The Museum of Runescape, a possibility?

Buckeyemange

Hello all of you tip.it'ers! This thread is also in the future updates of the runescape fourms. Under the title of "Museum of Runescape?"...

This is half future update, and a suggestion for the future update. If this would be better in suggestions, please put it there.

Hello, I'm Buckeyemange. As I tried to sleep in bed one night, a thought from runescape came into my head. A lone woman in Draynor, who's dream was to change the draynor manner into some kind of museum...

Now I thought about this. What purpose could this museum have? Sure, it could have the usual things, Statues of great heros, weapons like Silverlight and excalibur, and other things. But then I thought, "What about the new graphical updates?"

Yes, the dragons, demons, and giants have been upgraded. They now are fearce, strong, and have oddly long tongues. But what of those who are new, and have no memories of the dragons we used to, well, PWN, back in the day.

This museum could have a special section, known as the "Before and after" section. It would have magic portrits of monsters, citys, areas, and such that have been updated. Using the magic pictures, you could teleport to a special area, that is blocked with magic walls, to prevent wandering. You could then walk around the city before it was updated, but you lose the ability to acess your items. That includes money, no buying things in old falador! You could also see old monsters in their old habitat, such as the green dragons, before they were pretty, in there level 35 wilderness home. While seeing monsters, you become, well, a ghost, if you will. You cannot attack them, They cannot attack them. It is just a way to see what the old school looked like.

That is one way. The other is some kind of zoo. In this zoo, you could see old style dragons, or other monsters.

Thoughts? Also, post ideas for the museum, like what it would have in in the museum.

We want pictures!!!

Things there should be pictures of. Please give me more ideas!

Monsters (old)

Dragons

Giants

Demons

Places (old)

I think you should go to places, not just see them. My opinion.

Old falador

Old draynor Mannor

Runescape classic pictures...

Players in full armor, bronze through rune.

Old Barrows.

A hand full of weapons

And a random assortment of old items, like fish, wood, that kind of stuff.

Runes, Including the "life" rune.

How do I make a link to a thread in my sig? :-k

OhioState.jpg

The GES, the only clan ruled by a Goat.

"How did it start? I mean, did one kid just yell out lets have sex!""

firegiant2is6.png

Thats the worst thing jagex did since pure ess. :cry:

and yes....i agree on your museum idea...sounds cool but they wont do it...because they would have to work too much.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

Maybe small statues of how they used to look as tribute, but not a 'before and after' - that takes away realism from the game if jagex knowingly aknowledges inside the game that there was a graphical update. You just don't do that. Outside of the game is fine, but inside the game it should be like they have always been that way.

Maybe small statues of how they used to look as tribute, but not a 'before and after' - that takes away realism from the game if jagex knowingly aknowledges inside the game that there was a graphical update. You just don't do that. Outside of the game is fine, but inside the game it should be like they have always been that way.

Fine, I'll even with you.

On the sign before the entrance of this area...

"As time in runescape moves on, Monsters evolved into the creatures you see today."

OhioState.jpg

This isn't a "Post al ur old screenys her plz!1111" thread, people. Anyways, nice idea. Doubt it would happen though. Jagex likes to pamper lower levels with a lumbridge teleport if they get "losted-ed". :roll:

mzvest,Shadorik.gif

Shadorik.gif

This isn't a "Post al ur old screenys her plz!1111" thread, people. Anyways, nice idea. Doubt it would happen though. Jagex likes to pamper lower levels with a lumbridge teleport if they get "losted-ed". :roll:

:thumbsup:

Indeed, and the lumbridge thing is great!

OhioState.jpg

Woah best idea that I ever saw =D> Sence all the graphical up-dates this would be sweet just to look back to what was runescape. And how only the people that have logged into rsc can only see what it looks like now. All the noobies can't even see what it was like (the main reason why the left rsc open, besides the loyal players).

Runescape Classic - Mid Runescape 2 - Present

[Monsters\Items\Cities]

Would be very impressive to see :3> . Maybe take a month to make it

Quit RuneScape :)

Agreed, I thought that was a worthless update, fend for yourself or [bleep] off, is what I always say, lmao. \' But let's not get into that subject.

Sounds like a good idea, but it just isn't feasable. (sp). In my opinion, i'd rather have a better update ( a GOOD mini game, more higher level requirments for ranged and melee, ect.) then a museum, but that's just me.

IrreIephant.png

|Msg me me in-game | IrreIephant|

^ capital i

Nice idea, sadly, JAGeX can't afford to add nearly an entire other plane of Runescape, it would cause too much lag, and im not sure if they buy bandwith or not, I doubt that. But there's lag from graphic update so a whole extra Runescape wouldn't help.

I would love it if it could be managed though.

Banned from Runescape on a day I didn't play, for a real world trade I never did. Combat 113 - Total 1796 - Top 500 Cooking

If we need Space on the bandwith, There are a few things we could get rid of. Honestly, The games room should be moved, then shrunk, as it doesent need two floors, it probly only needs a quarter of the space it has now.

I like the games room, but be honest!

Wait, didn't they update the game with some kind of engine thing so it is now considered Runescape 2.0? :-k

I don't know the real word for the update, but it would help :)

OhioState.jpg

That would be a great idea, so people who joined when RSC wasn't the main game can see what it was like then, and how much harder it was to raise the skills that are usually the first 99's today, and how far JAGeX has come along in their improvements :-k

Not to be mean, but do you allways make your posts bold?

Merry Crimbo!

signatureof0.gif

Click on my signature to see my NEW blog!

Clicky here to see my YouTube videos! http://www.youtube.com/volkswagen99videos

I like it. Maybe they could have guys at the door that hold all your stuff during your visit, (for realism purposes, to make it so you can't sneak anything out), and then you can have a full inventoryto pick up some of the "hands on" exhibits to see what the items looked like in your inventory, and be able to equip them and stuff like that. Maybe even little dummies you could swing at. Then when you leave, the guys at the door make sure you aren't sneaking anything out, andgive you your stuff back.

Look, if your mom still drops you off at school, you ain't gangsta, pull up your damn pants!

142qvyv.jpg

3 down, 7 to go