The Fight Caves

muggiwhplar

Great guide Muggi, I am downloading it piece by piece as the website only allows me to do so every 40 minutes or so. :XD:

Just one question, does the quest/skill page trick still work? Something in the back of my mind is telling me it doesn't, I could be wrong though.

I bought enough pots for three attempts, just gotta Barrows my Veracs and C Bows back and hopefully I can get all the way through in those three attempts. :D

EDIT: Also, do you need to kill the healers or just attack them? Thanks.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wrote another Fight Caves guide for Tip.It to use on their main website. I dunno if it'll get published or not, but here it is for those of you who are interested (it's a written guide (no videos) on the Guthan, w/o Guthan, and w/o Defence methods):

[hide=The Fight Caves]The Fight Caves

By muggiwhplar

Introduction

The Fight Caves is a player vs. monster mini-game created to test your survival skills. You will be alone against dozens of monsters for the next two to three hours, depending on your stats. To enter the Fight Caves, travel to Karamja and enter the volcano. Once inside the volcano, enter the nearby cave to gain access into the city of TzHaar. The Fight Caves mini-game is located to the west, as well as a bank.

Monsters

There are seven types of monsters you will encounter in the Fight Caves ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ each of them possesses unique characteristics.

Tz-Kih (level-22): These are small and weak, but every time they attack you, they drain your prayer. If they hit a 0, you still lose 1 prayer point. However, the higher they hit means the more prayer you lose. They have 10hp and a max hit of 4.

Tz-Kek (level-45): These monsters are also weak; however if you attack them with a melee weapon from melee distance, you will receive recoil damage every time you hurt them. Also, when they die, they split into two smaller versions of themselves. They occupy a 2x2 region so you can lure them and safely range them without repercussions. They have 20hp and a max hit of 7.

Tz-Kek (level-22): When a Tz-Kek (level-45) is killed, it will split into two weaker versions of itself. These monsters have 10hp each and a max hit of 4.

Tok-Xil (level-90): The Tok-Xil uses both melee and range attacks. However, if you are not within melee distance of it, it will only use range. Thus, range prayer is advised while standing at a distance from it. The Tok-Xil has 40hp and a max hit of 13.

Yt-MejKot (level-180): This is a large monster which only attacks with melee. However, it can hit very hard. In addition to hitting hard, it also has the ability to heal itself and other monsters. However, it will not heal anything if you are not within melee distance of it. Killing these monsters from safe spots is essential. The Yt-MejKot has 80hp and a max hit of 25.

Ket-Zek (level-360): This monster is very similar to the Tok-Xil (level-90). It uses both magic and melee attacks. However, it will not use melee attacks unless you are within melee distance from it. Magic prayer is essential when attacking this monster. It has 160hp and has a max hit of 49.

TzTok-Jad (level-702): This is the final boss in the Fight Caves, as well as the most powerful monster in all of RuneScape. It uses all three forms of attack, however it will not use melee if you are not within melee distance of it. TzTok-Jad has 250hp and a max hit of 97 (Note: he has hit 99ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s on me in the past, but the ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹ÃâMonster ScanÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ lunar spell says his max hit is only 97. Perhaps they have lowered his max hit since then or the scan spell is just buggy).

Yt-HurKot (level-108): In the battle against TzTok-Jad (level-702), four of these monsters will spawn to heal TzTok-Jad when he is at about half-health. While they are generally weak monsters, they are a lethal distraction when you are fighting TzTok-Jad. They have 60hp and a max hit of 14.

Note that for the rest of the guide I will refer to the monsters by their combat level. I will refer to TzTok-Jad (level-702) as ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅJad,ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

77yLQy8.png

With this guide on my 1st try iI got to wave 59.... had to log cause of my mom.

second try got to jad.. I didn;t pot up before killing the 360 so I really messed up their.

This guide owns!!

I have one question though. Wouldn't rune boots work well also? Even though it's -1 range, has good melee defense. I think it can help with the healers and the 45/22.

With this guide on my 1st try iI got to wave 59.... had to log cause of my mom.

second try got to jad.. I didn;t pot up before killing the 360 so I really messed up their.

This guide owns!!

I have one question though. Wouldn't rune boots work well also? Even though it's -1 range, has good melee defense. I think it can help with the healers and the 45/22.

No they barely add any defense

77yLQy8.png

Lol got some more items for my equipment yesterday, some guy died at the blue dragon in Heroes guild after stealing it from me, then died coz he looked away lol. Got a FREE Ranger Set from him...Shame he didn't drop his Fury aswel though :(

I yearn for the day when chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned.

untitled6kv7.gif

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

Good guide, I got past healers on Jad first try. Then I kinda panicked and was 2 hit. :oops:

Another friend recommended a large stack of purple sweets to heal small amounts of hp on lower waves? You recommend these?

Quit RS, combat 104, total 1651

ugafan2009.png

Good guide, I got past healers on Jad first try. Then I kinda panicked and was 2 hit. :oops:

Another friend recommended a large stack of purple sweets to heal small amounts of hp on lower waves? You recommend these?

No they're a waste of money; rapid heal is fine

77yLQy8.png

I just got enough money for everything minus the Fury (Which I will get soon lol)

I will be going in with...

Veracs Helm > Helm of Neitiznot > God Mitre > Proselyte Helm > Initiate Helm > Archer Helm > Robin Hood Hat

Trimmed 99 Cape > God Cloak > Ava's Accumulator > 99 Cape > Obsidian Cape > Legends Cape > God Cape > Regular Cape

Fury > God Stole > Unholy Symbol > Glory

Crystal Bows > Karils Crossbow (5k bolt racks) > Magic Shortbow (1k Rune Arrows, picking up)

Karils Leathertop > Black Dragonhide Body > Monk Robe Top

Veracs Plateskirt > Proselyte Platelegs/Skirt > Initiate Platelegs/Skirt > Monk Robe Bottom

Gloves (Barrows) > Black Vambraces

Ranger Boots > Snakeskin Boots > Frog-leather Boots > White Boots

Archers Ring > Ring of Recoil

Expect to see a pic of me dying during the week :P #-o

I yearn for the day when chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned.

untitled6kv7.gif

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

Muggi, I have problems using brews on jad. Drinking 2 brew doses, a super restore, and then re potting range is just too much for me to do while pray switching. Do you think my new inventory could work?

1 c bow

3 range pots

18 supers

100 purple sweets

1 brew

4 tuna potatoes/sharks

Brews just aren't working for me. :-s

ugafan2009.png

Muggi, I have problems using brews on jad. Drinking 2 brew doses, a super restore, and then re potting range is just too much for me to do while pray switching. Do you think my new inventory could work?

1 c bow

3 range pots

18 supers

100 purple sweets

1 brew

4 tuna potatoes/sharks

Practice, practice, practice :P

77yLQy8.png

1 c bow

3 range pots

18 supers

100 purple sweets

1 brew

4 tuna potatoes/sharks

Yeah, yeah.....just irritates me spending 2 hours and like 600k just to fail. <.<

Do you think it will work :ohnoes:

ugafan2009.png

1 c bow

3 range pots

18 supers

100 purple sweets

1 brew

4 tuna potatoes/sharks

Yeah, yeah.....just irritates me spending 2 hours and like 600k just to fail. <.<

Do you think it will work :ohnoes:

Ha! I'm spending 8.2m on my very first trip :D ^_^ and I will more than likley fail so think of that before saying about 600k.

untitled6kv7.gif

Nice new guide you have there. =D>

Gonna try for third time tonight. \'

And a helpful tip is to put the first round of waves until you get to 360's in your ignore list. This way, you will know what's coming without too much thinking.

ugafan2009.png

Nice new guide, well updated guide anyway.

untitled6kv7.gif

very nice =) ill explain my attempts at fire caves:

first attempt: brung 4k bolt racks and xbow, 5 sara brews, 2 range pots rest super restores. i folowed this guide but really had no expierence what so ever, so i died on wave 43 after panicking with both 360 and 90 attacking.

second attempt: i was doing really well, still had plenty of brews + resotres left until i laged for about 10 sec at wave 53 and had like 5hp, i was drinkin sara brews but then pray ran out and got koed by 360 =s

now gonna go for 3rd attempt, know i know what to do and much more knowledge

veng/barrage - torso/hat - b gloves

dh64ot2.png