What is the point of hunting really?

X_T_H_X

Well if you think about it, RuneScape is not worth it. Then life is not worth it sence you die eventully...

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Honestly who gives a rats butt if I can transport two items to the bank. Is that all you strive for in this skill? To get 71 hunting so you can do that? Seems a bit pointless to me.

its to have fun

i'v never lv'ed the skill yet myself but lots of people seem to enjoy it

sephiroth.jpg

juanflores1.png

barrows drops-my first ahrims top

Pfft. If you don't like the skill don't train it. There are the people who like it and the people who don't. If you're one of the latter, again, JUST DON'T TRAIN IT! If you're one of those who has to have his skill total up, then as a skiller you should be willing to accept that challenge, even if it isn't somthing you like. Why train firemaking? For fun, as is the case with this skill.

What is the point of standing at a tree chopping it for hundreds of hours?

What is the point of clicking on the same rock over and over for months?

What is the point of sitting in a bank clicking on bows?

What is the point of sitting at a fishing spot doing nothing?

What is the point of running in circles around a monotonous course?

What is the point of clicking on a monster that is so weak that you don't even have to look at the screen when fighting it?

What is the point of making thousands of the same piece of armor?

What is the point of running back and forth from a bank to click on the same altar?

No seriously, what's the point of it all?

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

So you can get a high level and become rich.

To access different areas and increase your regeneration of energy.

What is the point of clicking on a monster that is so weak that you don't even have to look at the screen when fighting it?

What is the point of running back and forth from a bank to click on the same altar?

No seriously, don't you understand?

All I meant by this topic was how is this skill useful or profitable? I honestly haven't tried it yet so I don't know how fun it is, but I've read all about it and it doesn't seem very motivating.

I think there are tons of benefits to hunter. I know theres a topic about it somewhere on the forums but here are some.

- Spotted and spottier capes reduce your weight by a significant amount. This can be used for agility training letting you run longer.

- New gloves makes you stealthier and you get caught less when thieving. I've tried it myself on knights and it works wonders.

- New rabbit's foot ammy helps woodcutters get more bird's nest which can also help with farming or help raise money by selling the seeds.

These are just a few of the benefits of hunting and I'm only talking about the clothing. There are new weapons and a lot of other stuff I'm too lazy to bring up. Anyway, if you don't like the skill, don't level it, but don't try and say bad things about it just because it doesn't suit you.

greatham.png

- Affliction - 100 Combat - 9/15/06

Merchant / Skiller

lolyr0.png

All I meant by this topic was how is this skill useful or profitable? I honestly haven't tried it yet so I don't know how fun it is, but I've read all about it and it doesn't seem very motivating.

Does ANYTHING of that benefit you in real life?

Uula.png

Now, explain..

What is the point of getting high level and becoming rich?

No it doesn't but I don't see how that is relevant to this discussion whatsoever.

And I'm not bagging on the skill as I haven't even tried it yet, I was just wondering if there was anything good about it? I mean at least with slayer you could kill something that dropped something good you know?

I'm curious how u can get rich from a higher prayer lvl.

And not everything in this game is made so you can get rich, that's not the only point of RS. I suggest finding some good friends and have fun doing stupid things. Seems money just ruins everything. In over 3 years i have never had over 10 mil, but did i ever have a problem? No, i enjoyed playing the game and hanging out w/ ppl.

clbqf5.jpg

Dragon drops: D med x3, D Spear x2, Left Half x1, D2h x1

Crawling Hands X4, Cockatrice heads X2, Basilisk head X2, Kurask head X1

Support me in the drop race

I'm curious how u can get rich from a higher prayer lvl.

(pssst..I think he meant runecrafting..) :wink:

No it doesn't but I don't see how that is relevant to this discussion whatsoever.

And I'm not bagging on the skill as I haven't even tried it yet, I was just wondering if there was anything good about it? I mean at least with slayer you could kill something that dropped something good you know?

Then why did you make your question sound like a rant?

Honestly who gives a rats butt if I can transport two items to the bank. Is that all you strive for in this skill? To get 71 hunting so you can do that? Seems a bit pointless to me.

You already answered yourself. If you see there's no benefit from it, don't train it. All benefits from any skills are for the game only, but the FUN in all skills (yes, including firemaking) is what you really are playing this for. If you dont want to train a skill that doesnt make you rich, then don't. IMO it's a great, fun skill, might even keep training till 99.

Uula.png

Well, we first have to decide what you mean by, "What is there to strive for in hunter."

The skills, in general, revolve around combat. Attack, defense, strength, ranged, magic and of course hitpoints. Therefore, I assume that your argument is that hunter does not support combat enough for it to be "useful".

There are some skills that directly support and help combat. Agility recovers run energy faster, runecrafting makes runes for magic, fletching makes bows and arrows for ranged, crafting makes ranged armor, amulets, and jewelry, prayer helps combat, cooking helps cook food to recover hp in combat and herblore creates potions for combat and to boost other skills, and smithing creates armor and weapons. Slayer kinda fits in here like smithing, as you can obtain weapons and armor from it (as well as gold).

Then there are the secondary skills that support the primary skills for combat. These are fishing for cooking food, mining for ores for smithing, farming for herblore, cooking and woodcutting, and woodcutting for fletching (and firemaking). Firemaking technically fits into these secondary skills because it allows the user to cook food anywhere, thus supporting cooking.

So what does that leave us? Construction, theiving, and Hunter. None of these skills really fit into the supporting combat game. But they DO HAVE OTHER USES! That do, indirectly, help combat.

Construction allows the user to teleport to new house locations, teleport to canfis without ancient magicks, use law runes instead of glory charges to use the glory teleports, dual, store certain items and save bank space, get quick prayor exp, save inventory space and switch magic lists around and keep regular teleports with tele tablets and keep enchantments and other spells with the other tablets. Construction, while not directly influencing combat, is still a lot of fun as well. And it's very useful.

Theiving has limited uses. Its first arguable use it to produce direct money, which can then be used to pay other players to raise any other skill. It can also be used to gain certain materials for cooking, crafting, and magic.

Hunter is a bit less useful than construction. But it DOES have uses! You must raise hunter for many of its rewards. Firstly there are the two capes, spotted and spottier. To wear them you need to raise hunter, 66 is required for the spottier cape. That cape allows you to run for much longer, as it subtracts 5 kg from your total weight. Silent gloves, requiring 54 hunter, allow easier pickpocketing and thus easier and more profitable theiving. In addition, 24 theiving is required for the rabbits feet amulet, which gives a higher chance to receive a nest from woodcutting. The nests then are used to help farming. As I said, you MUST raise hunter to even wear these items.

Other items that are gotten by hunter, but do not require levels are salamanders, chinchompas, the hunter crossbow, and butterflies. All of these new weapons are quite interesting, chinchompas provide a new exciting way to train ranged, even if they are a bit tough to obtain, salamanders have proven to be a very effective weapon even for two hands because of their easy diversity. The hunter crossbow is rather powerful, and butterflies are as effective as super potions of their respective herblore counterparts! Overall, the hunter weapons are not useless.

Finally, you underestimate the power of the Imp box. You must get level 71 to use it, and it is useful. By adding the boxes to your inventory and subsequently dropping the boxes after use, you can now obtain three times as many items in one "trip" to whatever you decide to gather. Since there are 28 spaces in the inventory, and if you use an imp for each one, you could drop two imps for your two items, transport those and drop the box, and continue on like that. After all your imps are gone, (They would have transported 56 items) you can still hold another 28 items. THUS, you can now collect a maximum of 84 items without banking, three times as many as 28, the maximum before!

Likely, there won't be a case in which you will have a completely empty 28 inventory except for mining, but even if you only have 20 or 24 spaces, the imp box will allow you to carry three times as many items! Do you understand the possibilities? On the south side of the Karamaja volcano, they are quite easy to catch and I believe they are worth the time.

They can be used for mining in obscure places, drops from monsters that are worth more than alching, barrows, and hey, even magic log cutting!

In conclusion, while hunter seems very detached from the "combat focus" of nearly all the other runescape skills, I believe that it is not only quite supportive of the other skills, but it is worth the time to raise because of these many benefits. Not only are the benefits worth it, but many consider it to be one of the most fun skills to train.