantly for a year and a half in 2001-2002 and never once realized it wasn't spelled the way I was pronouncing it, and now randomly I notice and can't stop noticing.

Did something change, or did I just wise up? Anybody else have this quandary? :D Just felt like sharing - I find it rather funny.

-GregEchidna

Third player in RuneScape to 99 attack, strength, defense and hitpoints.

i read guild as glide and lesser demons and leezer lol

485th person to ever play RuneScape

Blue107- perm banned 10/12/2007. $300 USD reward if you can get me in contact with someone who will take 5 seconds to look at evidence and get my original character unbanned. 

Hehe.

I used to spell Catherby 'Cathbury' and pronounce it 'Kath-bur-ie' Lol, then I told my friend to meet me in Cathbury and he PM's me saying 'You mean catherby?' and on the world map, there it is.... 'CATHERBY'. :wall: The same thing happened with Taverly. I said it like Talvery.... -.-

Anyways, great idea for a topic! =D>

mzvest,Shadorik.gif

Shadorik.gif

Tok-itz something?...I always thought it was Kuh-rahm-jah! :ohnoes:

Currently P2P.

I don't want the world to see me, 'cause I don't think that they'd understand.

Formerly known as: Ghstkill8, Serene Ghst, Genius Goats