Best birthday present ftw?

herominerman

Ok this is a short story of what happened shortly following my bday :P

One of my Friends, who shall be known asBob for these purposes gave me a half key for my birthday, thinking i could sell it for 25k which owuld be quite handy. How very wrong he was.

A fewe hours later i was standing in fally bank, trying to sell my key and this guy shouts "Selling 30 forging rings!" so i ask him how many i can get for my half key. He gives me 15. Apparently that alone is worth ~75k but it could be wrong. But there is yet more.

I decide that i should go make some arrows and then i realise "hey! i have 15 rings of forging, lets go make 2100 iron bars to make tips!" so i whip out the ol' calculator and it seemed i would get to 47 mining and 47 smithing just making the damn tips! (This is from 26 mining and 23 smithing) and i would get 37.5k tips!

By now i was feeling a little giddy, because for me (A level 54 person) 37.5k arrows would be a lot.... and i got out my calculator again and figured out that making them would get me approximately 2.1MILLION fletching exp, so im like :twisted: :shock: :? all at once because this is enough exp to get to about level 81 fletching.

So when Bob Logs in, i tell him about these events and he says "wow! i have 13 rings of forging too!" So now me and bob are getting everything together to make out combined 58.8k arrows. Making them, we will get Bob to 80 fletching (He can already cut magics) and me to about level 77.

**Started mining an hour ago, at about 150 atm :P**

Glad the future looks bright for you. Make you sure you stick to your plans and don't get bored. Boredem = Failure =;

With so much exp and potential profit there, i doubt ill get bored :twisted: , ill update the post when i'm finished.

potential profit = mmmmmm.... yew longs.... *Drool*

Glad the future looks bright for you. Make you sure you stick to your plans and don't get bored. Boredem = Failure =;

i dont mean to burst your bubble. but did you do the fletching xp by 15s? because you make 15 arrows at once not 1. which means 2.1 divided by 15 = the xp you will actually get

Ralvn.png

well its your brithday present so it has to have a purpose

Part of my point was that neither of us expected something like this to happen... When he gave me it, my friend said "I know its only 25k but i hope it will help" (At the time, i was saving up for when i had completed dragon slayer, aka rune plate)

@ Ralxn hmm, good point :shock: ill jus go make more calculation, lol

*Edit* Did math, doing all 58.8k arrows, i would get to 58 fletching. Not as big as i thought, but still a 25 lvl improvement for me 8-)

I mine in Dwarven mines and then bank in fally obviously, and i would buy feathers but im poor so i cant really afford 37.5k of them lol

and yes i am making arrows, thats why i was talking about fletching exp :shock:

. Make you sure you stick to your plans and don't get bored. Boredem = Failure =;

amen to that =D>

+2 I usually have these big ideas, that will get me like 30 levels in 10 skills, but when I get to it, I get really bored. I would suggest doing something like farming or merchanting to get something else to do, while your doing your job.

Hmmm... that sounds nice, but let keep in mind that this isn't really very much because of your friend, he just kind of inspired you. I could set out on a quest to mine 50k coal today, but does that mean the 10m gp and 2.5m xp would be thanks to my friend that got me into mining when i was level 10? That said, good luck and enjoy the xp. Btw, mining in the Dorgeshuun mines and banking at the Culinaromancer's chest will be faster, and less crowded.

Make you sure you stick to your plans and don't get bored. Boredem = Failure =;

Words to live by...

SIG'D

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat