The Upside to the Updates

TimeStopper

Finally a bank in lumby :P now i can bank my hides faster. plus the river sound's pretty cool. also when i was training in the stronghold, i noticed they updated the giant spider sounds, like when u hit it and die it no longer makes the annoying high pitched sound

Eh..... What decent fishing spot is there that's in Lummbridge?

The only one I can think of is the new Net fishing spot next to the Tutor.. :-s

calvinandhobbessigedite.png

^edited, i meant to type c-hides, dunno how the fish got there anyways.. i actually like powerfishing trout/pikes/salmons and the chicken farm is just a few clicks away (feathers).

vv05c.png

[brought to you by the Cult of the Sacred Crate]

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS

I like the new equip thing - don't like that you have to wait til you're out of combat to check your equipped stats though :P

it sucks everything is now images rather than words..its as if they think we can't read or something

Probably done to make things a little easier for those with English as a 2nd language - not meant as patronising.

Pinotl.png

Imo the orange is really lame. It hurts my eyes to look at my stats now.

Maybe the orange text was for Halloween? :)

But seriously, I hope the orange text was a mistake, and it will change back to yellow. I found the yellow easier to read.

I dont know why everyone's overracting...it still is the same thing. (same positions and stuff.... ) :?
Not run page! I always click on damn emotes page when I try to run -.-

omgosh we should all feel horrible bad for you :boohoo:

4455.jpg

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oscar Wilde

Nick_6464 wrote:

I dont know why everyone's overracting...it still is the same thing. (same positions and stuff.... )

Not run page! I always click on damn emotes page when I try to run

same thing happens 2 me all the time.

I love how you can equip different equipment while in your inventory and see how it affects your stats, and the close of up look of your character is pretty cool even if I don't have any eyes :wink:

I wholeheartedly agree. This is the proverbial "silver lining" to the cloud of misery that has shrouded other aspects of the interface.

I shall oft use it, But it has been jaded somewhat by the fact that it's difficult to easily see how much weight you are carrying. This drawback is paltry compared to the awesome equip screen, but the positive effects Balk at the ugly orange font, and low qulaity buttons that come with the package.

tipitlessersigea3.png

I think the buttion animitons are cool. Excpley the ones for the animations. For acutly can see a before you do it.

troope1.gif

I will shoot down any one with my bitting wit, and sarcasm!

What POSSIBLE reason would someone have to make a fake like that?Does he profit from faking a picture like that? Does it help him at all?Jesus Christ, stop being so suspicious. This is Tip.it for God's sake, not RuneHQ. -_-

I know I am like 7 days late to posting on this, so I will be quick and simple about my thoughts on the September 27th, 2006 Update Set:

1.) Lumbridge Teleport -- "A+"

Nothing really to say but that I like it as it can save me some trouble.

2.) Area Effect Sound System -- "B-"

I am running Java 1.4.2 Series because I can't upgrade it yet, and I don't like that I can't hear teleports for rune ess/runecraft spots/swords clashing between other people and NPC's... This definitely needed work done and still does.

3.) New Control Interfaces -- "C"

Did they really have to give a clunky page to emotes? I liked it being out of the way in the player movement options (running guy)... Now the guy is just an emote page. It really stinks.

Worse, they have seperated the run button and weight display. Following others and traveling fast is going to become something from the past. Gonna be trouble keeping anything co-ordinated on RuneScape anymore...

Next off, I liked to be able to see my stat bonuses WHILE IN COMBAT... But I guess that is shot too...

Then finally, and the only reason I am giving a "C" to this, they started off with orange stat displays, but set it back to yellow at the full uproar of RuneScape'ers everywhere.

4.) Skill Tutors And The New Lumbridge Bank -- "A+"

I actually liked this one. Lumbridge will never be a quiet and lame place again. Free Stuff to pick up for those who lose everything their first time out. Also you get a fun joke early on with the 'Ranger/Mage Argument'... Who can't love that?

5.) Postbag From The Hedge -- "Unrated..."

I'm not putting a rating on this since it has been too long since I read it. But if memory serves me right, it was kinda funny. :lol:

For me, this is more than enough said. I wish they would reverse some of the major control interface changes and re-design it to look like a Medieval Interface should be, kinda like what they had before, but re-built for the recent updates... Some will know what I mean, others will not.

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

The home teleport makes skilling in wildy much more convienient :D

It works in wildy?!?!? How deep?!?!? Gee, I may have to change my "A+" to an "A+++"!!!

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)