LimeWire sued by the RIAA

zeekyhbomb

So the RIAA is gonna sue every single person that has ever used limewire or what? :?

Read the topic before replying. I already said that they are neither interested in doing that nor capable of doing it.

Some people are changed by being a moderator. I wouldn't be.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the RIAA is gonna sue every single person that has ever used limewire or what? :?

Read the topic before replying. I already said that they are neither interested in doing that nor capable of doing it.

Sorry dude, I read the first couple but didnt read all seven, but thx for the info

darksteel89.png

Obviously they can't destroy a piece of software that is held on millions of computers worldwide, I'm not sure how their network is maintained but that's what they'll try to shut down - making it so you can't connect to anyone.

man, i'm not happy about this :(

Downloading music is a way for me to discover new musicians and new music styles (like Regina Spektor).

if they succeed that would be a real blow to my music "research" (i'm learning to play as many styles possible - t'is just a small explenation).

o and that's not an excuse because to tell the truth, i don't think downloading music is wrong at all and i'm not exactly open to discuss that either :| , sorry :(

signature_1.gif

The RIAA has a hopless and stupid cause it will never accomplish, so don't worry.

It will never accomplish what? Your sentence doesn't make sense.

If you mean it will never accomplish shutting down a network; it already has.

i reckon that dl music is not wrong, because i do beleive its testing the product. i do admit, more then half of my music is dl. but to tell you the truth, the music that is dl is not worth buying. but if the music is good, i do buy the album but, the reason so much music is being dl is because the artists in question arnt really producing quality material, and i do not want to spend $30 on an album i most likely will not like.. and dont even get me started on spending $6 for one single in music stores.

This is all for the RIAA's benefit, as i do beleive that the majority of cash comes from concerts and not from CD sales.

oh and btw, does anyone else think buying a song from say itunes store is bull?

untitled-1.png

i reckon that dl music is not wrong, because i do beleive its testing the product. i do admit, more then half of my music is dl. but to tell you the truth, the music that is dl is not worth buying. but if the music is good, i do buy the album but, the reason so much music is being dl is because the artists in question arnt really producing quality material, and i do not want to spend $30 on an album i most likely will not like.. and dont even get me started on spending $6 for one single in music stores.

This is all for the RIAA's benefit, as i do beleive that the majority of cash comes from concerts and not from CD sales.

I don't know where you live but a CD over here in the US is $10-$15.

Why do you think buying from Itunes is bull? Because you need to pay for it?

goldenblade995.png

Not if you challenge them tp prove thier accusations. AT which point they will leave you alone and go off and find someone else to bully.

magecape,Mo%20Gui%20Gui.gif

mo%20gui%20gui.gif

Oh crap, did they realease the English ips as well or just the American ips? I know plenty of people who use limewire, including my best friends and my brother....

sig5235ro7.jpg

Oh crap, did they realease the English ips as well or just the American ips? I know plenty of people who use limewire, including my best friends and my brother....

If you read my reply further up this page you'll see that no individual will be getting sued as a result of this. The RIAA has only the IPs, not the logs of what was transferred when. Whats more the RIAA has no power in the UK. Their equivalent here is the BPI.

If you read my reply further up this page you'll see that no individual will be getting sued as a result of this. The RIAA has only the IPs, not the logs of what was transferred when. Whats more the RIAA has no power in the UK. Their equivalent here is the BPI.

Oh sorry, it's just an instinct not to read every post for one small question...
sig5235ro7.jpg

The RIAA has a hopless and stupid cause it will never accomplish, so don't worry.

It will never accomplish what? Your sentence doesn't make sense.

If you mean it will never accomplish shutting down a network; it already has.

no, as you probably know, its cause is to stop people from filesharing, and that it will never accomplish. The internet has grown so big that stoping people from performing something so easy as file sharing is impossible.

In the same way that my cause is to bring about world peace. They are both ideals that the party knows will never be attained and so they adopt more immediate goals - making money in their case, having fun in mine.

I don't know where you live but a CD over here in the US is $10-$15.

Why do you think buying from Itunes is bull? Because you need to pay for it?

I think he might be talking about the DRM? But even that can be circumvented by burning to a CD and ripping back with a little loss in quality.... and trust me here, when you're out jogging or listening to a song in your car do you really need eleventy billion kbps?

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

"The UN is hopeless and stupid because it will never accomplish world peace"

summerpngwy6.jpg

If they IP addresses have been given to them, does that mean they can get fined too?

Jcfc.jpeg

Thanks everybody for the sigs | 3,956 to 99 fishing | King of BsK 18/09/08 - 18/10/08

Chelsea Supporter | CD Supporter | AfterShock Member

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: Cotton Traders

Now what the hell are you waitin' for? After me, there shall be no more, so for one last time, make some noise.

I d/l all my music.. for mainly 2 reasons..

The first being that its so much easier and faster and free to download music with 2 clicks of my mouse than going to the store and buying ONE cd for 10-15$.. thats like 4 McDonalds trips right there, lol.

The second reason is half the time, a band comes out with a CD, and only 1 or 2 songs would be hits or even be remotely appealing to me, the rest being filler tracks that nobody listens to, so it always feels like a waste to me. If there were any good mix cds or like any good Now cds that really had the best songs from each artist, I probably would buy it. Even then there's a good chance ill just borrow it from a friend and rip the songs to my comp

I'm all for supporting the artists, but the only way I can, is not by paying for CDs with money i don't have, but by downloading their music and telling my friends about it. I just love music enough to take that risk.

Horray for torrents and p2p programs :thumbsup: \' :thumbsup: