Nice things you have done?

knives669

Well, today, I had to stay after school to wait for my brother to get out of after school band practice so we could drive home together.

As I was waiting outside, a man approached me with tears streaming down his face. He was absolutely frantic. He told me that he was late picking his 10 year old son up from school because he was having car trouble and that he now could not find his son anywhere. He had searched the gym, the football field, the elementary playground, he'd been all over the school searching for his son. I assured him calmly that the teachers at the elementary are very very careful when it comes to who picks up each child and that they just simply do not leave a child alone if their parents are late picking them up.

I then got on my cell phone and called a friend of mine whose mom works as the secretary in the Elementary school and keeps checks on who picks up the children. She came up to talk to the man and then called a teacher she knows who makes sure all the children get home. It turns out that the teacher had taken the kid home to his mother's house (the kid's mom and dad were divorced). When the man thanked me, I felt so good having helped him out.

So, I want you guys to post the nice things you have done in your life that stick out in your mind. And maybe this thread can convince some people to be a little more nice. ^_^

3898000bYVcx.png

Without doubt, what you did was extremely nice and you handled it superbly, for that I applaud you. But there's something about this thread's concept I don't like...

It's the idea of promoting yourself as this saint, when I know there are people here who are not, myself included. Talking about all the nice things you done, it just sounds like (to me) promoting your philanthropy, which shouldn't be why you do nice things. A nice thing, in my opinion, is something out of the ordinary you wouldn't hesitate to do again, regardless if anyone knows about it.

To end my post on a positive note, that was some fine work you did there, Kayla. I'm glad the father found his boy and regardless whether he would have found him eventually, you definately definately definately helped :)

^^

I actually agree with you on that one.

On the other hand I was thinking that It really wouldent be that bad if people posted just little nice things that they do to maybe give other people ideas for things that most people don't even think of.

^^

I actually agree with you on that one.

On the other hand I was thinking that It really wouldent be that bad if people posted just little nice things that they do to maybe give other people ideas for things that most people don't even think of.

Yeah, I think I'm just being pessimistic. I hope that's the outcome, the one you mentioned.

Ah. I can see why you think that, Bubsa. I didn't even think of that when I started this thread. I'm not trying to promote myself. I figured that if someone put some thought into this thread, it would make them appreciate themselves a little more. I know that people aren't perfect, and I am by no means, a saint. It's just that awesome feeling that I got when the man thanked me, I think it would brighten everyone's day if they could recount that feeling should they've ever felt it. Thank you for your views though. If a mod sees my thread to be the same way, then they can lock it. ^_^ It's no big deal.

My aim was to make everyone think a little more positively, and maybe think a little more positively of the others around here. ^_^

3898000bYVcx.png

Well, I just sent a message to my parents, who are on a holiday, that they're great parents, whatever happens. They've been fantastic, in everything they've done and in everything they do, even though I used to be a pain in the [wagon].

Since my brother died, they feel incredibly insecure about themselves, and me and my sister always try to convince them they're fantastic when they have one of those down periods. I know my father is still very proud of this particular message I sent him a year or so ago. It was a bit of a poem for him, and whenever I happen to be around when he's talking about me with his friends or our family, I hear him reading it :)

It's so easy to please people you like, yet so few people are aware of that or are too lazy to do the little effort it takes.

Bill Hicks[/url]":dhj2kan9]Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

heinzny2.jpg

Our family takes in a foreign hockey player who will play for our local OHL team. He's coming tommorow and he's from Slovenia, around the age of 18, so he's young.

Two years ago we had a guy from the Czech Republic who will hopefully soon be playing for the Tampa Bay Lightning.

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

The other day at a bookstore I sat down in one of the seats and noticed an umbrella on the floor. I took it to the front desk and later in the day (I'm sort of bad about reading large portions of books in bookstores) the old people that left it came back they came over and thanked me. It was sort of just a habit though since I like keeping things neat.

Sometimes If I see books out of place I'll reorganize.

Well, I just sent a message to my parents, who are on a holiday, that they're great parents, whatever happens. They've been fantastic, in everything they've done and in everything they do, even though I used to be a pain in the wagon.

Since my brother died, they feel incredibly insecure about themselves, and me and my sister always try to convince them they're fantastic when they have one of those down periods. I know my father is still very proud of this particular message I sent him a year or so ago. It was a bit of a poem for him, and whenever I happen to be around when he's talking about me with his friends or our family, I hear him reading it :)

It's so easy to please people you like, yet so few people are aware of that or are too lazy to do the little effort it takes.

For some reason I'm really touched by that.

Most people dont go out of their way to tell their parents how great they are and I think thats really cool to do so :thumbsup:

One thing I am usually nice about is money. If anyone wants me to loan them money I usually will if I know that they arnt someone who just begs for all the time. Its really annoying when someone doesnt pay you back when you have been gracious enough to loan them some, so I usually work hard to pay back anybody that has given me a loan.

lope6jw0.jpg

text

Most people dont go out of their way to tell their parents how great they are and I think thats really cool to do so :thumbsup:

Well, I'm 20, I'm proud of my parents and no longer ashamed of them, like every boy in its puberty would be :)

Bill Hicks[/url]":dhj2kan9]Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

heinzny2.jpg

Was coming back from Uni the other and this lady was struggling to get her suitcase up the stairs to get to the other platform, so I gave her a lift with it *shrug*

And last night this chick was totally frantic about missing her train down the coast since she had accidentially hoped on the wrong bus (right route, just wrong direction). I essentially explained the situation (that if she got off at the next stop and walked down the road a bit, she'd be at the station and that the next south-bound train wasn't for another 20 minutes). And I stayed with her on the train just to make sure she didn't hop off at the wrong station.

After 3.5 years of uni, that's the first time I've done anything for anyone else really. Like I see it all the time but generally can't be arsed helping.

Well, I'm 20, I'm proud of my parents and no longer ashamed of them, like every boy in its puberty would be :)
You're a rare breed. Most of my friends do not get along with their parents. At least that well any ways. If anyone I knew did that, their parents would be like "how much money do you want?"

text

I hope that if I decide to someday have children, I hope have children that are you like you. ^_^ That was a really cool thing you did. It makes me realize that maybe my parents feel underappreciated...

3898000bYVcx.png

Mine is sort of a two-in-one, making me exra special :D

It was a dark and stormy mid-morning at the supermarket. I need to answer the calls of nature (a.k.a. go to the bathroom), but, like I said, I was at the supermarket, which meant public bathrooms. After a half-hour of searching for the bathroom, I found it, and there was this old guy inching his way along the wall, using it for balance. So, I did my business, came out, and washed my hands. As I was leaving, the old guy fell over. Instead of being a jerk and walking away (Not that I chose that option oftentimes, though) I helped the guy up. He thanked me, and this fifty fell out of his pocket. I picked it up and gave it back to him.

So there you go. I helped the elderly AND I resisted temptation. That's two spiritual brownie points, woot!

There's no sig here. Move it along...

I hope that if I decide to someday have children, I hope have children that are you like you. ^_^ That was a really cool thing you did. It makes me realize that maybe my parents feel underappreciated...

Well, I just try to do what I like and what I like people doing to me. There's a bunch of people here with 'spread the love!' in their sig or avatar. That's pretty much my live's philosophy.

btw, good topic Kayles :)

heinzny2.jpg

I dont know whats wrong with you Bubsa. He/she (sorry dont know your gender #-o ) shared a nice story, and it brightened me day knowing there are still people who wouldnt say "Sorry mate, cant help you". Seems a bit tough you would rain on the parade like that.

Lvl 80 construction.

Dragon Drops: 11 (4 Chains, 2 Axes, 1 Med, 2 Skirts, 1 Legs, 1 2h)

God Wars Drops: 4 Zamorakian Spears, 1 Godsword Shard 1

I do so much nice things. I'm such a nice guy. But the latest nice thing was yesterday night.

A man came to us, he was slightly handicaped. I know I shouldn't feel sorry for handicaped people, as they are normal people too, but it just happened, as he was really nice. And he ordered a DVD. I ordered it, and later when he was gone I saw that I couldn't order DVD's anymore due to a change of systems. So I couldn't order it anymore, but the man was gone. I called to another shop of ours in town to ask if they still had, so that they could help the man if he came to the store (because he visits quite regularly). And they had it. But I wasn't sure weither he would vissit them because he was going on vacation in two days. So I closed the shop at 9. Biked home, and suddendly I saw the man at the bus stop. So I rode to the bus stop and told the man that I couldn't order it anymore, but that they had it in the other shop and that I asked if they could hold it back for him. And he was very happy, because he wanted the DVD so bad and it was pretty hard to get. ^.^

And I made coffee for my mum this morning. :P

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

I most recently helped a girl out who was lost on her own at night in a dodgy area of town... some of you know what happened next :(

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I most recently helped a girl out who was lost on her own at night in a dodgy area of town... some of you know what happened next :(

BrowCut3_small.JPG

har-har :mrgreen:

heinzny2.jpg