Santas disappearing?

caskade

Well, I visit the RSOF on a daily basis in my first block and have been watching santa threads. Seems like there is a high demand and low supply; however, those that want to buy have been buying them for around the same price for a solid 2 weeks now. Shouldn't high demand/low supply supplement an increase in price? I'm just glad i got mine awhile back. =]

casketwl7.png

Sig Under Construction

Current Goals: FIshing 91/99 Cooking 93/99

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Few weeks after Hunter comes out they'll shoot up. Merchants have been grabbing as many as they can while the prices are low lately. As soon as people realise Hunter isn't a money drain, they'll be wanting to buy back their rares, but merchants won't be willing to sell for that low price anymore. ;)

Dork.jpeg

Sig And Avatar by Tripsis - 99 Slayer Blog - My Pyramid Plunder Guide

Owner of Fire Cape since 28-09-2005 - 426th to 99 Strength

Few weeks after Hunter comes out they'll shoot up. Merchants have been grabbing as many as they can while the prices are low lately. As soon as people realise Hunter isn't a money drain, they'll be wanting to buy back their rares, but merchants won't be willing to sell for that low price anymore. ;)

I think its because of the skiller capes also, think about it... people wanting 99 in skills such as cons which drains away money in marked.

not if people are willing to sell at the lower price.

Excatly. They know that after Hunting, prices will shoot back up.

Ya, I've noticed this a bit, and thought it kinda tied into your herblore rant. Now the Santas market is being cornered.

Look, if your mom still drops you off at school, you ain't gangsta, pull up your damn pants!

142qvyv.jpg

3 down, 7 to go

How do we know hunting won't be a money drain?

Someone asked Mod Paul in-game and had a screenshot. The intent of hunting was not to be a money sink like construction.

OOh thx didnt know this previously

Currently not active on RuneScape.

dazzuhsiggyfinal.png

Someone asked Mod Paul in-game and had a screenshot. The intent of hunting was not to be a money sink like construction.

if you remember correct the way paul worded it it was something like, i dont think we are going for that idea on this 1, meaning basically it could drain $ out of the economy but not nearly as much as construction. it could be a few things it could mean it will be 1/4th as costly as construction or 1/32nd as costly to get to 99 hunting. then it could mean its all free basically, like fishing costs about 100 coins for a few lobster pots harpoons and such.

just make sure you watch how they word things, people with jobs that deal with documentation such as lawyers and record dealers for an example can really throw in some strange loops into contracts that some people just might over look or not understand but can really screw them over. so just be ready for anything

no1 will sell fro low price, thats when the price will go back on. im keeping my sanat until its 30m again

Quit runescape on Jan 6th of 2008, at level of 115 with around 150M worth of item in bank...however stats still remains

Baoding.png

World 59, the world i loved~

59.png

Now 95% dedicated to playing Microsoft flight simulator

image_mini

http://www.youtube.com/user/im1knight

my youtube channel with many FSX videos i made. please leave a comment if you will

heres the rare cycle

person has phat set

person gets banned

phat set gone forever

person drops phat

no one picks up

gone forever

Your name is "bet you fail", and you're starting a business with your mom? I'm not even going to touch that.....

better not be... nice avatar btw lol

Theres been a Thread about hunting being a money drain skill or not and some one posted a Picture proving that its not, heres what he asked.

"Is hunting gonna be another money drainer?"

J-mod: No, i dont think that was the idea on this one.

that isn't 100% how it goes but i tried to remember as much as i could and it was proven that it wont be a money drainer by a J-Mod

----Retired Runescape Player 1/13/07-----

if you remember correct the way paul worded it it was something like, i dont think we are going for that idea on this 1, meaning basically it could drain $ out of the economy but not nearly as much as construction. it could be a few things it could mean it will be 1/4th as costly as construction or 1/32nd as costly to get to 99 hunting. then it could mean its all free basically, like fishing costs about 100 coins for a few lobster pots harpoons and such.

just make sure you watch how they word things, people with jobs that deal with documentation such as lawyers and record dealers for an example can really throw in some strange loops into contracts that some people just might over look or not understand but can really screw them over. so just be ready for anything

Well yes that's possible, but I never said that wouldn't happen.

I only said the intent of Hunting was not to be a money sink like costruction. I never said it wouldn't drain money out.

icecube7.jpeg

Well yes that's possible, but I never said that wouldn't happen.

I only said the intent of Hunting was not to be a money sink like costruction. I never said it wouldn't drain money out.

yea i get ya, what i said was meant for people whom may have misconstrued it to where it maybe completely/nearly free. i just try to offer words of warning to who take things much to seriously. but yea i hope it drains billions out of the economy really. things are to outrageous in price any more. but then again i dont want to spend millions to get to lvl 50

i keep my santa i never take it out of the bank unless im specifically going to show it off, which is rare VERY RARE. i dont ever think of selling it unless i seem to be in serious financial trouble which is never because it will be their the next day... santas arent disappearing just getting harder to buy because people are stock piling

heres the rare cycle

person has phat set

person gets banned

phat set gone forever

person drops phat

no one picks up

gone forever

wow you realize that what you said seriously has no relevance? first off, people with party hats have been banned its not the first or last time this will happen.

also like what 0.001% of people drop rares and let them disappear... some do it then lag out. but whatever. ive seen alot of people die to ranomds @ pc on world 78(when 78 was the world) i got a pair of ranger boots some1 from tip.it lost a green party hat and so much other stuff...

guys, we know it's not a drainer, but here's the deal...Hunting will draw attention to itself with equipment and new items, although the money will never be lost, it still will decrease the market for a little bit after it comes out.

wow you realize that what you said seriously has no relevance? first off, people with party hats have been banned its not the first or last time this will happen.

also like what 0.001% of people drop rares and let them disappear... some do it then lag out. but whatever. ive seen alot of people die to ranomds @ pc on world 78(when 78 was the world) i got a pair of ranger boots some1 from tip.it lost a green party hat and so much other stuff...

:shock: Are there enough rares for there to be .001? :-s

I'm not so sure whether to buy some santas, as Jagex did mention "new weapons" from "benefits of leveling hunter."

Sound like slayer much? And we all remember the drop in rares to purchase whips. It'll be a very interesting market to watch, but as usual, I think I'm going to stay out of the rare business.

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats

wow you realize that what you said seriously has no relevance? first off' date=' people with party hats have been banned its not the first or last time this will happen.

also like what 0.001% of people drop rares and let them disappear... some do it then lag out. but whatever. ive seen alot of people die to ranomds @ pc on world 78(when 78 was the world) i got a pair of ranger boots some1 from tip.it lost a green party hat and so much other stuff...[/quote'] :shock: Are there enough rares for there to be .001? :-s

you misunderstand, of course theirs a 0.001% # of people thats like what? 100k people? 1mil? more? i dunno percentages always threw me off a little bit. but cmon its entirely possible 1million rare items exist/existed... my friend has like 500 mask sets. thats alot.

my whole point is, people do make videos of them eating easter eggs and dropping items but all that can be faked. and its very unlikely usually that this happens