Holiday drops* [heavily modified]

poopsydoopsy

Didn't want to make a new post

I SHOULD NOT GET AN EASTER RING JUST BECAUSE I MISSED IT

I DO sudgest something that shows account age but not something that already egists. No scythes even for people who joined when they weren't in existance yet.

I propose something new now...

Costumes on haloween!!

On October 31, 2006, you can go to clothe shop and ask for costumes. Works like scarves did but instead of number of funny bobbley things you paint, age of account.

These costumes would look lame (ghost = bedsheet)

Under 1 month = imp costume

1 months = goblin AND imp costume

6 months = ghost AND goblin AND imp costume

1 year = bear AND ghost AND goblin AND imp

1.5 years = wearwolf and the others

2 years = spider (with limp arms hanging down) and the others

3 years = giant pumpkin and the others

4 years = grim reaper (no scythe) and others

5 years = (if this takes that long =/) an entire set of giant costumes (hill, moss, ice, fire) mabe strap-on beards and clubs.

Other sudgestions accepted.

archives :P

Yea another [holiday drops] topic :(

I know I know, 'rares show when you joined'

'Your fault for not being on'

'etc.'

There are a lot of people who just COULDN'T play on the days [holiday items] were dropped, why shouldn't they be recognised in some way or other

Jagex should make the next easter item like a hat that was colored differently based on the age of your account on that day. This would make it fairer for the people who had comp probs on drop days.

Flame all you want I dont give a damn.

End Archives

26,974th person to get 85 mining on September 20th, 2008

Try Ferion, it only takes a few minutes per day; you can play it while mining.

Hmm yes, by the date you made that acc you can still get it, since you played since then. Better than a lvl 3 new player to get yo-yo and stuff. :)

(of course, you cant get tradable holiday items)

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I took one look at your title, prepared myself to start one of my 2-page rant-inside-a-rants and found...this...

Please don't confuse rares and holiday items. Though it is true that rares are holiday drops, not all holiday drops are rares. The term rare in rs refers to the tradeable holiday drops only.

Let me put it this way:

If jagex made it so that you didn't have to be on for a certain day (though it is now a WEEK, more then enough time to get on rs if you really wanted to) in order to get the item, the people who actually come at that time to get it would be annoyed, just as you are now.

This is almost exactly like p2p vs f2p.

The f2pers want more stuff. The p2pers don't think that it would be fair to give it to them.

People who miss holiday drops want them.The people who didn't think that this woudn't be fair.

In both cases, it wouldn't actually hurt the more privileged side to let the less-privileged have what they want. However, they're not wrong for thinking that they shouldn't get it. As it stands holiday drops are there for the people who are in to rs enough to showup to collect them. Were my comp not working, I'd use a friend's to get to rs for the drop. Failing that, I'd head over to the public library (as I know people who use it to play). Then again, that's just me. If you can't be bothered to get on to rs for a whole whopping week, then you shouldn't blame jagex for not giving you the holiday drops. They did give it to you, you just weren't there to take it. Your fault, not theirs.

Quit runescape, now playing EVE-Online(Mail Cambarus and say hi :mrgreen: )

yes, i agree with you. alot of people have holiday places to go etc.

but alot of them are on multiple days, giving u more time to get them. i know its hard, but its just how it is. some of them are really cool, so make sure u know the times ahead of schedule so u can set some time up to get to them.

*\~/* THOSE EASTER RINGS ROK!!!! :thumbsup: *\~/*

The new Holiday Events go on for a rather long time, usually like 2 weeks. If you really want the new Holiday Item, then you will almost always be able to find a way to access the internet to get onto runescape.

icecube7.jpeg

Okay, seams that only like one person actualy read this. In several places of my post I say that I SHOULDNT get those items...

I did say however that we ned a hat or cape that whowes our account age, in ADITION to holoday drops, (or mabe a holiday drop in itself) so next easter there would be like six diferent items handed out depending on your account age, and people with brand new account get one, people who joined when rs opened get all six.

Eeep Zubee.

I could NOT get on that whole week of easter. I dont see how it's my fault that I'm now short a pathetic ring and an emote that leaves an emptiness each time I dance.

Truly pathetic. I could not get access to a computer since mine literally blew up (was in for repairs, I swear it happened right before easter, and it took a bloody month to be repaired since the darned company thought my comp was a laptop and lost it -_-....)

Like rawr, non tradable holiday items SHOULD be re-released. Shuttup if you hate the idea. It would solve probably an average of 5 rants a day for a small price.

I'm not uncool enough to have a stat sig.

dan_i_can.png

I lied :-p

Eeep Zubee.

I could NOT get on that whole week of easter. I dont see how it's my fault that I'm now short a pathetic ring and an emote that leaves an emptiness each time I dance.

Truly pathetic. I could not get access to a computer since mine literally blew up (was in for repairs, I swear it happened right before easter, and it took a bloody month to be repaired since the darned company thought my comp was a laptop and lost it -_-....)

Like rawr, non tradable holiday items SHOULD be re-released. Shuttup if you hate the idea. It would solve probably an average of 5 rants a day for a small price.

Couldn't you go to an Internet Cafe? Or maybe a library if yours has public computers and internet access. What about friend's houses?

icecube7.jpeg

Bear with me I be Russian

Sorry did I mention rares? Like noob and newb, holiday drops and rares... Aways get cornfused. Anyway... I missed easter ring as I was on vacation and had no acess to comp...

I SHOULD NOT GET AN EASTER RING AS I MISSED IT

I DO sudgest something that shows account age but not something that already egists. No scythes even or people who joined when they weren't in existance yet. I propose something new now...

Costumes on haloween!!

On October 31, 2006, you can go to clothe shop and ask for costumes. Works like scarves did but instead of number of funny bobbley things you paint, age of acc.

These costumes would look lame (ghost = bedsheet)

Under 1 month = imp costume

1 months = goblin AND imp costume

6 months = ghost AND goblin AND imp costume

1 year = bear AND ghost AND goblin AND imp

1.5 years = wearwolf and the others

2 years = giant pumpkin and the others

3 years = grim reaper (no scythe)

4 years(has it been 4 years yet?) = spider (with limp arms hanging down)

Other sudgestions accepted. This is being coppied into first post.

If you played for 1 year, and you get that costume what would happen on the second year? would you get the next one?

Also.. what about if you played for 4 years but you wanted to get the imp one? :P

i would really like if jagex done this

JfvHV.png

798M9.png

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

My new site. [bETA]

If you played for 1 year, and you get that costume what would happen on the second year? would you get the next one?

Also.. what about if you played for 4 years but you wanted to get the imp one? :P

i would really like if jagex done this

It says 'and others' next to the 4 year one..

and no,this would be a one-time thing to comemorate oldies.

Oh, and I'de get the 4 year thing too. My networth is 3-5mil. Hehehe... playing longer and yet still poor. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Eeep Zubee.

Yep I totally agree. I missed both bunny ears AND scythe even though I was online both days. Jagex needs to open a little store as an added bonus to a holiday update, and let people buy the items they missed for 99K apiece. And of course the store vanishes after the holiday.