Make Fletching F2P

aljabirha2

I think that some areas of fletching should be f2p

if jagex made runecrafting for mages and smithing for melee why should they not make fletching for archers.

They should only make making arrows f2p and nothing else.

That way it won't make members less popular but will be enough for F2P archers to benfit

Shmuxel - The Best Word Ever!

------------------------------------

Jajajheem - Worst Word Ever (:-O)

Jagex aren't likely to do this, one of the points of getting members is to unlock new skills, they dont want people to be able to spend their whole runescape time in f2p so logic tells us that fletching should remain p2p.

It would probably affect the market in yews and as im an avid fletcher i dont want the fletching market to get ruined further.

i disagree that jagex doesn't care aobut f2p, they do care. They've done updates and such more recently for them. Now you got all these, so stop whining for more. U got stronghold of security which was huge and much more things to come and that have happened. Anyway, jagex wants you to pay to get these new things...k?

Never gonna happen Jagex doesn't care about F2P

They do care. Just not as much as members. :wall:

Also. Sorry to crush your thread but this WILL NEVER HAPPEN. If they are refusing to give F2P more bank space I doubt they will transfer a WHOLE members skill over to F2P.

Part of the skill? Maybe?

Training my pure!

dddog6.png

Yeah, they want you to think/know that when/if you become a member, you can make your own arrows. Thats part of the benifit of becoming a member.

Though I do think that would be nice idea to players, I don't really think Jagex would be too fond of the idea. On the other hand, if they did ever decide to do that, they would only let non-members have bronze and maybe iron if we're really lucky :?

sigcompborderredpfm2.png

[101 Combat][1450+ Total]

[89 Strength][84 HP][80 Mage]

[Currently]

Your mother would be proud.

Boy, that sure would be nice. I can only imagine having something besides steel plate to alch. And maybe being able to make my own arrows instead of always relying on others.

At any rate, like others have said i'm sure this would never happen but hey, thers no denying that it would be greatly appreciated by all non members if implemented. :D

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

the problem is that jagex really couldnt care less if free users appreciate being given a new skill, Its the members they care about keeping happy, because we support the game by paying, if we arent pleased or think its not worh it, we stop paying.

Anyway, even part of fletching becoming f2p would cause an imbalance, at the moment, most of the arrows aremade in members by fletchers, sold bulk and then sold in free world for a profit, if it becoms free, prices of Bronze arrows and iorn arrows will plummet.

And think of the arrowshaft trade! it would vanish entirely!

chs+metzeten.png

TAXES ON MMORPGS

The IRS trying to tax MMO's for online transactions would be like charging monopoly players for property transations.

I think it has been made clear that Jagex would not do this. You do not have to keep posting, saying the same thing other people said before. That is spam, and it is likely you just posted here to raise your post count. Please only post here if you have something reasonable to say.

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

userbarunorbv1.png

[bleep], my parrot has better grammar than you.

{Author of Tip.It Times article}{Founder of the F2P Bankspace Campaign}{Interviewed for the Gielinor Tribune}{F2P Bankspace was ACHIEVED!}

in runecrafting, nonmembers can only craft rune up to bodies, which means they can get " free spells" in a sence up to....curse i think? which is level 20, 21, somewhere like that.

Should fleching be nonmembers, you should only be able to make up to what you can use at the level 20ish area.

Dont ask me why this doesnt work for armor and melee. I dont know, however, my guess is that since melee is cheapest to train, f2pers can smith up to rune plate. Note how in smithing you can smith everything besides the non melee related.

thats my point of view.

probably unlikely due the larger availability of arrows compared to runes. back from my f2p days i can remember the rune shop often being empty of runes and drops less often/ less in number meaning runecrafting was a necessity for a serious mage

Whereas the the arrow shops were always full to bursting and its a lot easier to buy (and indeed make) 10k arrows compared to say 10k chaos or death

therefore i dont believe fletching will make the leap soon

• 3 weeks later...
most of the arrows aremade in members by fletchers, sold bulk and then sold in free world for a profit

so ure pretty much admitting ure taking advantage of our disability?

No different than crippling someone and selling them a wheelchair.

logic tells us that fletching should remain p2p.

Ok, by that "logic", Smithing and Runecrafting should be P2P also.

Gonna argue? You really have no argument. What logic? I see none, as my "Table of F2P Crap" will attempt to show (and pierce your highly adamant brain).

Here's some F2P crap:

Smithing = Warrior Equip (both weapons and armor) up to RUNE (None of the P2P ladder is broken)

Runecrafting = Mage Equip (only runes no armor or staves) up to fire & mind for attacking (2/3 of the P2P ladder is broken)

Fletching = It doesnt exist. You have to buy everything yourself. (The P2P ladder is completely broken)

Why on earth would anyone not choose to be a warrior? You can get everything free! Sure it'll take you some time, but you truly don't have to spend ONE GP if u dont want to (just A LOT of time).

I think that some areas of fletching should be f2p

if jagex made runecrafting for mages and smithing for melee why should they not make fletching for archers.

They should only make making arrows f2p and nothing else.

That way it won't make members less popular but will be enough for F2P archers to benfit

EXACTLY. I've been thinking the exact same thing for ages.

It's a shame that warriors can use rune & smith it, but mages can use deaths, laws, and nats, but can't even make their own chaos let alone anything higher. Same w/ rangers, they can't make ANYTHING, but they can use Maple w/ Addy arrows in F2P. Mages and Rangers can go up to about as high as a warrior equipment wise, but warriors can make their own stuff and mages/rangers can't. It's ridiculous.

What on earth was Jagex thinking when they split up the "supply/ammo" skills so much in terms of what it yielded?

Votes YES, AND A LOT OF THUMBS UP!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Constructive criticism (AKA Constructive Flames) would be nice.

Unconstrucive Flames will be thrown to the SIG OF DEATH! :-w VVVVV

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and yours is WRONG!

There would be not hurt in giving f2pers the ability to fletch brone-steel arrows and regualr-oak bows AS LONG AS ALL OTHER PARTS OF FLETCHING REMAIN P2P.

This wouldent hurt p2p at all because most of these items are bearly profitable in the first place and it wouldent upset the yew market either.

Oh and a point u all forget Jagex would fade away very soon without f2p so its not particularly in there intrest to ignore hte little f2pers.

phily.png

thxs vibro for the sig ^_^.

Everyone is forgetting one thing...Range armor. F2P rangers can make their armor, F2P mages can make their weapons. Warriors can do both. So if Jagex makes fletching, or even part of it F2P, they'll have to introduce a way tp make mage armor, as some will complain.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

Everyone is forgetting one thing...Range armor. F2P rangers can make their armor, F2P mages can make their weapons. Warriors can do both. So if Jagex makes fletching, or even part of it F2P, they'll have to introduce a way tp make mage armor, as some will complain.

Even so, ranger armor is a one shot deal. You make it, it never runs out unless u die. Pretty cheap just to buy too. Ammo is very limited, you must constantly buy more to keep up ure supply, and with a max hit for bronze arrows being 11(?) at 6 gp each, I'm definately gonna want more damage, and Iron or above adds up expenses FAST, often requiring breaks between rounds of ranging if u don't have a lot of $$$. Mages can get around this to a point (anything chaos and above is a no-go). Rangers can't.

UNFAIR BY DEFINITION.

Oh, and "warriors can do both"? Not only can they do both, they can reach the TOP of their charts (Rune Weaps and Armor) Mages and Rangers don't come close in F2P.

ALSO UNFAIR BY DEFINITION.

Even so, ranger armor is a one shot deal. You make it, it never runs out unless u die. Pretty cheap just to buy too. Ammo is very limited, you must constantly buy more to keep up ure supply, and with a max hit for bronze arrows being 11(?) at 6 gp each, I'm definately gonna want more damage, and Iron or above adds up expenses FAST, often requiring breaks between rounds of ranging if u don't have a lot of $$$. Mages can get around this to a point (anything chaos and above is a no-go). Rangers can't.

UNFAIR BY DEFINITION.

Oh, and "warriors can do both"? Not only can they do both, they can reach the TOP of their charts (Rune Weaps and Armor) Mages and Rangers don't come close in F2P.

ALSO UNFAIR BY DEFINITION.

Yes, warriors can reach rune armor. But not that many people can. And ranger armor doesn't cost that much...And the F2P craftable runes cost very little...So

A. Elemental runes vs. Plain leather armor. The cost? Probably about the same. Yes, the runes disappear after a while. So should the mages be the ones complaining?

B. Once again, the elemental runes don't cost that much. They cost a max of 20 each. You can probably find a desperate seller, maybe on world 1 seller that'll sell for 10 or less each. NOT EXPENSIVE!

C. Will you just understand that this is F2P we're talking about? People tell you to look at the big picture. Well, the big picture here is what happens in members. The making of weapons/armors for all 3 combat styles are equal, except for mage, which you still can't make armor for. So once again, should the mages be complaining?

Give me one good reason that fletching should be F2P, other than the one I've already squashed. And why'd you bump this up?

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

A. Elemental runes vs. Plain leather armor. The cost? Probably about the same. Yes, the runes disappear after a while. So should the mages be the ones complaining?

C. Will you just understand that this is F2P we're talking about? People tell you to look at the big picture. Well, the big picture here is what happens in members. The making of weapons/armors for all 3 combat styles are equal, except for mage, which you still can't make armor for. So once again, should the mages be complaining?

A. No, they shouldn't. They can make more runes for free. Rangers can't. The armor has very little to do with it. I'm talking about the WEAPONS. Mages can recharge "ammo" (to a point). Rangers CAN'T.

IT'S UNFAIR.

C. Yes, it's F2P we're talking about, cause I will NEVER go to P2P, so the big picture? For me it's F2P. Shut up and stop dragging me into P2P, cause I want NOTHING to do w/ P2P. So in my case, no they shouldn't be crying, mage armor is very shabby. They can make "ammo" though, and rangers can't. Look at it from an F2Per's point of view:

Mage: Can't make own armor (very shabby though) Can make Weapons

Ranger: Can make armor (which matters for a ranger) CAN'T make weapons (which also matters for a ranger).

P.S. Why did I bump this up? Cause it's an issue to one of my accounts. Why should I have to dish out GP for ranger ammo when I can get mage ammo FREE? It doesnt make sense. It's like Jagex is encouraging me to play mage or ESPECIALLY WARRIOR (no ammo at all) instead of ranger. It's exactly what they're doing.

It's harder to be a ranger in F2P than to be a warrior or a mage. Ranger armor doesnt matter, once you get it, its there, same with mage armor, if u care enough, but ammo constantly costs u money, where mage ammo doesnt.

One Good Reason: The armor doesn't matter (it's a one shot deal either way), the weapons do (you must constantly restock ammo), and it costs money for a ranger to get ammo, but no money for a mage to get some.

HAVE I STRESSED THE "MAGE DOESNT PAY $$$ AND RANGER DOES" THING ENOUGH??? I DON'T THINK SO!!!

Still don't believe me? You will be thrown to the sig that in this case is all too true.