HUNTING - Not a money drain - with supporting evidence

tafrank

Now I offciaily believe it, it must be true, well, might be, I dont know. Someone else has chatted with him before so... -.-

adam96ageli.png

You will all suffer under the power of my ranged, 18!!! Soon to be 99! Hope you can help by errr, helping me.

Actually, it won't, and there is more proof. A girl on Runescape made a

POH (player-owned houses) petition. And the popularity was vast. And that was for construction. Runescape saw that petition, so it won't be a drain, otherwise runescape wud probably lose business.

adam96ageli.png

You will all suffer under the power of my ranged, 18!!! Soon to be 99! Hope you can help by errr, helping me.

Look at farming and construction and how they benefited other skills. Farming is a great boon to herbalists. Construction has provided a new, fast, easy way to use dragon bones for prayer, cheaper repair of barrows armor, easier transportation around the world etc. Since primitive man used so much of the animal for so many things, hunting could be a significant aid for many skills.

It would seem to me that hunting will be in preserves, or similar areas, where access is limited to those of sufficient hunting levels. Pelts and other items will probably be tradable to some ready trader for other types of items, which could be anything.

Melee: New amour or weapons, either from trade, drop or manufacture.

Range and Fletching: New arrow tips, new crossbows (magic), new and better bowstrings.

Magic: New staffs (what would a staff made from Mammoth or Mastodon tusks do ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ summoning maybe?)

Runecrafting: Maybe the blood altar will be in a high level hunting preserve.

Agility: New shortcuts in preserves, new agility course in high level hunting preserve.

Crafting: New armor, clothing, rings, amulets (again, Mammoth tusk amulet, what will it do?)

Herblore: New seconds (organs from creatures) for new pots, we still need a good magic pot.

Cooking: Meat for eating

Construction: Ships for whaling, rugs, tents, chairs, Mammoth tusks thrones, hunting shacks.

Farming: Bone meal fertilizer.

Prayer: New bones, tusks etc.

Thieving: Stealing the catch of NPC hunters.

Mining: New mines.

Fishing: New types of fishes and new fishing areas.

Slayer: Slayer creatures that must be trapped, not killed.

When you consider that this will open up new areas, the types and number of things that can be added to the game is almost unlimited. Maybe the elves will trade some interesting crystals for certain pelts ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ would you like a crystal long? Maybe 5 of some bone or pelt, as common a drop as rune boots or abby whips, can be traded for a new high powered weapon or armor with some trader.

Jagex has been working on this for over a year for sure, they could have thought up all kinds of stuff during that time. DonÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t limit your imagination before the skill is introduced.

And if you see my username, I am going to dedicate my liffe (on Runescape) to The hunting skill. :D

Yeah, that's what they all said when farming came out. :boohoo:

well training the skill might not take large amounts of cash, but buying the spoils from other players might.

Very true

homerhc6.jpg

Respect- Oy_the_Great, Lode, Bubsa, Weezcake, Thrash111, Gloric, Vmser, Pianofrieak2, Runemetsa

Sigs Made By - Pink

Not every skill is a money drain.

Mining and Woodcutting can be done for free after Tutorial Island. Same goes for combat stats if you don't buy equipment.

A money drain is basically when you have to pay money to a shop, when the money disappears from the game. For construction you need to pay for the sawmill, cloth, marble, servants etc.

When buying stuff like armour and weapons from other players, the money will just go to the other player, not be deleted permanently from the game.

Uula.png

As someone else already said, paul's response doesn't constitute a definite answer to your question.

It's like saying to your best friend, "No, buddy, of course I didnt drive your car into the river." But you dont tell him that, technically, the body of water in question was a lake

b6ebdf2a12.png

armycommandercopy.png

Look at farming and construction and how they benefited other skills. Farming is a great boon to herbalists. Construction has provided a new, fast, easy way to use dragon bones for prayer, cheaper repair of barrows armor, easier transportation around the world etc. Since primitive man used so much of the animal for so many things, hunting could be a significant aid for many skills.

It would seem to me that hunting will be in preserves, or similar areas, where access is limited to those of sufficient hunting levels. Pelts and other items will probably be tradable to some ready trader for other types of items, which could be anything.

Melee: New amour or weapons, either from trade, drop or manufacture.

Range and Fletching: New arrow tips, new crossbows (magic), new and better bowstrings.

Magic: New staffs (what would a staff made from Mammoth or Mastodon tusks do ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ summoning maybe?)

Runecrafting: Maybe the blood altar will be in a high level hunting preserve.

Agility: New shortcuts in preserves, new agility course in high level hunting preserve.

Crafting: New armor, clothing, rings, amulets (again, Mammoth tusk amulet, what will it do?)

Herblore: New seconds (organs from creatures) for new pots, we still need a good magic pot.

Cooking: Meat for eating

Construction: Ships for whaling, rugs, tents, chairs, Mammoth tusks thrones, hunting shacks.

Farming: Bone meal fertilizer.

Prayer: New bones, tusks etc.

Thieving: Stealing the catch of NPC hunters.

Mining: New mines.

Fishing: New types of fishes and new fishing areas.

Slayer: Slayer creatures that must be trapped, not killed.

When you consider that this will open up new areas, the types and number of things that can be added to the game is almost unlimited. Maybe the elves will trade some interesting crystals for certain pelts ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ would you like a crystal long? Maybe 5 of some bone or pelt, as common a drop as rune boots or abby whips, can be traded for a new high powered weapon or armor with some trader.

Jagex has been working on this for over a year for sure, they could have thought up all kinds of stuff during that time. DonÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t limit your imagination before the skill is introduced.

those are some very good points there. I'm expecting mammoth skin to hang on the walls in the skill hall.

[Admin edit:we do not allow religious references in signatures]

"I don't think that's particularly the aim of this one"

Particularly.

Interesting word. Notice that he didn't say "no, not this skill".

The particular goal may be to expand the known world of Runescape, add new foods, quests, etc. That they made it a huge cash sink is just a nice side effect from Jagex's perspective.

I think this post, if true, is actually clear evidence that it WILL be a massive money drain, even though that is not the "particular" aim (as it clearly was for Construction).

yea, paul is playing very safe in his reply...

so, we dont really know it is or not a money drain by this reply... sad

I don't think Im quite yet ready for a new skill to come out.

construction just feels like yesterday.. :-k

Me too, and I still have 1 constructiong :XD:

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

Idiot logic? I mean paticuairly the aim? Like anwayways people have already said it's crush their buisiness, and we just had a money drain- people sell to make money for skills, and so there is proably drops in lots of things(because lots of people selling mean they be competitive and lower etc), not just rares so the jagex staff proably won't do that so soon. And Paticuialary the aim proably means the design staff told him that they don't intent to do another money drainer, so proably 60/70% chance not I think and 40/30% Is drain. Oh yeah and didn't they talk about squirrels? There are squirrels between Fally and Barbar. Village? Possibly Nature reserves but some like squirrels- just walking about.

cool

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

I really hope it's not a money sink skill. Skills that you can't buy are much more respected the higher you go. Skillers like myself love these skills for that reason.....time and effort should be put into the game not the ability to buy whatever you want.

I agree Trix. Definitely I would prefer a HARD and SLOW skill to raise, but very little money put into it. Sort of like slayer or agility.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

aww, I was hoping it would be so rares would drop in price, I could buy some, and theyd shoot back up and I could buy st00f :D
as far as i knew phats went down some from before.. I don't keep up on other rares tho since i really don't like em all too much

RSN: drgnslyer15

Drgnslyer15.png

15 skills 90+ - 10 skills 99 - 200m+ total exp

I see the reason for the new skill already. The RS market is crashing. Prices are going down. I heard, I need confirmation on this, that the price on rune boots went form 250k to 150k? Thats a big [bleep]e, and Jagex knows it. The hunting skill is supposed to eventually lead up to soemthign big thats gonna cost a lot.

Its a wonder that full skelly (Halloween event) isn't tradable.

Why do people always say the market is crashing...Just cause an item that hundreds more come into the game every day goes down, doesn't mean we're all gonna die...

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!