power cord not long enough - no extension cords?

____

Cool stuff.

Warning: Even though these microwaves are about as harmful as the leakage from an ordinary microwave oven (not much), do not put computers, televisions, other sensitive electrical equipment, food, liquids, paper, glass, flammable substances, magnets, or living things in between the base and satellite units. Just in case.

However, after reading that... little worried :lol: . Still, it's very nice.

What will they invent next? The self filling bottle? :lol: Prettie neat tool though but there is something that already exists which can solve this problem...Extension Cables :).

God bless Extension Cables!

Disturbing, talk about cancer machines lol

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

They don't exist... yet.

there was an article on the BBC earlier this week where an American research team have worked out how to make it work. However, its only in theory and by computer models. They have yet to develop a working prototype. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6129460.stm

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

There loads of cool stuff that Think geek Labs have developed since Dr Pao Frillo joined the research team.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

They say its no more damaging then the radiation from a microwave - which is alpha rays... alpha rays can't even pass thru a piece of paper, no worries.

There's no such things as alpha rays. There are alpha particles, which are related to radioactive decay, not electromagnetic waves. Alpha particles are helium nuclei and can't pass through a piece of paper. Alpha particles have nothing to do with microwaves or microwave ovens.

This wireless power will be a big waste of energy - even directional antennas like that leak to the sides and project their beam as a cone.

Some people are changed by being a moderator. I wouldn't be.

They say its no more damaging then the radiation from a microwave - which is alpha rays... alpha rays can't even pass thru a piece of paper, no worries.

There's no such things as alpha rays. There are alpha particles, which are related to radioactive decay, not electromagnetic waves. Alpha particles are helium nuclei and can't pass through a piece of paper. Alpha particles have nothing to do with microwaves or microwave ovens.

This wireless power will be a big waste of energy - even directional antennas like that leak to the sides and project their beam as a cone.

there are alpha, beta, and gamma rays. Look at the wave spectrum, or go to wiki...

there are alpha, beta, and gamma rays. Look at the wave spectrum, or go to wiki...

Funnily enough I did, but I'm guessing you didn't. Alpha rays redirects to alpha particles. Yes, there are gamma rays but there are only alpha and beta particles. Some might call them rays, but that is incorrect as they are actually particles (helium nuclei as I said before, and electrons or positrons).

Alpha particle

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(Redirected from Alpha rays)

Looking at the electromagnetic spectrum you'll see that it makes no mention of alpha or beta rays - only gamma rays. Probably because gamma are the only ones which are actually rays. Honestly, do you check these things that you cite as evidence before you post?

Even if you are going to (erroneously) call them rays they have nothing to do with microwave ovens.

I was using it as an example of the ammount of radiation it gives off, which is next to nothing... and sorry for not being politically correct, but as far as I am concerned - we call them rays in my college physics class, and they are on the wave spectrum, you said so your self... so who cares?

If you're saying "the radiation from a microwave - which is alpha rays" then you are not in a college physics class. If you were at college doing physics (which, incidentally, my brother is) you'd know that they have nothing to do with microwave ovens, as you said they did.

and they are on the wave spectrum, you said so your self

Quite the contrary, if you look up you'll see I actually said this:

Looking at the electromagnetic spectrum you'll see that it makes no mention of alpha or beta rays

There's nothing wrong with being incorrect as long as you readily admit it when you realise...

If you're saying "the radiation from a microwave - which is alpha rays" then you are not in a college physics class. If you were at college doing physics (which, incidentally, my brother is) you'd know that they have nothing to do with microwave ovens, as you said they did.

and they are on the wave spectrum, you said so your self

Quite the contrary, if you look up you'll see I actually said this:

Looking at the electromagnetic spectrum you'll see that it makes no mention of alpha or beta rays

There's nothing wrong with being incorrect as long as you readily admit it when you realise...

Yup, and there are two types of waves... mechanical and EM... therefore it's on the wave spectrum.

...we call them rays in my college physics class, and they are on the wave spectrum...

I suggest you withdraw from all your classes and find yourself a new college that actually knows what it's talking about.

Yup, and there are two types of waves... mechanical and EM... therefore it's on the wave spectrum.

They are particles that are emitted individually. They have nothing to do with waves, EM or mechanical. A mechanical wave is oscillation through a medium. Also, mechanical waves don't have a spectrum like EM ones do, so no, they aren't on the 'wave spectrum'.

Even if they were mechanical waves, which they aren't, they would have nothing to do with microwave ovens.

Why are you pretending you know about this stuff? It is okay to admit you're wrong. People don't think someone is an idiot for admitting they were mistaken; they think they're an idiot for pretending they know about things.

They are particles that are emitted individually. They have nothing to do with waves, EM or mechanical. A mechanical wave is oscillation through a medium. Also, mechanical waves don't have a spectrum like EM ones do, so no, they aren't on the 'wave spectrum'.

Even if they were mechanical waves, which they aren't, they would have nothing to do with microwave ovens.

Why are you pretending you know about this stuff? It is okay to admit you're wrong. People don't think someone is an idiot for admitting they were mistaken; they think they're an idiot for pretending they know about things.

Right, I don't know why you go on about mechanical waves, I never said thay they were mechanical waves to begin with, I just stated that that is a form of wave, and like I said, I never said it had anything to do with a microwave oven... I told you that 2 times now, I said that it would be no more dangerous then that. For christ sakes, read.

Right, I don't know why you go on about mechanical waves, I never said thay they were mechanical waves to begin with

You said there are EM waves an mechanical waves. I already showed they weren't EM waves - that means you must think they are mechanical waves - which they aren't.

I just stated that that is a form of wave

It isn't. I already said why not.

and like I said, I never said it had anything to do with a microwave oven...

Yes you did - right here:

They say its no more damaging then the radiation from a microwave - which is alpha rays...

Stop contradicting yourself. You said there that the radiation from a microwave is alpha rays.

My advice to you is just admit you were wrong and stop digging.

In the midst of all these flames, I would like to say, kudos for cordless cords!

posting messages that are deliberately hostile and insulting

I am simply arguing on a subject related to this topic - disproving the misinformation that has been posted. My messages are neither hostile nor insulting, though I can't help if zonda takes being proven wrong to be hostile or insulting.