Does anyone buy flatpacked construction items?

123neopet

Having found that although I am at level 35 construction, and am already top 170,000 in construction. So I wondered, how many people out of the members actually had a house, let alone bought flatpacked items. So now I'm asking: has anyone here ever purchased a flatpacked item?

P2P forever!... Or at least 'til <insert excuse here> happens

Falterflame.png

98% of people have signatures with made up statistics in them. If you're one of the 2% that doesn't, copy this and add it to your signature.

I have never bought or sold any flatpack furniture. It is pretty easy to get up to level 50-60 in construction, and with the addition of tea (+3) and the crystal saw(+3), most items are well within people's reach. Noone is going to make a flatpack of anything that requires gold leaf or marble as the risk is too high if the buyer decides not to buy after all. Flat packing is only good if you want a nice house but can't be bothered with the construction levels and you have a mate who can make you lowish level furniture.

curanir1.png

Best Barrows Chest: guth skirt, dh helm, dh axe, racks, gp (23/08/06); best tt reward: robin, guthix helm, guthix legs, nats, rune legs

i recently bought a lot of stuff for my costume room, including marble stuff.

I was once at the airport with my friends in California, had to go "potty" really bad, and just pissed my pants in the middle of the terminal. (All the cool kids piss in their pants, right?)

loledit.jpg

barrows loot: lost count

daga king loot: lost count :p

I have 96 construction and have sold quite a few flatpacks for ABOVE level 80. Especially recently construction room furniture. Most people only buy marble/mahogany flatpacks. However, if you browse the Runescape Construction Forum, you can keep an eye out for people buying flatpacks.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

No, I have never bought a flatpack. I think having the level to build things is much better (i'm 72 construction). Although if I ever run out of room in my costume room I may pay the RSOF a visit to buy one of those high end wardrobes or cape racks. I don't plan to get my con up anytime soon.

I have before, flatpacks are actually sometimes cheap Maybe i will get a friend to make them and give to me. My consturction is 13, as i really think the skill is a waste of time.

adam96ageli.png

You will all suffer under the power of my ranged, 18!!! Soon to be 99! Hope you can help by errr, helping me.

So if i have 60 construction can i still install a Marble wardrob Thats lvl 96 to make yourself? :oops:

I feel like a noob asking.

edit: i am a noob a construction noob #-o

Correct, installing flat packs do not need any construction level provided you have the room.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

I never bought anything. I am level 69 construction. On the other hand, a very kind friend (who is level 99 construction) made me the flatpacked items I couldnt make for myself (for treasure room and bedroom). If he hadn't done so, I would have considered buying flatpacked items for my costume room, to store things and thereby free up bank space.

Keep in mind though, that people who buy stuff often want to spend their money on the best item there is - and usually only *if* the item has any use.

Regarding selling items: When construction first came out, I sold a lot of clockwork cats, since I had the crafting level to make them - and they were new in the game and thereby popular. Noone buys them nowadays.

Please think before you ask a question. If you ask the right question, its much more likely you get the answer you are looking for :)

Gugge.png

Moly.png

Yes, I have bought quite a few. Specifically ones for my costume room to get more bankspace. I paid 1.5m for a magic cape rack and about 400k for the best wardrobe as well. It's only good money with con if you can make stuff that only a handful of others can make (and if people actually want what you can make).

Nazgul.jpeg

i bought materials and then had a 99 con person make me stuff, does that count?

Is it true, Jessy, flat 99s and 4500 posts? =D>

Nuh uh.

On topic, I purchased some oak tables and things for less than the cost of oaks so that I could have a nicer house.

Urza. The One. The Legend.

96703366.thumb3.jpeg

So if i have 60 construction can i still install a Marble wardrob Thats lvl 96 to make yourself? :oops:

I feel like a noob asking.

edit: i am a noob a construction noob #-o

Correct, installing flat packs do not need any construction level provided you have the room.

:3> Thanks for clearing that up :thumbsup:

Now to contribute to this post, i do now buy flatpacks \'

Of course people buys them!! People who can't make everything out of mahogany goes to OF and buys there off people! Hey, it's pretty good cash too!

actually no one sells unless it's higher lvl. Costume rooms force you to do that in a way.