Nintendo Wii vs. Xbox 360

Arch_Tyrant

Lol at woot.com

Woot Sells PS3? Wii, Wii!

So, hey, check it out: there's this awesome new gaming system that we just can't stop playing. Too bad it's so hard to find in stores ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ we guess they just didn't make enough of them. It's called the Nintendo Wii, and holy mother of Zelda, is it ever a blast. If the Wii is cool with polygamy, we might ask it to marry us.

The controller ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ so easy! No more intricate push-this-twice, pull-that-three-times trickery, just easy waves of the hand. The console ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ so cute! It actually makes our gaming room look better, unlike the bulky, ugly consoles we could mention. How does Nintendo keep the price so low on that thing, anyway? And the games, good Lord, the games! Not to mention those adorable avatars. We've already created virtual versions of the entire staff, so we can beat each other virtually-bloody instead of actually-bloody, like we usually do. The only problem is that none of the nose options are as big as Jason's actual nose. But that's a minor quibble.

In fact, we love the Wii so much, we want to give a Wii to everybody on our payroll. To fund this Wii-for-the-People program, we're selling this Sony PlayStation 3. The SIXAXIS wireless controller is basically the same complicated gazillion-button-style controller you know from past PS models, but at least you won't be fighting Grandma for gaming time. Along with the usual roster of [garden tool]-hum games, the PS3 can play CDs, DVDs, and Blu-Ray discs, and the 20GB hard drive can store music, videos, and music videos. It's certainly, er, rather full-figured, for those of you who want a lot of heft for your money. And its HDMI capabilities give you polygons and frames-per-second out the wazoo, if you prefer that stuff to having fun.

Best of all, for every PS3 you buy, we can buy Wiis for two of our employees. So when you get frustrated by those intricate combo-button moves, or bored by the underwhelming game offerings for the PS3, keep the spirit of the season in mind. Remember all those happy Woot staffers whose lives have been changed by their super-fun Nintendo Wiis, paid for by you. Heartwarming, isn't it?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wiis are cheaper then 360s trust me...and it even comes with a free game.
They werent on black friday or other sale days

That is an utterly pointless point to make. Example: There is a $2000 TV, and a $1500 TV. On Black Friday, the $2000 TV only costs $1000. The $1500 TV was an item that didn't go on sale. So you are telling me that the $2000 TV is cheaper than the $1500 TV, because it was cheaper on just one day of the year?

Over the course of reading posts you make here you went from someone arguing for his side, to being an annoying troll, and now to a complete idiot.

The question started off as

Where can I find these cheaper than Wii 360's?

I answered that by saying they were cheaper on Black Friday and other sale days

You were one of the people on the original Wii topic that just aggervated me so much, you had a lack of knowledge about the subject and wouldnt stop persisting which is what kept me going. After the topic ended one of the people who I had been arguing with apologized and agreed with me that you had no place on that topic along with a few others who didnt belong there

485th person to ever play RuneScape

Blue107- perm banned 10/12/2007. $300 USD reward if you can get me in contact with someone who will take 5 seconds to look at evidence and get my original character unbanned. 

Well' date=' unless you have figured out how to time travel, you still have absolutely no point. You can't find these 'cheaper than Wii' 360s anywhere, because there aren't any.

You were one of the people on the original Wii topic that just aggervated me so much, you had a lack of knowledge about the subject and wouldnt stop persisting which is what kept me going. After the topic ended one of the people who I had been arguing with apologized and agreed with me that you had no place on that topic along with a few others who didnt belong there

Lack of knowledge? What the hell are you talking about? I won't even dignify that with a response, because frankly I have no idea what you are talking about.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Yeah my uncle was shwoing me earlier how Wiis are selling WAY better then PS3s.

on Ebay people are LOSING money selling the ps3s

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

Well' date=' unless you have figured out how to time travel, you still have absolutely no point. You can't find these 'cheaper than Wii' 360s anywhere, because there aren't any.

Lack of knowledge? What the hell are you talking about? I won't even dignify that with a response, because frankly I have no idea what you are talking about.

The day after Christmas many stores will have the Xbox for 199, I was stating that they are sometimes cheaper.

When you say you wont answer my question does that mean you just dont have an answer? I mean on the Wii countdown launch, someone who agreed with you and disagreed with me said you had no place on that thread because of how little you knew about what you were talking about

You, sir are an idiot. I thought most of the people on this forum were intelligent enough to know why saying that the Wii is selling more than the PS3 isnt a valid arguement, aparently I was wrong. THE PS3 HAD 260,000 UNITS AT LAUNCH, THE WII HAD A FEW MILLION! WHICH DO YOU THINK WILL SELL MORE UNITS?:roll:.How are people losing money? because they bought them retail price and are selling them for double the amount?

Blue107- perm banned 10/12/2007. $300 USD reward if you can get me in contact with someone who will take 5 seconds to look at evidence and get my original character unbanned. 

When you say you wont answer my question does that mean you just dont have an answer? I mean on the Wii countdown launch, someone who agreed with you and disagreed with me said you had no place on that thread because of how little you knew about what you were talking about

I still have no idea what you are talking about, looking back on that thread I knew exactly what I was talking about. There is nothing there that is incorrect. All I see in that thread is what I have been seeing in this thread, you acting like everyone else doesn't know what they are talking about.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

You, sir are an idiot. I thought most of the people on this forum were intelligent enough to know why saying that the Wii is selling more than the PS3 isnt a valid arguement, aparently I was wrong. THE PS3 HAD 260,000 UNITS AT LAUNCH, THE WII HAD A FEW MILLION! WHICH DO YOU THINK WILL SELL MORE UNITS?:roll:.How are people losing money? because they bought them retail price and are selling them for double the amount?

No, what im saying is that on Ebay people are having to sell for LESS then the retail price on PS3s!

While, the Wiis are going for about 100 dollars (i think?) more then retail price on EBay.

What im saying was people are returning their PS3s to the store because nobody will bid what they want on Ebay (As seen in some replies on Woot.com) I was not saying that the people who MADE the PS3s are losing money, im saying the "RL merchants" are. They arent going for double the retail price, they are going for a bit lower...

WHen i said "selling way better" i didnt mean more copies from retail. I meant on Ebay people buying because they cant get one from stores, PS3s arent in high demand while Wiis are.

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

I still have no idea what you are talking about, looking back on that thread I knew exactly what I was talking about. There is nothing there that is incorrect. All I see in that thread is what I have been seeing in this thread, you acting like everyone else doesn't know what they are talking about.

No, you really didnt. The person who PMed me was someone I had respect for all through the thread because he was smart and knew what he was talking about, he and 2 others were the only people who ever knew what they were talking about and you werent one of them. When someone you think is supporting you says you had no place on a certain thread then you should take that advice

I've seen core for 199 on black friday evertywhere

The core system blows, srsly, what's the point in getting it, its gimped with no hard drive bundled in.

Anyway, we don't have black friday sales in Australia, which is why I wont be seeing these cheap 360's, but as I said, if it's only the core system which are cheaper than the Wii, why would you even bother with it?

1264cc30.gif

I've seen core for 199 on black friday evertywhere

The core system blows, srsly, what's the point in getting it, its gimped with no hard drive bundled in.

Anyway, we don't have black friday sales in Australia, which is why I wont be seeing these cheap 360's, but as I said, if it's only the core system which are cheaper than the Wii, why would you even bother with it?

Truth. You'd NEVER find a 360 cheaper than a Wii in Australia unless it was damaged, or missing components, etc.

Even in post-christmas sales and such; things like consoles are games are NEVER reduced, at all. Ever. Everything else is, but they're pretty much the same price.

You'll get the occasional 10% off games and such RARELY but even then it'll never pu the price lower than a Wii.

Haha, what a surprise i go into a "which console is best.." thread and see flaming. :P

Well i might as well put across my view.

At this very moment i own an Xbox 360 (i just completed gears of war actually, awesome game.) and i can tell you it's worth the money. It's a lot of fun but you really miss out if you aren't willing to shell out for xbox live!

The games are great, it has a lot of decent titles and more just keep rolling out. A lot of FPSers so if you're a fan it's a wise choice to pick because you wont find better FPS anywhere, combined with the Xbox live and it's great.

A really cool feature i found is the achievements, every game on the 360 has a bunch of achievements that you can unlock by doing things on xbox live! and in game, a good example is GOW, the very last achievement to unlock is to kill over 10k people total on xbox live!

As you can imagine, even once you've completed games doing those achievments will keep you busy and provide a lot of replay value for all your games, it also encourages variety online..a few of the GOW ones was:

"get 100 kills with a chainsaw on xbox live!"

It also has a lot more "get 100 kills with a " so as you can imagine, it wont be people just hugging the most powerful weapon, there's plenty of variety. Unlocking these achievments adds points to your gamer tag which is viewable to all players and sometimes unlocks other things.

I could go on and on about features for the 360..but i feel this is far to long as it is. I'm also buying a Wii later on this year once the hype has died down because i think it's an interesting and fun console on it's own.

If i had to tell you, i'd say buy both. :P But i'd imagine you aren't in a paying full time job like myself so it's really down to which has the games for you, which is more tempting.

Do research into both and decide for yourself. ;)

I owned a 360 for about a month, returned it because it had major issues and mucked up my game discs to the point where the 360 didn't even recognize them. Also my 360 was on the horizontal position and was always untouched so that really peeved me off.

Never tried a Wii but my friends getting one for Christmas, I guess I'll try it out and I'll have my opinion then. It looks like a really cool system thats good for everyone.

360's good and all and i had some fun with it but theres a lot of problems Microsoft seems to leave untouched. The games are really good like i had Ghost Recon and that game was freaking awesome, the graphics amazed me by far. I think I would have kept the system and instead of getting a full refund just traded it in, but I don't have the money to support my gaming hobby anymore, It's way to much these days and I'm close to graduating high school so thats kinda why I quit gaming, just way too much money, I'd much rather spend the money with friends and hanging out having fun and stuff, rather than on games where i can only get enjoyment.

lookrt2.jpg

No, you really didnt. The person who PMed me was someone I had respect for all through the thread because he was smart and knew what he was talking about, he and 2 others were the only people who ever knew what they were talking about and you werent one of them. When someone you think is supporting you says you had no place on a certain thread then you should take that advice

OK, tell me something I didn't know about/was wrong about in that topic.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I sort of get it.

The mom is super nintendo and the dad is nintendo (not sure about that one). The kid is of course gamecube. The gamecubes dying (or irl becoming usless since the Wii plays gamecube games plus it's also a new system and games won't be coming out for gamecube soon anyway). TP for gamecube can be played on gamecube only and is going to prolong the life of the kid ( irl keep people playing the GC a little longer).

Pretty creative comic. I might start reading those.

OK, tell me something I didn't know about/was wrong about in that topic.

The topic is gone now, but I can tell you that your general knowledge of it was very sketchy