knowledge base or Tip.it

dangeresque

I was just wondering do more people use the knowledge base guides, or the tip.it or any other fan site guides....i always use the tip.it guides, but sometimes when something new comes out (like all the new stuff that came out today) i look at the knowledge base because i dont have to wait a day or two until other sites have it up. So, what do ya use...knowledge base or fan sites?

please post :XD:

Tip.it, definitely! The knowledge base is surprisingly unhelpful. I only consult it for new stuff that isn't on tip.it yet. <.<

sounds the same as to wat i do... :^_^:except for the unhelpful part... KB is actually helpful, it has pics and stuff... but the Tip.it's guides r player made, so better! :thumbsup:

i like reading the guides for entertainment :lol:

But overall, I like the KB better in its pictures and the basic skill related information, but Tip.it is better for higher level information and guides for non skill information.

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

I use tip.it mostly. However a lot of the times I come here to look at guides they end up being down. And then I have to go to *cough*runehq. :ohnoes:

Burn him. I'll get the fire started.

I like TIF. KB isn't as helpful.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

Tip.it, definitely! The knowledge base is surprisingly unhelpful. I only consult it for new stuff that isn't on tip.it yet. <.<

My guess would be because there are certain things that Jagex wants us to discover on our own, they don't want to tell us. Whereas here at Tip.it, we reveal all! :wink: :-w

I usually skim the knowledge base when a skill or update is first released. But I always refer to Tip.it after that.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I use tip.it mostly. However a lot of the times I come here to look at guides they end up being down. And then I have to go to *cough*runehq. :ohnoes:

lol I would burn my self to, but when the tip it guidies are down I don't have many other choices.

lol I would burn my self to, but when the tip it guidies are down I don't have many other choices.

Yeah, god forbid you go to another website... :|

Well to be quite honest, the knowledge base gives out the necessary information for quests and for skills. They leave the rest for you to learn... I've seen areas of tip.it guides that haven't been updated when other areas have... (For example, on the ranged skill page, chinchompas were not put on when hunter was put out, and i still haven't seen them on there.)... But, if i'm stuck on a quest, i will use tip.it.

Really, i use whatever resources i can get my hands on, excepting, of course, RuneHQ.

And Tip.it is always my first choice for information. Only if Tip.it doesn't have it will i go somewhere else. ::'

vivi.jpg

Which FF Character Are You?

"The only tyrant i accept in this world is the still voice within." - Mahatma Gandhi

newscapere4.gif

Yeah, god forbid you go to another website... :|

Even Satan forbids that.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

Tip.it FTW 8-) .

Usually after an update is out, i usually race to mine rune, afterwards i just skim through the kb for what the new update is about

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

Tip.it But usually when a player asks me questions, I'd rather refer them to the KB since I know I'd probably get reported if I direct them to a fansite. People report the craziest things (oh and btw, it's not reportable if you direct them to a fansite for "help")

vv05c.png

[brought to you by the Cult of the Sacred Crate]

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS

I rarely use the KB. I tend to only use it if there is something new out that I want to figure out before Tipit does it. Having said that, I was amazed (and pretty impressed) how quickly the interim guide to hunting came out. Also I find that the KB (and RS generally) often loads pretty slowly, so I tend to use the TIF a lot more.

curanir1.png

Best Barrows Chest: guth skirt, dh helm, dh axe, racks, gp (23/08/06); best tt reward: robin, guthix helm, guthix legs, nats, rune legs

Tip.It out of default. But I think lots of newer players will use the Knowledge Base, its good for newly released skills like the Hunting when there wasn't a guide here yet.

017mistymaple0112textis2.png

Thanks Choas for the Avatar and Petry for the sig (You know who you are) :)

Optimistic Elder in Runescape's only cult, The Order of Cabbage.