Is F2P Really Better Than P2P??

Fadfdfd

I guess f2p is better for little kids who cant afford 5 dollars a month and wanna post a rediculous claim like this on the forums and get made fun of by people who can afford the pesky 5 dollars a month and have access to thousands of upgrades

$5 A Month

$120 Per 2 Years 8-)

Anyway, I'm not allowed to get members. My mom thinks it's a scam.

1. How could it be a scam? There's like 900,000 members. Don't you think if it was a scam someone would've picked up on it over the course of 5 years?

on topic: If your 13 or over like you should be to play this game, you could easily make $120 over 2 years. I could make $120 in a month if I went really intensive with babysitting.

Parent's maybe don't know that? and how old are you? Are you a parent? if you were, would you send out money and information so your son can have updates on a video game?

Put yourself in the parent's position.

Ok, I'll put myself in the parents position:

Hmmm, my son wants to play this video game.... what? $5? I got that in change in my pocket.

Ya, I'd say that I'd give up $5 a month.

And if you REALLY want p2p, then you come up with a convincing arguement. e.g.

"This is a scam! I'm not giving out my credit number!"

"Mom, there's 900,000 members, it's not a scam."

Hmmmm. With that kind of wit, i should become a lawyer!

If that's the case, then how come everybody who wants members doesn't have it?

Exactly, parents don't wanna put their information out on the internet, especially if it's for some game. and if you buy a year worth of membership, it's 60 bucks. buying members for one month is pretty stupid.

Not everyone has my kind of convincing skills. I can't understand why people wont put a credit number on the internet. well, on an obviously secure site. If you're not allowed to put it on a site, like say best buy.ca, then there's not much hope. That's likely why everyone who wants mebers doesnt have it.

That's different, how many parents know about Jagex compared to how many know about Best Buy. They are gonna trust a big name company, especially if they already shopped it.. if a kid asks for something from Jagex, parents reaction will most likely be, Jagex, what's that? but it will be different if it's best buy..

_00000000000000000000000000.gif

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like some people have said. Yes, F2P is much simpler and easier.

In the sense of better, or fun? I would say P2P takes the cake. P2P has more to offer, and if you have a decent mage level, a single law run could teleport you wherever.

But I like both F2P'ers and P2P'ers equally.

Training my pure!

dddog6.png

I see where you're coming from with the argument that f2p is better because it's much simpler. But the wide array of options in p2p make it way, way better. P2p can be as simple or as complex as you want to be. You don't HAVE to experience every last bit of the content to get your money's worth.

sanday79.png

newsig.png

newbankofrsyq0.gif

going to edge in f2p is slow, in P2P you have Ammy of Glory to teleport

you can't make natures in f2p, you can't make deaths or laws in f2p

mining in p2p is easier (bank in yannile)

fshing in p2p is easier because you a close bank

leveling skills in p2p is easier

I am too lazy to list everything but P2P is way better....

@ xxwitchkingxx

Well, if my parents think that some site is a scam that I know isnt, I basically come at them with the facts, convince them the site isnt a scam, and they let me eventually. if that doesnt work, then your parents are very protective or they went into a shell and shut out all words related to

runescape.com

One strong arguement is the whole 900,000 members thing, another is that if they wanted to scam you bad, they'd have sent a virus into your computer during f2p, made it find any credit numbers on it ( best buy.ca online ordering, future shop.com,ect), steal the numbers, and then they'd have the numbers. thats a little extreme, but still a possibility.

jjroxlu7.jpg

P2P is way better. Alot bigger world, more items, more bank space, more quests, more weapons, more clothing and alot more, and easier, ways to make money.

But I'm still F2P... :?

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

@ xxwitchkingxx

Well, if my parents think that some site is a scam that I know isnt, I basically come at them with the facts, convince them the site isnt a scam, and they let me eventually. if that doesnt work, then your parents are very protective or they went into a shell and shut out all words related to

runescape.com

One strong arguement is the whole 900,000 members thing, another is that if they wanted to scam you bad, they'd have sent a virus into your computer during f2p, made it find any credit numbers on it ( best buy.ca online ordering, future shop.com,ect), steal the numbers, and then they'd have the numbers. thats a little extreme, but still a possibility.

I don't think anybody is getting my point.. I never said you can't convince your parents, all I said is parent's don't know about Jagex, therefore don't trust it. and you say my parent's are protective? Show me once where I said I couldn't get members, I've had it before on classic, and I'm getting it again for Christmas, I even posted about it in another thread. I had to show my mom details about runescape before she made her decision, my whole point was, people don't trust what they don't know, which is why some kids can't get members, and I still stand strong by what I said.

p2p is much more fun then f2p

more quests, stuff, skills, less noobs, ...

and yes, f2p is more challenging then p2p

but remember this: you can make the game as challenging as you like, f2p p2p doesn't matter

krikke321.png

Computers will never be above humans because we made them.

That's what monkeys used to say about us.

I have been f2p for my whole time playing runescape which is about 4 months and let me tell you, The thing that I want most on December 25th is a membership.

And to say F2p is better becuase there is less to do is seems pretty foolish.

Is a demo better than the real game because it's simpler.

You must keep in mind that f2p is not your average "demo".

There is so much you can do even without members.

Granted there is much more you can do in members, it doesn't change the facts.

Some people (like myself) just prefer to keep things simple.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

I have been f2p for my whole time playing runescape which is about 4 months and let me tell you, The thing that I want most on December 25th is a membership.

And to say F2p is better becuase there is less to do is seems pretty foolish.

Is a demo better than the real game because it's simpler.

Yes really i dont think f2p is better in anyway. Besides 5$ is pretty cheap.

I'm not getting P2p for one reason and one reason only:

I'm not done with the so called "Demo"

Maybe I'll pay for the game when I've finished this "Demo" of Runescape.

Rs name: bionicl00 (00 is 2 zeros)

F2P forever! All my F2P stats are currently at or above 30.

Wow... I just scanned it with my new high tech program called "common sense" and it detected a scam.

87.964% of all statistics are made up.

p2p makes it too easy to get certain things, i like going the hard way and working up on f2p. Most of my friends are p2p, and yet i beat them in almost every single f2p skill. F2P for life! 8-)

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

going by what you say, it's not true. With tons of different ways, magic carpets, teleports, quest items, pharoah's sceptre <3: , transport isn't an issue. Items to keep track of however? Yeah, i thought it'd have the same problem...but u don't. AFter a week or so, u get quite used to everything. I like members because everything is availble and there's so much to do. Quitea lot of options.

I think it's funny how people put hundreds of hours into Runescape when they could work a minimum wage job for 12 hours and buy Runescape for almost the whole year. So, why not get p2p? its just 5 dollars. That's less than the price of a movie ticket, and you get 30 days of fun instead of an hour and a half.

lalalasig2.png

I know you now.

Freeplay is better, hands down. I am not a large fan of P2p, but I think with all the added bank space, extra items, more than 3 forges (some very close to anvils...and mines), All sorts of quests to get items to help you, easier prayer, better monsters, more experience in general. All this makes members too easy. It has been said that it's not the end result that you should be proud of, for the journy there yields greater happiness. If freeplay, the "journy" there, the very work involved is undoubtedly greater. Things are not too easy for us, we must walk (or teleport) all over the land just to get our mining and smithing done. we can't save time and do it all at once. We cannot go fish monkfish or shark to kill monsters with, we must rely on swordfish (or more commonly lobsters) we do not have all sorts of fancy spells to do our work for us, we do it by ourselves. You see, we don't have all the shortcuts members have, we don't have any good mage armour, nor any good ranger wear. yet we continue to strive through that, surmounting an even greater obsticle than those that give JaGEx their money because it's too hard.

True, there are more things to do in members, but it's a real challenge sometimes to fit everything in a freeplayers bank. we can take nothing for granted that the members do, yet everything we do we can take for granted because it will never change. We must find ways to keep the redundancy away, somthing many members have quit for, although they get 52 or more updates a year.

and through all this, we prevail, we fight, we fish, we mine, we smith. we do all these things in spite of the ease that can be bought. we do it the hard way, not for the money or experience involved, but for the sheer pleasure that comes from knowing you got to 90 cooking or 90 woodcutting the good old hard way. In a sence I'd rather be forced to do it the hard way than the member's way, because the end result is ever so much more treasured.

note: I'm not saying members are lazy, because there is a depth to the game I will never know, but it is true that many things (almost everything in fact) is much simpler to the average member than it is to the average freeplayer. I will likely make many people very upset with me, but this is -MY- view, and I'm sticking to it, no matter what they say. Unless of course someone makes a good argument, in which case, I may be swayed. If their case is good enough.

There, I think I beat that old dog to death

Love it <3:

Every last member on the planet just got owned.

We F2P DO have to work harder for stuff

75 woodcutting or 99 range or 85 attack is much better in F2P than in P2P

We are the people that can sit for 72 hours killing lesser demons, the people that can take the risk of training in the wildy, because it's our best xp. Sure, F2P is filled with noobs, but that makes us better, because we know the difference between a nonmember noob and a nonmember (non-noob?)

BTW, I'm becoming a member after more than 4 years of f2p on December 9, 2006 :XD:

Knitting. At level 1, you can make fuzzy mittens. At level 50, fuzzy rainbow sweaters. At level 99? Fuzzy pink toe socks.

Oh yeah.

'Scaper since 2002

Both have advantages I think.

Members get easier training, more exp, items, areas etc.

But as non-member we have less option therefore we can focus on the few skill we have without worrying about all the member skills. Which I consider an advantage.

Basically is simpler. :)

Great point. I would also like to add that you can't beat the price for f2p and you still get a quite adquate amount of game material.

You debate. I personally think it is.

It takes about 2-3 minutes to run across the entire map when in p2p (and I'm f2p) it probably would take about 20 minutes.+ (Tell me if I'm right).

Less items to keep track off.

What do you guys think? Could f2p be actually better than p2p!?

If you have no time to dedicate to RuneScape then yea it's better...for you.

- Brandon

Have an empty feeling you can't get rid of?

Visit Here

Saddest Song Ever

Are you kidding me?

Wow...

Most people get p2p if they CAN.

Most people posting here for it CANT.

anyways, if you think it isn't better, like i care, i like p2p because of the options you can, not limited as much as f2p, and its overall more fun, at least for me, i fine f2p very very boring.

((so little places, less places generally mean less things))

If f2p really was better than p2p, oh wait, how the HELL DOES THAT WORK?

FREE TO PLAY IS BETTER THAN PAY TO PLAY?

isn't the point of pay to play is to get better stuff in the game????

oh right.... we don't believe in that :-$

Who cares if members is "too easy", i think it is very fun, and it is actually hard, at points in skills and quests.

You say i had to do more work to get to 99 cooking or whatevr, sure you did, but f2p is supposed to lead people intogetting p2p, it isn't very smart to get 99 cooking, you want to get it asap so you can move onto other things, and with "easier" things, comes more things, and harder things to tackle, our "easy armour" helps us take out "Easy monsters".

Go do it the hard way, i don't care, guess what? If you are happy doing it the hard way and not having mini games and having fun in the wildy and stuff, go do it, but guess what? P2p really owns, and MANY PEOPLE would get members if they could, hence the many.

And... 5 dollars a month isn't a lot to me..... 60 dollars a year isn't a lot compared that i get fun out if it when i am bored and when i am not.

ddaanniiellh, they aren't f2p skills.... they are p2p skills that f2p have access to ;o.

Idealy people go get members when they are around 40-60 combat, and have a basic idea on rs, and almost are experts at f2p, then move into p2p making it easier to transition.

you guys should be thankful, that jagex lets you have f2p FOREVER, and a pretty large part is made available for people who are not playing..

Is harder, better? is it? Well if "easier" is more fun, you go have a hard time, and be pround of what you got, while i get that much faster, and il be happy, and move onto more things.

btw... let your parents rome the runescape website , that let them allow me to get members, i was gona nayways, but be easier if they knew about it.

It is harderfor people who pay with credit card, personnaly, i would NEVER EVER DO THAT, so therefor it is generaly harder for people who live in the other places whihc only allow that

Are you kidding me?

Wow...

Most people get p2p if they CAN.

Most people posting here for it CANT.

anyways, if you think it isn't better, like i care, i like p2p because of the options you can, not limited as much as f2p, and its overall more fun, at least for me, i fine f2p very very boring.

((so little places, less places generally mean less things))

If f2p really was better than p2p, oh wait, how the HELL DOES THAT WORK?

FREE TO PLAY IS BETTER THAN PAY TO PLAY?

isn't the point of pay to play is to get better stuff in the game????

oh right.... we don't believe in that :-$

Who cares if members is "too easy", i think it is very fun, and it is actually hard, at points in skills and quests.

You say i had to do more work to get to 99 cooking or whatevr, sure you did, but f2p is supposed to lead people intogetting p2p, it isn't very smart to get 99 cooking, you want to get it asap so you can move onto other things, and with "easier" things, comes more things, and harder things to tackle, our "easy armour" helps us take out "Easy monsters".

Go do it the hard way, i don't care, guess what? If you are happy doing it the hard way and not having mini games and having fun in the wildy and stuff, go do it, but guess what? P2p really owns, and MANY PEOPLE would get members if they could, hence the many.

And... 5 dollars a month isn't a lot to me..... 60 dollars a year isn't a lot compared that i get fun out if it when i am bored and when i am not.

ddaanniiellh, they aren't f2p skills.... they are p2p skills that f2p have access to ;o.

Idealy people go get members when they are around 40-60 combat, and have a basic idea on rs, and almost are experts at f2p, then move into p2p making it easier to transition.

you guys should be thankful, that jagex lets you have f2p FOREVER, and a pretty large part is made available for people who are not playing..

Is harder, better? is it? Well if "easier" is more fun, you go have a hard time, and be pround of what you got, while i get that much faster, and il be happy, and move onto more things.

btw... let your parents rome the runescape website , that let them allow me to get members, i was gona nayways, but be easier if they knew about it.

It is harderfor people who pay with credit card, personnaly, i would NEVER EVER DO THAT, so therefor it is generaly harder for people who live in the other places whihc only allow that

Bold 1 : Not necessarily right, some people don't want members maybe?

Bold 2 : Easy, not everybody wants all the other items, people don't want to pay for it, people don't want to worry about raising other skills.. You can play a game for free and have fun.

Bold 3 : I wouldn't say, "better stuff" you have more options which CAN be better stuff, some people may not think dragon armour is worth 60 bucks, so it's not that much better than rune which is free, (real money)

hmm, seems like you have never played p2p. I personally like p2p much more, so many more things to do. Pking is funner, skilling is funner, having funw ith friends is even funner. Plus it's only 5 dollars a moanth, a relative bargain compared to other online games.

94 mage 94 range 87 hits 80 defense, all 94 combat, all skill =)

currently (retired?) from runescape, only play on occasion now

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=585887

hmm, seems like you have never played p2p. I personally like p2p much more, so many more things to do. Pking is funner, skilling is funner, having funw ith friends is even funner. Plus it's only 5 dollars a moanth, a relative bargain compared to other online games.

Like I said twice now, I had members before, did I ever say I was speaking from personal point of view? Did I ever say I was speaking from personal experience? No. ALL I'm saying is I can see why people can't get members, or why they don't want members.

For the last time, I like members, I've had members and I am gettnig it again, I think it IS worth it, and I think it IS better, but I am only expressing why I think people don't want it, or can't get it.

Jeez

I agree. F2p is more of a skilling place, where p2p is more fun in my opinion. There are all sorts of things ranging from mini-games to the numerous quests to DKing, KQing, Barrowing, and the new items, POHs, almost weekly updates, and much more. I would prefer members if I could get my parents to agree to pay for it -.-