New capes... Will they really last?

Flame_guy3

In my opinion i dont think the new capes will last at first it will be cool but when say someone that doesnt have one comes along the first reaction will be "omg! How can you spend so long on a game??? n0 l1f3r!" And the classic and over used "Geek", will skill capes really be that popular? Quest capes will be because doing so many quests isnt that time consuming and is looked at by most of the rs community as way more fun than lvling up.

These capes will be a passing thing, giving rubbish bonuses or not much of an incentive to spend so much time on, id prefer to be doing barrows (its more challenging at my lvl) i feel somethings fun when something can go wrong, people will be called no lifer and geek because of the herblore cape they wear or the fletching cape they wear.

Discuss.

world2isntthathardby4.pngI think merchanting is extinct....

lordofthehauntedminestextcb6.png Completed haunted mine at level 75.

Barrows Drops: Dh platelegs, Guth helm, Karils cb, Torags legs

-------------RETIRED------------------

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they will last, high levels dont really care what low levels think. At least i don't.

And anyone who says "no lifer" in leet, thats kind of ironic..

Quit - October 7th, 2007.

1700 Total, 4 years of RS.

signatureqb0.jpg

^Click for Blog^

i kinda agree wiv you there, i do think eventually, they'll lose appeal. personally i dont have any 99 stats, and thers not many stats im interested in gettin to 99. The quest cape actually sounds like one of the best out of all the new capes, and i wouldn't mind trying for that one.

The bonuses will definalty be worth it. The capes will be good. The bonuses will definalty be worth it. The capes will be good. The bonuses will definalty be worth it. The capes will be good...

Maybe if I say that enough times it'll make it more likely to be true.

Hopefully they're similar to the effects I suggest, if they are then they'll be teh r0x0rz.

Probably making fires you make last longer.
Thats gonna help me a bundle considering i use a STOVE... These cape bonuses wont be useful when your lvl 99.

Passing? Doubt it.

If wearing a 99 Defence cape gets you called a nerd, then 126 would be what, 10 times worse?.

Seriously. I know max combat players, and they don't get insulted as much as you'd like to think. People will skill just to wear these capes to show off. As more people level their stats and earn a cape, they'll wear it, nost shove it into some corner of their bank or POH for fear of jealous nubs telling them they don't deserve the cape they trained for. If they don't, jeez, talk about a sensitivity problem.

Go train at some popular spot, like blue drags, and see how often people ask "Str?" "Mage lv?" "Ranged?". Stats are admired for the most part by RuneScape players. (What else do you play for?) A cape like that simply proves you have that particular stat maxed out.

They won't grow old.

So basically, if you have put the effort and time in getting lvl 99 in a skill, you would be embarassed about it towards other players? I would be very proud of the achievement and wear that cape with pride and dignity, knowing that any player making a remark about it, is just jealous.

phata_elise.png

People should be proud on their 99 skills, and those people who say NO LIFER..or somthing like that, are JEALOUS! :wink:
One way of looking at it, but the other way is... it reflects how much time you put into the game... Now i dont know about you but i dont want people to know that ive been playing for a bit over a year....

I've never been called a no lifer/geek just because I have high stats, most low levels I meet say "wow, nice!" when I state one of my skill levels.

The quest capes will definitly become more respected because of the constant quests coming into the game, when theres a skill cap of 99.

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

By your thinking poeople with rubber chickens, scytes, bunny ears and yo-yos 'no-lifed' lots of people have been playing this game for 3 years+ and in that time it would be relativly easy to get a skill to 99, and some people only train a few skills, so thats all they do so dont spend time on other skills which would take time away from the skills they like the most

Candymann16.png

Thats idiotic, if you dont want to go for a 99 stat dont go for it, but levels is the bread and butter of the game. People have the desire to achieve 99 stats and if you play it you should respect others who have got a 99 stat, if you dont quit now.

Bdave.png

I like to call people geeks when they annoy me.

But i don't care, i can have 99 if i wanted to, in my year of playing, it's instead of leveling other stats (combat getting 95) people maye have got 99 fletching or whatever

If anyone remembers me... PM ME. having nostaligia issues D:

Probably making fires you make last longer.
Thats gonna help me a bundle considering i use a STOVE... These cape bonuses wont be useful when your lvl 99.

There not generally meant to be big add to the skill. They're more of a mark of respect that you have achieved a level 99 in a skill.

sodbbannercn2.png

I've seen you post this another thread already as well, with the same contents basically: that you think people will be called no-lifers/geeks. In this same thread you don't want people to know you've been playing over a year.

This is not a flame, let me ask you this: why do you care so much about what others think of you ? Are people's opinions about you so important that it would affect your way of playing Runescape ? People you will never meet in person, people you will not meet in game either: just passing-by. These people are one push of the computer on/off-button away. Grow attitude, self-confidence and filter through the bad to get to know the good people, who will value a cape as an achievement.

The people that do have multiple 99 skills, are usually level 120+ already and thats more a dead give-away they've spent alot of time on the game (myself included). I walk around in bronze armor at the Catherby fishing grounds as a level 125. The kiddies that start the insults right away, I ignore. The people that actually get the joke of the bronze armor, are the ones I will most likely get to know better.

Play your own game as you see fit and don't let others opinions bother you too much (same goes for real life btw :P )

DutchDreams.png

A person having lv 99 skills doenst make the "No Lifers" "Geek" etc, i see it as the time they put into it. IE, i would see n0valyfe as one, seeing how he maxed out in about 2 years i believe. Some people have worked hard for a lv 99 skill, while still living a life. While i don't have any incredible skill or anything, i like to play this game just because it helps get my mind off things, and i still go out with my friends Fri-Sun. So i never judge a person based on their level, i can tell based on their attitude how they really are, which i can't stand ignorant high levels.

clbqf5.jpg

Dragon drops: D med x3, D Spear x2, Left Half x1, D2h x1

Crawling Hands X4, Cockatrice heads X2, Basilisk head X2, Kurask head X1

Support me in the drop race

Personally, I don't really care about the update (When it comes). I have four 99 skills, but I'm not going to rush out to show off my cape. Besides, knowing Jagex the capes will probably have some type of bonuses which unbalance the game in some way or another.

And I'll bet a party hat on that.