Skill Guide: Hunter

Kiara_Kat

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

once i was catching wild kebbits with raw bird meat and i baited the trap and after i caught 1 the fur, claws and bird meat came back so u get back ur bird meat, i tried with raw beef and it take ur full beef u dont get back

oh and if u bait the trap almost 80-100% of the time u get a catch im 29 hunting and when u bait for wild kebbits u get so many consistent catches

I can confirm this, the Raw Bird Meat bait that is. I was doing it on Sabre-Tooth Kebbits, and when I used Raw Beef (from cows) they'd take it, however I always got my Bird Meat back.

Can't give any note on the Bait vs Unbait trick cause I just started deadfalling.

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

Couple of Tips here(these may have been posted before, I didn't read :anxious: ):

-When lizard/salamander hunting, if you are afraid of competing for a trap, bring an extra rope and fishing net. If your trap falls apart, build a new trap, then pick up your old trap.

-Lizards and salamanders will still go for your trap if you don't have bait.

-When deadfalling kebbits, the kebbits are not horribly picky about what type of bait you use. You can use a piece of meat for barb-tailed and [puncture]ly kebbits, and they will still go for the trap. Also, try to cut down trees for logs while you wait

-The desert area seems to be the least used of all the hunting areas. If buying waterskins is no cost to you, the desert hunting area can be good.

-Runescape Addict --- Seven-time Writer for the Tip.It Times-

"Yes I have tricks in my pocket, I have things up my sleeve. But I am the opposite of a stage magician. He gives you the illusion that has the appearance of truth. I give you truth in the pleasant disguise of illusion." - The Glass Menagerie

DragonkinFF13Sig2copy.jpg

"This game isn't about graphics, it's about fun." - The Great Ortiz 9471

<> Dragon drops: Plateskirt(1), Half Shield(1) <>

Chinchompas look to be good for training range. Obviously, that's meant for range guide.

When trapping the kebbits that drop long darts, you can craft them with chisel on site making a stackable item.

The Green Lizard apparently can poisen your opponent on certain combat stances. This suggests other salamanders may have hidden bonuses.

It's impossible to control nets unless you stand right by it (limiting yourself to one).

Make a note that instanced random events that take too long can make you lose your traps, so take more than you use.

Smoking and baiting traps appear to speed up your catching time. Standing away from the trap (outside of audio range) seems to increase catch rate, not confirmed (may be all you need is camoflage).

Butterflies can now be used in Castlewars.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

I just mixed some marrentil tar, mixing two lots gave 85xp, so for one mixture(15 tar + 1 marrentil) the herblore xp you get is 42.5xp. This is actually more than an antiposion potion according to the herblore guide, so it may be worth mentioning in there too, it's better herb xp for your herbs, and saves vials.

Junkieman608.png

ferrets require a box trap and 27 hunter to catch. they are caught in the woodland and get you 115xp

catchin rabbits also requires 27 huntin and a rabbit snare. these get 144 xp each and are caught by laying a rabbit snare at one waren and using a ferret on another. found in the woodland.

stringin a rabbit's foot requires 1 rabbit foot and 1 ball of wool. stringing the foot gets you 4xp and the rabbits foot does not change your combat stats or weight. it's examine info is "Not so lucky for the rabbit." they require 24 hunting to wear.

[inferno_char edit: Thanks for the info, sadly you were too late we had already collected this info ourselves. Oh and next time dont triple post, the edit button is there for a reason.]

logo2d.jpg

you wouldin't beleive me if i told you so heres the pick

unter2ql6.png

Edit: Here is the rest

bootsf2.png

[hide=]

Wow... I just scanned it with my new high tech program called "common sense" and it detected a scam.

Some people just shouldn't be allowed to breed.

Gee, for someone with "billions and billions on multiple accounts", you sure whine a lot.
[/hide]

Catching ferrits gives 115 xp.

Useing box trap and meat bait, once ferrit is caught, you get your meat back.

I had 57150 XP then went up to 57265

Use ferrit on rabbit hole to flush the ferrit out.

Have not been able to catch a rabbit yet. (Its hard with laptop touch pad, as they move so fast). So dunno if I need extra equipment other than the ferrit.

Hope that helps the guide.

[pokemama 11/28: thanks for posting details here, it's good. I caught about 12 ferrets and discovered the xp varies slightly; 115, 115, 115, 115, 116. We'll get this info into the guide calc and planner soon.]

member=Iwik.pngmember=Pearls.png

"In the real world as in dreams, nothing is quite what it seems" - The Book of Counted Sorrows

doh...i feel like an idiot..

To catch a white rabbit, you need a rabbit snare bought from the hunting shop at Yanille or Nardah.

Lay the snare in the circle of the rabbit burrows, and then flush the white rabbit out of the burrow using your ferrit.

If a rabbit gets snared, it will give you 144Xp.

Note, you can only snare white rabbits at level 27 after doing the Eagles Peak quest.

"In the real world as in dreams, nothing is quite what it seems" - The Book of Counted Sorrows

I posted this in the crafting guide also:

Hunter Guide- Rabbit Snearing/ Rabbit-foot Necklaces

Crafting a lucky rabbit-foot necklace requires one white rabbits foot caught from using Hunter skill (level 27) and one ball of wool.

You will need a crafting level of 37 and you gain 4 xp per necklace.

I made two to make sure that was right.

Wearing a lucky rabbit-foot necklace while woodcutting greatly improves your chances of obtaining bird's nest.

Heres a image:

luckyrabbitsfoot.png

[pokemama 11/28: arcticrunite says Hunter level 24 is required to wear the amulet/necklace.]

Tips for Rabbit Hunting

Rabbit Hunting works best when you have 3 traps available at a time (lv40+). Set up your snares 2 or 3 spaces away from rabbit holes on one side of the place... Then send your Ferret through a hole ON THE OTHER SIDE. This way, your ferret will likely send it out one of the other 5 holes, but the rabbit won't come towards you, leaving 1 chance that it will miss your traps.

Other things that should be said. For the Eagle Transport system (probably has been said already somewhere else), to clear the Desert spot, you must enter from the outside and push the boulder inwards. To get back into the Jungle Spot, you need a Spar from the Tai Bwo Wannai Trio clean-up mini-game (I used Dense, I don't know if any others will work). There is also a rope spawn at the Snow (and I think Desert) spots as well for you to use.

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

Not sure exactly what this means, so I'm posting it here for one or two comments please?

regarding the new hunting skill, the butterfly net and the noose wand, every attack style there is gives shared exp, meaning if a pure wanted 2 raise his or her hunting and fight something they will be given def exp therefore ruining their account, i just think there should be a warning that no matter what style you use with those 2 weapons you get shared exp.

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

Not sure exactly what this means, so I'm posting it here for one or two comments please?

regarding the new hunting skill, the butterfly net and the noose wand, every attack style there is gives shared exp, meaning if a pure wanted 2 raise his or her hunting and fight something they will be given def exp therefore ruining their account, i just think there should be a warning that no matter what style you use with those 2 weapons you get shared exp.
I think they were talking about attacking with the noose wand and butterfly net themselves. They don't sound like they would be a very good weapon, but they are wieldable, so you can use them. Someone could look into how much xp you get in what skills, I think he was saying it's different than other weapons.

-Runescape Addict --- Seven-time Writer for the Tip.It Times-

"Yes I have tricks in my pocket, I have things up my sleeve. But I am the opposite of a stage magician. He gives you the illusion that has the appearance of truth. I give you truth in the pleasant disguise of illusion." - The Glass Menagerie

DragonkinFF13Sig2copy.jpg

"This game isn't about graphics, it's about fun." - The Great Ortiz 9471

<> Dragon drops: Plateskirt(1), Half Shield(1) <>

i know someone probably got this first but it might be worth it to point out that if you have a higher hunter that the thing you are trying to catch then you catch things a LOT faster.

I was catching red salamanders at lvl 59 and

1) all the slamanders got away all the time and broke my net and

2) they bearly ever decided to step on the net.

At lvl 63 they are swarming around and set off the traps far less

(using no bait no smoking and no cammo)

ps does cammo effect the chances of catching salamanders? it seams to me it doesnt if they arnt in a specified area eg woodland, jungle ect

(playing a card game) oh constaparto i cant go!

(maths teacher) Watch the board while i go through it!

• 3 weeks later...

The price for making a larupia, graahk, kyatt top or bottom is wrong. The price is 150 gp per piece, the headress prices are correct however

deciever2.gif

Dragon Drops: D spear x 2, D skirt, D half-shield, D axe, D 2h

Barrows Rewards: Ahrims hood, Karil's Coif, half key x 6, D med, torags legs, veracs flail

This should probably go in the fishing guide too - in the hunter guide it says Rainbow fish give 110 fishing exp - should only be 80

vlad_the_old.jpeg

Thanks to 4be2jue for the sigs.

Vlad_The_Old.png

There are 10 types of people in the world - those that understand binary and those that don't!

Vlad_the_old.png

• 2 weeks later...

I had read some posts stating that the gloves of silence wear out after a while / certin amount of failed pickpockets. I just used a set of mine, and I was caught 60 times before they ran out. So, I shall be trying this again, and seeing how many times I can get caught before they run out again, I will edit it in once I get it. (This will be after dinner). I hope this helps.

Edit: I just used my second pair of gloves. This time, I counted 63 failed pickpockets before they wore out. But, I leveled to 57 theiving after my 59th failed pickpocket. So, maybe they wear out accourding to level? I don't know, I will continue to theive and use my gloves, and keep you updated after every set wares out. If you don't want / need this information, PM me in game, or on this, and I will not update it.

Edit 2: Just wore out another set. This was also 63 failed attempts. So, I'm thinking that it goes by level. Once I hit 58, I'll see if it is 66 attempts and so on.

[pokemama edit 1/8: We are always DELIGHTED to get this kind of data, please DO continue to post as you use them! Another user got some random variations so we weren't sure where to go with it. Thanks for spending time to analyse this question - I wish we had more users like you!!]

darkmastersmq7.png

Reached my goal of 1500 total! Now, I'm off to train for fire cape :)

• 1 month later...

In the current guide it says this:

"If the bird escapes, you will notice that the perch has fallen to ground level; right click the trap and lay it again."

This is not true. If the bird snare falls down because nothing has landed on it, you can right click to lay the snare while it is on the ground. If a bird lands and trips the snare but is not caught, it will still be standing, and you must dismantle the snare and set it again.

[Ginger Warrior, 29/Jun ~ Reworded to be less ambiguous. Thanks!]

bop_dravian.png

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, so I finally got back to theiving, and once again, I kept count of how many failed pickpockets I got before my gloves wore out. If I counted correctly, it was, again, 63. I leveled to 58 theiving about halfway through, and I might have missed getting caught between multi tasking with homework and thieving. So, I shall try yet again, and edit this post this time, since I figured it'd be best to bump this with a new post so you all know to check it. :) I'll have more information in a bit.

Edit: I just used another set, and again, it was 63 failed pickpockets. Since it appears that it is not 3 for every level, I will continue to count as I level to 59 and 60 etc. and I'll keep you updated on each.

Edit 2: I leveled to level 59 theiving about half way through my gloves wearing out, but again, I got a total of 63 failed pickpockets. So, I believe that might be the max. I will start counting again once I hit 60 theiving.

Edit 3: This will probably my final update. I hit 60 theiving and started counting on a new set of gloves, and, yet again, I got 63 failed pickpockets. So, I believe it depends on levels up until level 57, which then it is a steady 63 each time. *Note* This was all done on Ardy Knights, I don't know if this would affect the outcome in any way.

darkmastersmq7.png

Reached my goal of 1500 total! Now, I'm off to train for fire cape :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.