'Behind the Scenes' giving out a little to much information?

Kill_Thomas9

I've noticed recently, more than usual, that the behind the scenes editions are giving out a little more information than usual.

If you look back at the first behind the scenes, waaay back in April of '05, you will notice that they don't tell you 'what' the updates are. They just tell you what they will be 'about'.

Here is the first article: First Behind the Scenes editon

They tell you they will release a new quest, the hardest ever, add birds, new spells and something else south of the shanty pass. Not much on what the updates actually are.

Now if you look at the most recent Behind the Scenes, from this December, you will see what I am talking about:

Latest Behind the Scenes editon

Right off the bat they tell you that the first update will be for the month. Heck, they even tell you what items the update will include!

"featuring composite bows, high level prayer gear and new high quality versions of old favourites, such as glory amulets. We're also going to release heraldic helms to go with your armour and some really rather glorious looking posh and emote-improving gear.

...Third Age items! Items that will be even more difficult to obtain than a Champions Scroll..."

They tell you exactly what the update is, when it will be, how hard it will be, and what the update includes.

Next they tell you they will have new area guides, and what they will be for (ok, well I guess they have to tell you that one)

Then they tell you we will have a new quest. They tell you what it will involve, what kind of quest it will be, and where it will take place.

See what I mean? The behind the scenes seem to be getting less and less cryptic as time goes on. They did the same thing in November, October, September, and so on. And the part of this I hate the most is the fact that they tell you what order the updates will be in for the month

Discuss.

I agree with you. The 'Behind the Scenes' should be more cryptic so that it makes people want the update to happen faster so that they could see what it is. Too bad they're telling us everything now.

halo2sigcj2.png

Thanks Jason321 for the sig!^

Proud to have served the Tip.it Crew

Drops: 2x D Chain, 1x D Legs, 2x D Left Half, 1x D spear, 2x D med (monsters), 5x D Med (Barrows), 4x D Axe, 2x Zerker, Abyssal whip x1, 7x D Boots

Barrows items: 55 (not counting the meds)

I actually think it's kind of nice.

Regardless, a BEHIND the SCENES implies you being able to see things as how they operate and being able to see and know things before they happen. It's pretty much just doing what the name says it is.

And like Mirrorforced said, if you don't want to know, just don't read it!

plzstayokrf4.png

sodb4jz.jpg

Sodb Forum

siggiedxc2.png

Stop thinking. It's Runescape.

Well in all fairness to jagex noobs out number the not-noob people, so the majority always wins right? i think this is why they give out to much info, noob haven't learned that surprises are ruined when your told what they are-.-

Maybe jagex should start listening to the players who've been playing for 2 or so years, nto saying those who haven't been playing for that long can't decide or aren't smart enough but those who have been playing for 2+ years feel like they're being ignored by jagex.

I don't read the behindn the scenes anymore, ever since the summer issues.

Just face the fact like was said above me, jagex listens to newbies now and the opinions of old-timers doesn't matter anymore.

Noobies want all the info they can get so they can ask the ones that actually read the news what the update was all about. Because, by god, we can't assume noobs to read the actual news about the update. That would take too much intelligence :)

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either

a fool or a coward.

Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law

is both.

For a wounded man shall say to his assailant:

"If I live, I will kill you, If I Die, you are forgiven."

Such is the Rule of Honor.

I don't think they are really telling us everything, just a bit more details. Take the Third Age Items bit. In the 4-5 days between announcing in BTS and releasing the Treasure Trails updates, there were countless posts here and on the official forums (and other fansites probably) speculating about them. What they might be, what they would do, etc. The quest in this month's BTS, while they did state the name, didn't really give much more detail about what you would be doing, than any of the older BTS's

Persoanlly I kinda like the extra details. Makes me look forward to the updates even more (not that they had any problem making me look forward to them before \' )

If Jagex ever made a perfect update, there would be players complaining about nothing to complain about.

[hide=My Stats]Jake_Corsair.png[/hide]