Spoilers!

Faux

Books, movies, shows, etc. Can a spoiler spoil the whole thing for you?

Personally, no. I can even remember the times where I read a Hardy Boys story and read the last few pages to find out the crook while I'm in the beginning because I just don't want to bother. I read the whole thing of course, but I just get tempted to find out asap. Even when the 'Snape Kills Dumbledore 606' meme occured, it didn't bother me at all. I knew about it, but it didn't spoil the whole thing for me. I consider the book as one of the most enjoyable of the series.

Like most, I have an exemption. For the movies I watch with a good friend of mine, I avoid spoilers like a plague. I don't want to ruin the movie because I want to share the movie from the beginning to the end. I want to be able to genuinely laugh and wow as scenes unfold.

But for everything else, go ahead, tell me about it :)

Not really for me.

I consider them "appetizers."

*Yum!* ::'

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

Yes. A spoiler can spoil the whole thing for me.

I remember when I went to see Spiderman 2, my friend was sitting beside me, telling me everything that was going to happen. It made me soooo angry. :evil:

Hehe, I don't like spoiling movies. But everytime someone asks me what happens in a movie where the protagonist is obviously not going to die, I make up a story of how the protagonist ends up dying.

Yes, they extremly annoy me.

I don't watch the "next week's previews" for any of the TV shows I watch anymore. Used to be I'd wait through one more commercial break just to see what is comming up on "Lost" or "Battlestar Galactica" the next week. Then you see people in the previews that may or may not have been killed, and you know they weren't.

While watching "Heroes" yesterday, there were commercials for "The Office" and "My Name is Earl". I saw a little bit of the previews for MNIE, then I shut my eyes, cover my ears, and cough really loudly so I can't tell anything they are saying. My mom thought something was wrong :o .

So yeah, I hate any sort of spoilers. These were all just examples of TV shows, but I hate spoilers anywhere.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Absolutely.

Some weeks ago, I was watching the final episode of the brazilian version of The Apprentice, which is shown in 2 channels in two different times.

I usually watch it on 52, where it always goes on earlier, but, as it was the final episode, and it was live, it was shown first on channel 19.

This way, I kept waiting for it on 52 and it just wouldn't begin. I put on 19 and they were already in the room, deciding who'd win. I thought "Ok, I'll watch the room and then I turn the TV off when he's about to announce the winner". As I hadn't watched the whole thing, I would watch the episode 1 hour later, on 52.

So I did that, can you imagine the effort it takes for someone who has watched ALL the programs, for months, to turn the tv off when the winner is going to be announced?

Anyway, I went on a brazilian forum while I waited for the program to start. Stupid me. It was there, the first posts, in capitalized letters "THE GUY HAS WON!".

I felt like killing the person who posted that.

michaelsigwm5.gif

^The most disturbing signature on Tip.it^

Last.fm|HELLY KAYLA!|Oh the mehagurtz!|#Siencemakers

"they care less about their spelling mistakes then I." - Lionheart

"apinagez... let me

I can even remember the times where I read a Hardy Boys story and read the last few pages to find out the crook while I'm in the beginning because I just don't want to bother. I read the whole thing of course, but I just get tempted to find out asap.

I probably did that with every Hardy boys book.

summerpngwy6.jpg

I don't really care either way with spoilers.

It's not so much about the result, it's about the process.

So unless I get told EVERYTHING - it doesn't change anything :P

It can do, but not all the time.

If you think about it, Reservoir Dogs is its own spoiler. Starting with Orange being shot and in the back of the car, that's the main turning point in the film. However, you're still kept wondering and anticipating how it happened.

I usually prefer not to have spoilers depending on what it is. Certain movies are fine cause i could probably care less. For other movies and games, i tend to stay away from people that know the plot line well.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

If you think about it, Reservoir Dogs is its own spoiler. Starting with Orange being shot and in the back of the car, that's the main turning point in the film. However, you're still kept wondering and anticipating how it happened.

There's a number of great films like that: Reservoir Dogs, like you said, but also Memento and of course the Usual Suspects, where you see everyone dying in the beginning. Yet still they are fantastic films. And I'm sure Daan will know of a bunch of other films that can be labelled like that as well.

Personally, I don't mind spoilers if the film isn't a detective where everything is about the outcome. As long as the spoiler isn't too accurate, it's no big deal. The Usual Suspects would've been a lot less interesting if you knew the exact outcome already.

Bill Hicks[/url]":dhj2kan9]Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

heinzny2.jpg

There's a number of great films like that: Reservoir Dogs, like you said, but also Memento and of course the Usual Suspects, where you see everyone dying in the beginning. Yet still they are fantastic films. And I'm sure Daan will know of a bunch of other films that can be labelled like that as well.

Personally, I don't mind spoilers if the film isn't a detective where everything is about the outcome. As long as the spoiler isn't too accurate, it's no big deal. The Usual Suspects would've been a lot less interesting if you knew the exact outcome already.

That's not so much a spoiler then as much as how it got to be that way is the main spoiler.

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

I hate spoilers in anything. It will spoil the whole thing for me if I know whats going to happen in a book or a movie.

I simply dont see how some of you guys can read the end of a book first!

It would definately make me not really want to read the book.

lope6jw0.jpg

I hate spoilers in anything. It will spoil the whole thing for me if I know whats going to happen in a book or a movie.

I simply dont see how some of you guys can read the end of a book first!

It would definately make me not really want to read the book.

That's because for me, I'm more interested on how things happen rather than what happens. I know it's a bit weird, but in a story for anything, the author/director's ability to make the whole thing flow is more significant.