Those Who Own Cats . . .

Miluion

one of my cats is a ragdoll she is very fat (her breed is supposed to be) very affectonate and scared of everything

my other current cat is a mix breed she is still playfull at the age of 4 likes to climb on everything and annoy me

Your name is "bet you fail", and you're starting a business with your mom? I'm not even going to touch that.....

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have a cat anymore because she died at the age of 19, but I'm thinking of getting another one, a Norwegian Forest Cat to be exact.

So what breed of cats do you own (if you know) and what are their behaviors? Also, if anyone owns a Norwegian Forest Cat, I'd like to know how they act and how affectionate they are. :)

*raises hands*

I used to have one.

pitch black with the typical white patterns. Died at age 11 (hit by a car).

It WAS declawed, front paws (because that happened before laws prohibited it) and our neighbour has pigeons he wouldnt want to loose.

Behaviour:

LAZY. Despite they image you'd have of them being fierce cats and all, they are lazy. It prefered to stay indoors, as close to the heating as possible. It ate alot, and due to its long fur it looked even thicker.

Very sociable being!

Vmser.png

I'm with VOV on this one - anyone who declaws their cat needs to be shot, or at least have their fingers from the last join cut off.

How about this? Your cat has been killing your neighbours - prize winning - pigeons. You either get it declawed or put asleep.

Its not like we WANTED to have them declawed.. (currents cats arent declawed anymore, they cant hunt anything anyway)

Vmser.png

I'm with VOV on this one - anyone who declaws their cat needs to be shot, or at least have their fingers from the last join cut off.

How about this? Your cat has been killing your neighbours - prize winning - pigeons. You either get it declawed or put asleep.

Its not like we WANTED to have them declawed.. (currents cats arent declawed anymore, they cant hunt anything anyway)

Why are prize-winning pigeons in a situation that allows them to be killed? One would think they would be placed in a cage or outdoor enclosure for their own protection.

I know the price. I pay it gladly.

The carelessness of either owner is no reason to have a cat declawed.

I've had a White Norwegian Forest Cat for at least four years now. Found her as a stray...no reason to have them declawed, they're actually very gentle by nature. They're quite intelligent. Overall a very nice breed of cat. I recommend them.

Ah this reminds me of when I went round to a friend's house when I was a bit younger. He had two cats, and if we sat in the armchairs on opposite sides of the room, when the cats walked and tried to rub against your legs the trick was to flick the cat from underneath, across the room and make it land on my friend's lap. :P

It was great fun except once when his mum walked in to see her cat flying midair through the living room. :P

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

I have two cats, brother and sister one is black with green eyes long haired and the other white/cream with blue eyes short haired.

Their mom decided to have kittens in my sisters backyard (my sister is a dog breeder :shock: ) unfortunately the day after this cat had kittens she got run over while crossing the street :(.

My sister was left tending to the litter which actually belonged to her next door neighbor (to whom mom cat a purse siamese belonged). She contacted the neighbor who wanted no part of it 'nor cared that her cat was run over :shock: .

I ended up adopting the runt of the litter (siamese-alley cat mix), well actually he adopted me... I had looked at all the kittens to pick one and really was not sure so I started to pick them all up again and this little guy refused to let go of me, so I figured he must be the one to take home. My sis ended up keeping one of the white kittens and later asked me to take it as she was not doing well with all the dogs around.

The two of them are as opposite in personality as day and night. The female cat is loving and sweet would not harm a fly. The male cat is loving but only toward me...anyone else he chases and hisses and growls at... He has attacked a phone repair guy and my sister on numerous occassions and likes to take a chunk out of me now and then ;).

~Alduron

swordsig16zk.gif

You make it sound so simple..

If the choice comes up: Declaw them or have them killed, with no other option?

What would you go with?

Vmser.png

personally i am coming around to the idea of having a cat, i'd be cruel to have one right now as i have a english springer spanial that literally chases anything that moves. i would be cruel to both dog and cat to get one right now 8-)

Runescape nick : Fat_Slug

Owner of Ears, Scythe and a 10 year veteran cape :D

What would you go with?

Why not put the pigeons to sleep?

A little something in their water/food should do the trick.

Cats are more common pets then pigeons so the pigeon owners responsibility should be to provide accurate protection for his pets. If any gets killed it is their fault and problem.

I like Siamese Cats :P

omg YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3: i had a siamese cat named Smokey, he was the cutest thing ever the in the whole entire universe! except we had to put him to sleep at 18 years old because he was really sick :cry: but he would always come up to me and sit on my lap, and it was so cute <3:<3:<3:<3: i wish i had another siamese cat! they're so soft, but my parents dont want another pet since he shed alot :-# :lol:

What would you go with?

Why not put the pigeons to sleep?

A little something in their water/food should do the trick.

Cats are more common pets then pigeons so the pigeon owners responsibility should be to provide accurate protection for his pets. If any gets killed it is their fault and problem.

Well.. Were not exactly gonna murder all our neighbours pigeons are we?

Besides, theres less people with pigeons but they tend to have a fair few each...

And besides, as far as I know we are responsable if the cat kills a pigeon, and I wouldnt want to pay for them...

Vmser.png

desmonduo1.th.jpg

My cat Desmond (No, I didnt name him). That pics quite old, hes grown alot since then, vertically and horizantly. We got him from a ccat shelter in York, we choose him for his personality. All the other cats we were shown just like rubbed against us or purred and were just catlike. Desmond was the best because the man went to open the cage door, desmond bolted out the door, between the mans legs and towards the second outer door which was shut. He then tried to dig his claws unsucsessfully in the gap. He made us laugh and has a good personality. He still remembers that trick as he can open our livingroom door outwards.

I want a kitten so badly :( But my parents kinda don't want one, no matter how hard i bribe them (They turned down a 2 week holiday and me making my bed for a month :shock:)

...You can't make your own bed?

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

I want a kitten so badly :( But my parents kinda don't want one, no matter how hard i bribe them (They turned down a 2 week holiday and me making my bed for a month :shock:)

...You can't make your own bed?

Course I can, but I'm just too lazy :wink:

Phaper_Plane.png

• 3 weeks later...
i hate cats :evil:

Well why the hell did you post here then? Don't post such spam again.

I have a cat. I don't know its breed. It can be seen on the 'post pictures of your pets' sticky. He's the very definition of 'cool cat', he's so laid back you'd think he was constantly stoned.

Some people are changed by being a moderator. I wouldn't be.

What would you go with?

putting them up for adoption? making ur neighbour take better care of his pidgeons. theyre only pidgeons anyway, u find thousands of them flying about in the street.

putting them up for adoption? making ur neighbour take better care of his pidgeons. theyre only pidgeons anyway, u find thousands of them flying about in the street.

Key words being prize.

Anyways, I think I'd rather have a cat declawed, and ahve the pigeons still alive, then have the cat clawed, and have the pigeons dead.

[Admin Edit: No naming names in a negative light]