Is this against the rules of rs?

sprocketme2

I am a webmaster and have me own runescape fan site. I have the ability to play runescape on a page on my site, but is that allowed by jagex? The only reson for doing this is for easy access to world 60 and so i can have links and pics right there as i play.

Oh and this does not change the game itself at all. Just the area around the playing area.

I Think its perfectly legal because ive seen others with this sort of thing but i just want to make sure.

sigig0.png

newscapere4.gif

It's very illegal, and you will get banned for it.

As i've heard.

how so? i don't think it is. But if you're really uncertain, send a query to jagex.

As far as I know, iframes (which I presume you are using) are legal for personal use only, but if you're hosting the game for others to use, then it is highly illegal and you could end up getting banned, along with everyone else who uses it. Don't quote me on this, but I presume this is how it would work.

bflinty1.png

Drops: Barrows: 60+ DK: 4... Dragon: 60+ Whips: 2... GWD: 0...ouch!

Main Goal: 2000 total with no 99's

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

So basically you run the client from a different webpage? I do think they object to that very much. The only places the client can be accessed are the official website and Miniclip. I think that the ability to host the client is something of a right that JaGEx sells (I believe Miniclip Pays Jagex for the client, but I'm not positive), and in essence you might be stealing that right. Truth be told, just doing that is kinda pointless...just switch between windows if you must be on a website and the game at the same time.

So basically you run the client from a different webpage? I do think they object to that very much. The only places the client can be accessed are the official website and Miniclip. I think that the ability to host the client is something of a right that JaGEx sells (I believe Miniclip Pays Jagex for the client, but I'm not positive), and in essence you might be stealing that right. Truth be told, just doing that is kinda pointless...just switch between windows if you must be on a website and the game at the same time.
I think it's the other way round. Runescape amke millions extra because of miniclip, it makes more sense for them to pay miniclip to host it.
sig5235ro7.jpg

Exactly. But due to the mods having mixed opinions on the matter, Jagex allows SS (Not naming program.), but I'm not sure about this. SS Doesn't black advertisements, does this? It's against the rules to block adverts... :uhh:

mzvest,Shadorik.gif

Shadorik.gif

I think it's the other way round. Runescape amke millions extra because of miniclip, it makes more sense for them to pay miniclip to host it.

Very true, that does make more sense. I was thinking that Miniclip paid to add the client to get more hits, which would then get more advertising revenue. But that makes no sense the more I think about it.

Either way, I'm sure Jagex doesn't want you hosting a client on your own webpage. When you pay for members, you pay for extra content, not the right to add the client to personal webpages, so I still think its illegal. The safe thing to do would to not even bother with the issue and play it on a separate browser or the Official Client like most other people. But, whatever, message Jagex to find out for sure.

EDIT: I found this on JaGEx's official website:

Commercial Alliances

Partnerships - RuneScape

Jagex partners with leading companies to bring the playing experience of RuneScape to as wide an audience as possible.

Broadly, any significant online business who currently has a large and suitable audience could be a potential Jagex partner.

Most Partnerships are done on a revenue sharing basis: earning significant additional revenues for the partner with no additional investment. Jagex can help monetize your audience.

So I guess Miniclip and Jagex simply split profits for Miniclip users, which explains why their Main page for Runescape is different from the official one.

Btw, as an interesting note, apparantly a third website hosts Runescape: http://www.mofunzone.com/

If you don't host a page and say "Play RS here instead of at Runescape.com!" I'd think you'd be good. If you just keep it as an .html file on your desktop, that'd be even better.

It's techenically not using a third party software since it's still in the browser. You're good but still send in a query if you're not sure about it.

I agree. After all miniclip is how I found out about runescape. Its where my name comes from too. mini=miniclip. lol that does make sense though because thousands of people play on miniclip and I think being their number 2(used to be number 1) game gets a lot of publicity

mini193.png

Doing a little bit of everything

Exactly. But due to the mods having mixed opinions on the matter, Jagex allows SS (Not naming program.), but I'm not sure about this. SS Doesn't black advertisements, does this? It's against the rules to block adverts... :uhh:

Good call on not naming my beloved SS. And no it doesn't block adverts.

Iframe should be fine, I don't see why not. But as others have said, ask Jagex.

onlyrs4vj8.gif

Pwned.

he said it's for his own personal use, so, in a matter of speaking, that post doesn't even exist, mwahahaha :twisted:

and i think it's perfectly legal, it's not like others are using it, just you

onlyrs4vj8.gif

Pwned.

I have the rs client downloaded to my comp so i just simply click the rs icon on the desktop and play i don't use IE firefox aol or anything like that to play rs

RSN: drgnslyer15

Drgnslyer15.png

15 skills 90+ - 10 skills 99 - 200m+ total exp

It sounds like you just have a link to a world, and surrounding this frame where the RuneScape game plays, you have a series of links and images.

Effectively little more then having your Bookmark window/toolbar open. Something everyone can do. You are not doing anything illegal. You just have links around your RuneScape game for convience sake, links to information, maps and forums. Even, World switchers have been obsolete with JaGeX's own world system (which can be even easier to use via bookmarks and disabling javascript, but you already know that :lol: ). Any advantages you could gain from a set up like this is already available via bookmark toolbar, something available on any kind of internet browser.

98% of teenagers have been drunk or around alcohol. Put this in your signature if you like bagels

hmguy2td.png