Chinchompa Analysis

The_Duck

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I'm not high ranged, I had some great fun at the Bandit Camp (wielding Zammy book or unholy symbol). You can arrange them around you so you are hitting up to i guess 10 bandits at a time...maybe more.... Just need a lot of them, and a few pray pots etc...

TTFN

Try my fully-graphical

copper_forum.png

RuneScape Equipment Bonus Calculator

at http://www.copperdragon.org/

i meant to say: 19 is max unpotted un-prayer

i'm hitting constant 24's potted and prayer.

they're basically the same as rune arrows.

Okay that sounds more reasonable. They seem to be rune arrows with slightly more range bonus that attack a small area.

You cannot judge Chinchompas based on "max hit".

If you're in PC, you often have numerous pests stuck in one space. They all get hit. I may be only nickle and diming them for 5-10 hits, but if there's 10-20 of them in the area of effect (and there sometimes are, piled up in front of a portal, held back by brawlers). Once or twice, I got 200 hits per frickin' rat thrown (and I started the day at 64 range).

Several PC games I got 2,000+ points in 3-4 minutes. That's 8K xp. And I wasn't using the chompas the whole time, either. I start out with the old DDP++ specials, whip, and only use the Chinchompas if i come across a really backed up portal.

The XP is insane. Wear ranging armor into PC, keep some chompas handy but play as usually would. And whenever you see that huge pile up in front of a portal, let loose. You'll be amazed at the results.

I gave Jagex a lot of grief over Hunter. I take it all back. The Chinchompas are worth it.

You cannot judge Chinchompas based on "max hit".

If you're in PC, you often have numerous pests stuck in one space. They all get hit. I may be only nickle and diming them for 5-10 hits, but if there's 10-20 of them in the area of effect (and there sometimes are, piled up in front of a portal, held back by brawlers). Once or twice, I got 200 hits per frickin' rat thrown (and I started the day at 64 range).

Several PC games I got 2,000+ points in 3-4 minutes. That's 8K xp. And I wasn't using the chompas the whole time, either. I start out with the old DDP++ specials, whip, and only use the Chinchompas if i come across a really backed up portal.

The XP is insane. Wear ranging armor into PC, keep some chompas handy but play as usually would. And whenever you see that huge pile up in front of a portal, let loose. You'll be amazed at the results.

I gave Jagex a lot of grief over Hunter. I take it all back. The Chinchompas are worth it.

Exactly what i found too. Max hit isnt important at all.. It's the multihit that rules!! I only use chinchompa's on fully blocked portals and had up to 500exp(!!) with 1 explosion.. (94 range and eagle eye prayer)

h_y_j_a_c_k.png

i got 800 of them!

miph4.png

[spoiler=Old info]Quest Point Cape Acheived:14 October 07 4:30pm GMT+10 .

15108th to 99 Firemaking: 2 October 08 8:15pm GMT+10

Barrows Drops: Verac Flail, Verac Plateskirt x3, Guthan helm, Ahrim Robetop,

Karil top, Torag plate, Dharok plate, Dharok axe. 1900+ total lvl

Dragon Drops: 6: Dragon Legs (iron dragon), Dragon Spear(shadow warrior), Dragon Pickaxe(4)

DK Drops: Warrior Ring(2)

Bandos Drops: Tassets

I'm somewhat disappointed with the chinchompas: they seem pretty useless as weapons. They're much slower and much weaker than the magic shortbow, and they require you to adjust the attack style to the distance you are attacking from. The only way they are better than the standard bow is with their area attack, which isn't all that useful.

Sorry to say, but I personally find this conclusion to be far from reality.

I've been training hunter at Red Chinchompas and have recently amassed over 12,000 of them. When I reached 90 hunter I took a short break to test out some of the gear, including red chinchompas. I went into castlewars with about 500 and was extremely impressed with their performace.

With 99 range, range potion, and range prayer, I was hitting 25's on people in barrows. They tear through practically everything and not only hit the target but anyone near them as well. My best string was 24 22 22 on a 124 ancient mage. Moreover, I found adjusting the fuse to be unnecessary, certainly not "required". I left it on short-fuse most of the time and switched to long-fuse when the target was out of range of the short-fuse and I had no problems hitting the target.

They have an attack bonus higher than magic shortbow and with the added bonus from a zammy book, you get a total of 9 more range bonus than you do with magic shortbow. They're more accurate than even obsidian throwing rings, which I've long considered to be the ultimate ranged weapon because of their high damage, accuracy, and speed. I find red chinchompas to be equivalent if not better than obsidian rings.

Nazgul.jpeg

I'd have to agree with Headnazgul

At first i was trying them out in none multicombat areas and wasnt too impressed but when i heard they are splatter dmging weapons then i went to pc. Chinchompas ( or hamster grenades as i like to call them) are extreamly helpful in PC. I would stand at the front of the portal and attack the critters rioght infront of te portal, this constant barrage would always hit the spinners as soon as they spawned allowing the rest of the team to take out the portal. On top of that awsome suport role i was ammasing 1500 to 2000+ points per game and the games only lasted a few minutes( and this was on a mostly 80's and 90s server) with each hamster grenade i tossed i got around 350xp thats majorly fast.

for insanely fast range exp include chinchompas( imagine using cannon plus chinchomps at spiders in wildy or dagonoths ouch!)

LK1

ps i was hitting 19s at level 83 range with prayer black chest\ legs, archer, zam book ,glory, and dark(barrows) gloves

this random comment brought to you today by ADD: ADD, bringing random entertainment to all for generations

I'm somewhat disappointed with the chinchompas: they seem pretty useless as weapons. They're much slower and much weaker than the magic shortbow, and they require you to adjust the attack style to the distance you are attacking from. The only way they are better than the standard bow is with their area attack, which isn't all that useful.

Sorry to say, but I personally find this conclusion to be far from reality.

If chinchompas can hit 25's at 99 range, I should be able to hit 19's or 20's at 79 ranged. In that case they are indeed comparable to the best ranged weapons. However, I haven't seen myself hit higher than a 13, which is why I rated the chinchompas so low (though I have noted their extreme usefulness in Pest Control). Perhaps I've just been very unlucky -- I'll continue to try them out and report my results.

Fire cape achieved on 2nd attempt on October 7, 2006 with 78 ranged, 78 hp, 77 defence, 55 prayer, 91 combat.

Get your training in with the Red Chinchompas while you can.

I have to think that word is going to get out about how awesome these things are in PC, and soon there are going to be loads of people coming to PC just to frag Pests with these things.

As such, it's going to be harder and harder to get those 1, 2 and 3K hit games if there are 5 or 6 people hanging around lobbing rodential ordinance at the Brawlers clogging the portals.

lobbing rodential ordinance

RODENTIAL ORDINANCE.

:lol:

Sorry for the spam, but THATS funny.

A circus in Runescape?? Oh my.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

I'm back, add me if you deleted me. :)

• 1 month later...

chinchompas OWN, ive been getting 99 range in pest control with crystal bows, (96 currently.) i bought 1k of them, and now my new strategy when the world slows abit is ko the portal with cbow, then throw chinchompas at the piled up monsters, and get ALOT of zeal/exp off it. they are well worth the money, and when the ones i have now run out i plan to buy afew more.

People are slowly getting the wind that they're good.

Used to be they sold for 200, if that. But I can now sell them for 350, or I can probably push up to 500 each.

Being a Hunter rocks.

sigbad0xt.jpg

Jack of all trades, master of thieving. 259th to 99 thieving. All stats 75+

I've seen a few people using them for pc

They are especially effective when there is a stack of monsters because (Like barrage and burst spells) they hit everything in a 3x3 square.

If I used them, I would probably use them in PC, even if it was just to use them to their maximum potential (as you get xp per hit you inflict).

~Blue

Trying to get a new sig... Idea's anyone?

• 3 weeks later...

I did some pc lastnight. Last time was 2 months ago(i'm not a fan :oops: ). I had the impression that my chinchompa's didnt hit as much as first (2 months ago for me).. Something changed by Jagex (what wouldnt be strange to me) or just bad luck?

anyone?

h_y_j_a_c_k.png

lobbing rodential ordinance

RODENTIAL ORDINANCE.

:lol:

Sorry for the spam, but THATS funny.

off topic: Leesters is right thats just plain funny *gives PhelimReagh a cookie* thats going to my favorite phrase for a while :-D

on topic: red hamster grenades[Rodential Ordinance] still very effective :)

this random comment brought to you today by ADD: ADD, bringing random entertainment to all for generations