Stats Menu too small to create new skills?(Solution image!)

BlackKingX

Jagex has it under control. They are people who's job is to improve the game and get ideas. The will never use this idea, seeing as they aren't members of Tip.It.

They know what they are doing and what they want to do, and how they want to do it.

-In Liner93

Jagex does indeed look at RuneScape fansites. You could just as easily make this freaking comment to everyones suggestion. Your post was completly pointless and made you look like an idiot.

techÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâçnolÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâçoÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâçgyÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ã¡Pronunciation[tek-nol-uh-jee]

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãânoun

1. the branch of knowledge that deals with the creation and use of technical means and their interrelation with life, society, and the environment, drawing upon such subjects as industrial arts, engineering, applied science, and pure science.

2. the terminology of an art, science, etc.; technical nomenclature.

3. a technological process, invention, method, or the like.

4. the sum of the ways in which social groups provide themselves with the material objects of their civilization.

Technology, as defined above, can be anything more advanced than using your own two hands. Using a sword is "technology". Making a fire is "technology". Just because it's not silicon chips and fiber optics doesn't mean it's not technological; it's just lower tech than the "modern age".

In other words, a tech skill would be totally feasible in RS. There are already plenty of examples of low-end technology (and possibly some examples of mid- to high-technology, too) all over RuneScape. What do you think Smithing is? Or Fletching? Or even Cooking or Crafting? Let's not even get into Construction. I don't know how useful a Tech skill would be, or even what you could use it for that isn't already covered by other skills, but it's not impossible.

Getting back on topic, that new arrangement looks pretty nice; it's neat and organized, though I can hear the noob idiots complaining about the reordering now. Ignoring them, though (who doesn't?), the new order of the list would make using Tip.It's combat calculator much faster to use manually.

cube347.jpg

Part of the Star Traks network. (^^Clicky!)

Irony: An amnesiac rediscovering they have an eidetic memory.

• 3 weeks later...

good idea, and if any more stats were added after that (although i doubt it)

you could resize the total lvl bar to its old 1 and fit in another row i think :-s

Also i've never heard/thought of a tech skill, good idea =D>

My Blog

2 Visage Drops.

Over 1800 Castle Wars Tickets..

110715145129.png

Errr.png

good idea, and if any more stats were added after that (although i doubt it)

you could resize the total lvl bar to its old 1 and fit in another row i think :-s

Also i've never heard/thought of a tech skill, good idea =D>

Yup. That was my thinking too. There is enough room for it as well!

The skill you made up, tech, will NEVER be made. Runescape is a medival game (with a few pushing of medival limits) but there will never be handguns/whatever it is that you are suggesting.

So we can have heat-seeking auto-cannons but we can't have a primitive 15th century arquebus?

I am personally expecting firearms from the Eastern update. The Japanese were the first to perfect the matchlock as a weapon of honour, instead of the peasant's tool.

hehe, Barihawk, so defenisve of your idea (which I thought was very nice).

On-Topic: GREAT JOB! Look fantastic! Those new skill icons look absolutely perfect. The text box size probably wouldn't be THAT big but nonetheless, looks great and I think you've probably got it down. They'll probably never put in a scroll bar (except in 2010 when there are another four skills released).

• 4 weeks later...

im lovin' it!

Quit runescape on Jan 6th of 2008, at level of 115 with around 150M worth of item in bank...however stats still remains

Baoding.png

World 59, the world i loved~

59.png

Now 95% dedicated to playing Microsoft flight simulator

image_mini

http://www.youtube.com/user/im1knight

my youtube channel with many FSX videos i made. please leave a comment if you will

it looks fairly nice... i don't exactly like the bars... the black ones and yellow ones look weird... maybe a dark grey/brown...

the technology skill seems very... fun... i shall try to make a fake guide to it for no reason... oh... and very nice job on the skill icons...

dsigxj4.png

• 2 weeks later...

Nice image, the stat bar will probably be something like that. But i don't see them creating a Technology/Engineering skill, just don't see it happening. But nice point about people saying about it being Medieval. Yes guys, it is a Medieval game, but it's also a Fantasy game. Anything can happen! ::'

Currently not active on RuneScape.

dazzuhsiggyfinal.png

The skill you made up, tech, will NEVER be made. Runescape is a medival game (with a few pushing of medival limits) but there will never be handguns/whatever it is that you are suggesting.

You are right about this. I don't see "hunting" as a viable skill, either. Too much like slayer. However, his idea for re-arranging the view without using scrollbars is good, which is the primary gist of this suggestion.

- Sligo

Lol! Reading this after hunting came out made my day! (I had an incredibly bad one...)

Lesson: Never make assumptions. I'm assuming that you haven't heard that before. *hits head against desk* Umm...I din't say that last sentence... :-$

I think this is a good idea. Try sending it off to Jagex. If they say they will probably change it, then good. If they say that they do not want to change it yet, *leaked rs3?*

Moving to new account, subtle_rune. Please PM me there. Now you know that you can trust him!

bannernoobverdeye1.jpg

• 1 month later...

lol ok im just reading this thing for the first time and that person that said "hunting is not a viable skill either" , well hahahaha

and as for technology I think they could come out with it but I mean guns in runescape? Its lik bang your dead, but then again it is a fantasy game if they had guns it probly wouldnt be a 1hit kill like that, cuz i mean you get an arrow pierced through your heart and it hurts 1/8 of your health and you can just eat some food to make it stop hurting so ya lol its fantasy and jagex can do what they want.

Brainymidget.png

multimultiza9.gif