New Elemental Armor Effects

kwimbob

When wearing a new Elemental Helmet, Elemental Shield, Mind Helmet, or Mind Shield there is a right click "operate" option. When you try to use the feature you get a "This option is not possible from this interface" message. My guess is that it is a teleport option (because all equipped jewelry now has an "activate" option also, which allows the wearer to teleport while wearing the jewellery) that was either added in early as a mistake or maybe that you do actually have to be touching something or have some kind of other interface on.

It probably was just added in early or as a mistake, but I'm curious. Nevermind to all that, I didn't notice all items had the option....

With the new addition of these elemental armors, do they all serve for the original purpose? Does a Mind shield works in place of the Elemental Shield when fighting Skeletal Wyverns? Also, would just an Elemental Helmet work? Or just a Mind Helmet?

KwimSigFinal-1.png?t=1304744327

Combat 116+; Total 1900+; All Hard Tasks; (Nearly) All quest points; (Nearly) All skills 60+; An aquatic moose ninja.

Currently: Using 63 hunter to get some of those "Chins", then I'm going to range stuff down. Interruptions of agility when I feel like it, as well.

And lucky enough to get 4 Dragon and 6 Barrow Drops.

[hide]Kwimbob now looks exactly like me in real life except for hair color. Yes, this means I look exactly like the protagonist of that certain anime that my second character, Faye_V is also named after. Yes, I bought a jacket that also looks like his. No in real life I don't have a slain bear to sling over my shoulders. Yes, I'm that skinny even if I no-life it for years in basements. No, I can't shoot a gun. Yes, I can win any other strategic video game you have never played - because I probably have, ahahaha. And yes, I also have brown eyes, yet one of my eyes looks different from the other. And yes, I'm completely oblivious to the [real] world around me as I constantly engineer new solutions to daily problems in my head. When I get hungry, all that isn't food can wait. When I'm sleepy - nothing is of any priority in front of sleep. But at any other time, I never slow down. Never give up. Never Surrender. Makes for a good life.

[hide]YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT.

- See You, Space Cowboy.[/hide][/hide]

Wow... Then to the second question... :-$ #-o

Combat 116+; Total 1900+; All Hard Tasks; (Nearly) All quest points; (Nearly) All skills 60+; An aquatic moose ninja.

Currently: Using 63 hunter to get some of those "Chins", then I'm going to range stuff down. Interruptions of agility when I feel like it, as well.

[hide]Kwimbob now looks exactly like me in real life except for hair color. Yes, this means I look exactly like the protagonist of that certain anime that my second character, Faye_V is also named after. Yes, I bought a jacket that also looks like his. No in real life I don't have a slain bear to sling over my shoulders. Yes, I'm that skinny even if I no-life it for years in basements. No, I can't shoot a gun. Yes, I can win any other strategic video game you have never played - because I probably have, ahahaha. And yes, I also have brown eyes, yet one of my eyes looks different from the other. And yes, I'm completely oblivious to the [real] world around me as I constantly engineer new solutions to daily problems in my head. When I get hungry, all that isn't food can wait. When I'm sleepy - nothing is of any priority in front of sleep. But at any other time, I never slow down. Never give up. Never Surrender. Makes for a good life.

ftwdj4.png

FTW :lol:

made0f12une.png

^^ClicK^^

"I backed my car into a cop car the other day

Well he just drove off sometimes life's ok

Alright already we'll all float on

Alright don't worry we'll all float on" - Isaac Brock

Days Hunting:4 - Kingly Imps Caught:2

Money Earned: 4.5-5m

I'll go check on the wyverns right now, I'll update with the results...

update: darn you kwim... I was just about to post that too... So yea, getting koed with a 46 wearing the helm kinda means it doesn't work...

"How you act when no one is looking is the clearest indicator of the strength or depravity of your true character. "

yeah, he's deffinetly a little excited...dont worry its not a glitch...d legs are meant to stretch in that area for that reason.

I got hit a 40 with just the elemental helm, so that doesn't work. I didn't get hit high with the mind shield, but I wasn't in there for too long of a time.

Make sure when testing if it works to turn off melee protect. Melee protect negates all damage done by the Wyvern's breath, so if you want a definitive answer be sure to use mage protect or no protection prayers at all.

Yep. So I'm not sure about the mind shield, but the elemental helm (and therefore the mind helm) don't work.

Make sure when testing if it works to turn off melee protect. Melee protect negates all damage done by the Wyvern's breath, so if you want a definitive answer be sure to use mage protect or no protection prayers at all.

Yep. So I'm not sure about the mind shield, but the elemental helm (and therefore the mind helm) don't work.

there are Elemental helms? :-s

there are Elemental helms? :-s

Yep, it's a purple band around your head just like the mind helm, but elemental purple. It has less magic defence than the mind helm (just as the elemental shield has less than the mind shield). When you put it on you get four little blasts of purple that come out of your head just like the mind helm. If you want to you can equip purple then orange and have a little fireworks show over your head \'

Oh, and it's made just like the elemental shield: 1 elemental bar on an anvil with a hammer with you (and you get two options, to make either the shield or the helm).

I would have actually expected that the Elemental/Mind Helm wouldnt work as you dont actually hold it in front of you to shield yourself.

I found out that you could make an Elemental Helm before I even made the Mind helm.

Oh, and as a side note, you need either the Slashed/Battered book from the first quest to make ANY of the Shields(to have the option) and the same way around for the Helms.

wow, its been a while Kwim, 'bout time you showed up again :P

Well so far the use i have found for the Shield and helm is for Abyss RC'ing, shield has better stats than sara book for mage def and Mind helm is pretty good too.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)