Can God Hate?

warri0r45

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Christianity, God is 'all loving,' but I live by that you can't hate without loving. If you loved simply everything, then love wouldn't reeeally exist, because it wouldn't be something special, it would just be a label you give to everyone.

I fail to understand why loving everything makes love any less valuable. I don't see any reason why loving everything makes love less "special." How does this happen?

If you love everything, then love means nothing. It would therefore be just like likeing everything. It's only special when it refers to a few things. Which makes those few things above average, because you love them, or cherish them more.

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

According to Christianity, God is 'all loving,' but I live by that you can't hate without loving. If you loved simply everything, then love wouldn't reeeally exist, because it wouldn't be something special, it would just be a label you give to everyone.

I fail to understand why loving everything makes love any less valuable. I don't see any reason why loving everything makes love less "special." How does this happen?

If you love everything, then love means nothing. It would therefore be just like likeing everything. It's only special when it refers to a few things. Which makes those few things above average, because you love them, or cherish them more.

Since when is love restricted by number? Surely love's essence, what it is, does not change just because you love everything.

Punctuation.gif

"In so far as I am Man I am the chief of creatures. In so far as I am a man I am the chief of sinners." - G.K. Chesterton

He creates all humans. Yet some are born with cancer and other illnesses. #-o

Definitly hate. :uhh:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Since when is love restricted by number? Surely love's essence, what it is, does not change just because you love everything.

But it's not love if you love everything. Because then there is no emotion for hate or like. Which makes love the only emotion, so it is impossible to go beyond the normal emotion which is love in this case.

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

But it's not love if you love everything. Because then there is no emotion for hate or like. Which makes love the only emotion, so it is impossible to go beyond the normal emotion which is love in this case.

If you love everything, then love means everything! Not nothing. It is no less meaningful if it is common. In fact, love is one of the few things which becomes more meaningful, the more it is spread around. To love one person as yourself is to touch that person deeply. To love every person as yourself is to touch all people deeply. Surely that is more meaningful?

And yes, if love is the only emotion, then it is normal, but that doesn't make it not love. As I asked before, since when is love defined as only being for a small number?

Punctuation.gif

"In so far as I am Man I am the chief of creatures. In so far as I am a man I am the chief of sinners." - G.K. Chesterton

Hate the sin, love the sinner

That is the closest to the truth that I've seen in the topic.

Some people don't seem to realize that it is possible to hate some things, and love others. #-o (God can love all of us, but still hate other things.)

He creates all humans. Yet some are born with cancer and other illnesses. #-o

Definitly hate. :uhh:

Not a very good argument. You believe that everyone is entitled to a perfect life? (Not saying that those who have cancer can't still have a blessed life. . .but that's for another topic.)

Bubsa wrote:

Come on, flooding and killing the entire world? Harsh dude.

He only did that because he loves us!

did it ever occur to anyone that god himself is a sinner?

he flodded the world, right?, made the plagues, consequently people were murdured. Surely he knew this, or he wouldnt be god, right?

he murdured people... :-k last time i knew, that is a sin.

u rekon those people who died in the flood went to heaven?

Nick_6464 wrote:

He creates all humans. Yet some are born with cancer and other illnesses.

Definitly hate.

Not a very good argument. You believe that everyone is entitled to a perfect life? (Not saying that those who have cancer can't still have a blessed life. . .but that's for another topic.)

i believe that people are at least entitled to being born without life-altering/threatening illnesses.

If you love everything, then love means everything! Not nothing.

i tend to agree with Victor.

if you already have something and have always had it, then its normal to you. You are used to it.

But if you earn it, build a relationship, go through good times and bad, surely, you can see that this love can stant the test of time and is something more special than just 'normal'.

Triple posting for the lose?

Bubsa wrote:

Come on, flooding and killing the entire world? Harsh dude.

He only did that because he loves us!

did it ever occur to anyone that god himself is a sinner?

he flodded the world, right?, made the plagues, consequently people were murdured. Surely he knew this, or he wouldnt be god, right?

he murdured people... :-k last time i knew, that is a sin.

But what if God has the right to give and take away life, and the wisdom to know when it is appropriate or necessary to do so? If so, He's merely exercising what is within his right; that's not a sin, is it?

Nick_6464 wrote:

He creates all humans. Yet some are born with cancer and other illnesses.

Definitly hate.

i believe that people are at least entitled to being born without life-altering/threatening illnesses.

If everything man has, including his existance, is a gift of God, and is dependent on nothing more than God's mercy (which is a part of Christian belief), then how can man be entitled to anything? A beggar doesn't throw a quarter back at a donor because he thinks he's entitled to a dollar.

If you love everything, then love means everything! Not nothing.

i tend to agree with Victor.

if you already have something and have always had it, then its normal to you. You are used to it.

But if you earn it, build a relationship, go through good times and bad, surely, you can see that this love can stant the test of time and is something more special than just 'normal'.

So why would it not be better if every relationship were like this? Yes, it would be common, but why would that take away from the wonder of such a strong relationship?

Punctuation.gif

Triple posting for the lose?

that was a mistake, shouldve edited previous posts.

But what if God has the right to give and take away life, and the wisdom to know when it is appropriate or necessary to do so? If so, He's merely exercising what is within his right; that's not a sin, is it?

no one has the right to take away life, not even god. if you believe in free will, then not even god has any idea of what a human being is capable of, therefore, no one has the right to take someones life.

If everything man has, including his existance, is a gift of God, and is dependent on nothing more than God's mercy (which is a part of Christian belief), then how can man be entitled to anything? A beggar doesn't throw a quarter back at a donor because he thinks he's entitled to a dollar.

humans bring humans into this world, so we have the right to say what any child is entitled to. human rights ring a bell?

So why would it not be better if every relationship were like this? Yes, it would be common, but why would that take away from the wonder of such a strong relationship?

Sorry mate, just cant agree with you on this one.

The world was only perfect for a short time. When Adam and Eve sinned, an imperfect world began. God is a loving God, but He also judges his creation. God loves every human, but He is the antithesis of sin, which He hates.

he murdured people... Think last time i knew, that is a sin.

The whole reason for the flood was to take the ungodly people from the earth, and Noah, who was a follower of God, was spared from death.

- Np Tyler

The whole reason for the flood was to take the ungodly people from the earth, and Noah, who was a follower of God, was spared from death.

technically by that, if i was a religious psycopath, i could go a religious mass murdering of people of other religions than mine and say "god said its ok, it in the bible."

oh wait... that was the crusades -.-

Megadedhed.jpeg

Sigs made by Runemetsa, Nuzza, Dark_Shadow, Kuroi and Me.

liquid blobs attacking eachother

American Anime... YAY!

I don't really think that was in the bible...It was mostly for profit, granted the Church motivated it and made all crap about crusades. Very corrupt church at the time, still the whole "church" concept is pretty much corrupt in my opinion but it was particularly terrible at the time manipulating lack of education and fearmonging (Now we have a president for that, or rather, the US does)

Basically what I'm trying to get across is... well what Viktor said. If love is the only emotion, it's not special anymore. Can you imagine loving every sport you did? They'd all be the same.

Basically what I'm trying to get across is... well what Viktor said. If love is the only emotion, it's not special anymore. Can you imagine loving every sport you did? They'd all be the same.

Allow me to make a clarification: I'm not talking about loving things, but loving people.

But none of you have answered my question yet: why must love be "special" or unique for it to be love? Love is still love regardless of how many people you love - why does the number of love's objects change its essence? Is one relationship in which you care for another person as yourself any less valuable if you have that same relationship with everyone? If so, why?

Punctuation.gif

But none of you have answered my question yet: why must love be "special" or unique for it to be love?

quite simply, because love is a special thing, you cant just throw it around like confetti.

Quote:

The world was only perfect for a short time. When Adam and Eve sinned, an imperfect world began. God is a loving God, but He also judges his creation. God loves every human, but He is the antithesis of sin, which He hates.

Quote:

see this is the thing i dont get about god, and his choice to create us (if u believe christianity)

he created us in his image, but we sinned, and he punished us for it? that seems mighty hipocritic to me.

its like breeding dogs and kicking the one that isnt the right colour you wanted.. :lol:

but seriously, i just cant understand that.. i welcome anyone to clarify this for me.

Pretty simple question really.

Just assume for a second there is a god, can it hate?

does it have the capacity too?

ideas welcome.

The misconception about God is that he is like a 'grandfather in the sky' type figure. If people would accept him more as just a 'life-giver', and existant in all of nature, people would be much more understanding of what life is about. (kinda like the force :lol: ).

The best thing about my ideas are that they are based purley off of logic. I don't need any book to tell me where I came from. I can reason it out.

Pretty simple question really.

Just assume for a second there is a god, can it hate?

does it have the capacity too?

ideas welcome.

The misconception about God is that he is like a 'grandfather in the sky' type figure.

How can it be a 'misconception' if you haven't seen him personally? I think if he exists, he is a huge guy with a white beard, a staff and a shining white cloak, and angry eyes. Kind of like Zeus, but instead of thunderstorms he prefers throwing down floods when he's angry or bored.

He's probably laughing at my post, but I don't really care. For all I care bring on the plague.

How can it be a 'misconception' if you haven't seen him personally? I think if he exists, he is a huge guy with a white beard, a staff and a shining white cloak, and angry eyes. Kind of like Zeus, but instead of thunderstorms he prefers throwing down floods when he's angry or bored.

:lol:

My understanding...

God loves all, but frowns upon some acts, hence the 10 commandments. Therefore, he loves all, forsakes none, but frowns upon lawbreakers. It isn't true hate, like when you break a parent's rule. A slap on the wrist, but they will come to forgive you.

Those who died in the ancient floods were killed for their acts, rape, adultery, murder, general killing, thieving, and other acts. Those who followed the rules were spared.

Now, we do have many who are sinners, I dare you to find a person who isn't. But most balance these with good acts, or have some good in them. Back in the day, it was widespread with only the sinners (With a few exceptions.)

God condemns the sinners to Hell, but I believe that God is a forgiving, well, being. He would tolerate a small amount of things, but those who do not learn-repent-stop committing these sins will be punished.

God is infallible, but his creations are not. They have the right to make decisions; they are puppets that hold their own strings. But God can cut those strings that belong to the wicked.

Some believe that God created man in his own image. If so, these people believe he has the same traits as his creations. I think that God may have done this, but he does not have hatred.

God even tried to help his children, by sending his own. Jesus was sent to die and therein by repent for all sins and sinners. And humans still sin.

To revert to the top, it is not hatred, just disappointment.

Forgive my spelling, and some incorrect statements. It is my interpretation.

A Protestant Lutheran's opinion.

OhioState.jpg

The GES, the only clan ruled by a Goat.

"How did it start? I mean, did one kid just yell out lets have sex!""