Are you QI? Or are you GI?

cadburys_egg

Topic may be confusing for those who have never watched the show QI (Quite Interesting). It's a show dedicated to proving that pretty much all knowledge is incorrect (General Ignorance).

Take the below questions to see how much you truly know:

1. [*:3iksmb4j]How many wives did Henry VIII have?

[*:3iksmb4j]How many nostrils have you got?

[*:3iksmb4j]What's the biggest thing a blue whale can swallow?

[*:3iksmb4j]Where does Chicken Tikka Masala come from?

[*:3iksmb4j]What's the most common material in the world?

[*:3iksmb4j]What is the number of the beast/devil?

[*:3iksmb4j]How many states are in the USA?

[*:3iksmb4j]When was the most recent Ice Age?

[*:3iksmb4j]Who was the first American president?

[*:3iksmb4j]What kind of music charms snakes the most?

Answers are written below is size 1 font to mask any spoilers. Check your answers once you've written them and see how well you did. :)

1. [*:3iksmb4j]2. Or 4 if you're catholic.

[*:3iksmb4j]4.

[*:3iksmb4j]A grapefruit.

[*:3iksmb4j]Glasgow.

[*:3iksmb4j]Perovskite.

[*:3iksmb4j]616.

[*:3iksmb4j]46.

[*:3iksmb4j]We're still in one.

[*:3iksmb4j]Peyton Randolph.

[*:3iksmb4j]None.

Scoring system:

• [*:3iksmb4j]5 Points for a correct answer.

[*:3iksmb4j]-10 for an incorrect answer.

1. [*:3iksmb4j]40 - 50 points.

Well done, you really know your stuff!

[*:3iksmb4j]25 - 35 points.

Very good, you shouldn't really know this!

[*:3iksmb4j]15 - 20 points.

Still a good score, better than average.

[*:3iksmb4j]5 - 10 points.

Could do better, get some real facts.

[*:3iksmb4j]-15 - 0 points.

Come now, what did you get taught?

[*:3iksmb4j]-35 - -20 points.

You should probably go back to school.

[*:3iksmb4j]-100 - -40

Think about sueing your school for teaching you wrong information.

So anyway, do you know your stuff?

knkcopy.jpg

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. How many wives did Henry VIII have?

2. How many nostrils have you got?

3. What's the biggest thing a blue whale can swallow?

4. Where does Chicken Tikka Masala come from?

5. What's the most common material in the world?

6. What is the number of the beast/devil?

7. How many states are in the USA?

8. When was the most recent Ice Age?

9. Who was the first American president?

10. What kind of music charms snakes the most?

1- 6

2 - 2

3- it's tongue? water? dunnoo

4 - India

5 - wool

6 - 666

7 - 50

8 - Still going!

9 - ummm

10 - ????

Edit - .... you do not have four nostrils... seriously... :? :|

-95 points, issy. :D

Edit:

Edit - .... you do not have four nostrils... seriously... :? :|

You have four nostrils. Two you can see, two you can't.

The discovery came from observing how fish breathe. Fish get their oxygen from water. They have two pairs of nostrils, a forward-facing set for letting water in and a pair of 'exhaust pipes' for letting it out again.

If humans evolved from fishes, where did the other pair of nostrils go? The answer is that they migrated back inside the head to become internal nostrils called choannae - greek for 'funnels'. These connect to the throat and are what allow us to breath through our noses.

knkcopy.jpg

I had 46 ::' . According to my school I am ignorant tough, I have allot of general information. But I don't study, ignorance <.< . I'm sick of the constant "your smart" and "study or you won't get a great job later". It would be nice if some older players on the forum could tell me how their grades where, and what their job is now.

I had 46 ::' . According to my school I am ignorant tough, I have allot of general information. But I don't study, ignorance <.< . I'm sick of the constant "your smart" and "study or you won't get a great job later". It would be nice if some older players on the forum could tell me how their grades where, and what their job is now.

Lies. You can't have got 46.

knkcopy.jpg

*loves QI*

watched the marathon back-to-back of season 1 last night on UKG2

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

*loves QI*

watched the marathon back-to-back of season 1 last night on UKG2

CRUD!! I Knew that was on and i forgot to watch it!! :wall: :wall: :wall:

season 1 and 2.. thats the original 4 people isnt it? (+ stephen fry obviously)

Tk5SF.png

I got -95 ::' The only question I got right was about the whale.

My school never actually taught us anything about US history and stuff. I don't think it really matters for us here in the UK <.<

Ultra Unholy,

Hearted Machine...

You have four nostrils. Two you can see, two you can't.

The discovery came from observing how fish breathe. Fish get their oxygen from water. They have two pairs of nostrils, a forward-facing set for letting water in and a pair of 'exhaust pipes' for letting it out again.

If humans evolved from fishes, where did the other pair of nostrils go? The answer is that they migrated back inside the head to become internal nostrils called choannae - greek for 'funnels'. These connect to the throat and are what allow us to breath through our noses.

nostriln one of the two openings at the end of the nose

At the end of the nose.

Uh? There are at least 5 questions wrong, or very, very odd. Since when did the US lose 4 states? Henry XIII had 6 wives according to me and 666 is, in our current civilisation, the number of the devil, not 616.

And if by the term Ice Age we mean a colder period than normal, we are absolutely not in one now. We are at the peak of the opposite:

Vostok-ice-core-petit.png

We are a few degrees above the avg temperature. The graph is from a meteo centre in Russia, where the avg temp throughout the year now is around 0ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâð. In an Ice Age, it is about -8ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâð.

Bill Hicks[/url]":dhj2kan9]Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

heinzny2.jpg

Uh? There are at least 5 questions wrong, or very, very odd. Since when did the US lose 4 states? Henry XIII had 6 wives according to me and 666 is, in our current civilisation, the number of the devil, not 616..

Yeah, I thought there was 50 stars on the US flag for a reason... but I may be wrong about that. And isn't 666 the reason why even was a bit crazy on the 6th June 2006?

Uh? There are at least 5 questions wrong, or very, very odd. Since when did the US lose 4 states? Henry XIII had 6 wives according to me and 666 is, in our current civilisation, the number of the devil, not 616..

Yeah, I thought there was 50 stars on the US flag for a reason... but I may be wrong about that. And isn't 666 the reason why even was a bit crazy on the 6th June 2006?

There definitely are 50 states, but perhaps they count north and south carolina etc as one state. And 666 is, at least to my knowledge, the most common number associated with the devil.

Bill Hicks[/url]":dhj2kan9]Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

heinzny2.jpg

Uh? There are at least 5 questions wrong, or very, very odd. Since when did the US lose 4 states? Henry XIII had 6 wives according to me and 666 is, in our current civilisation, the number of the devil, not 616.

And if by the term Ice Age we mean a colder period than normal, we are absolutely not in one now.

I will try to answer a few of those but i cant remember the exact rewasons for the others...

Kentucky, Virginia, Pennsylvania and Massachusetts are actually commonwealths

One of the marriages was anulled, another considered not legit by the Pope for reasons i cannot recall and the other on some technicality about it not being legal to marry a wido from your own family or something.

616 is the number according to the Oxyrhynchus Papyri

I dont know about the ice age question

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Unless you have actually seen the show you wont understand why you are wrong.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

I hate these topics, they are things that arent true but some technicality makes them true, like the devil thing isnt what it is in the bible, its what some Irenaeus cites believe. Another thing is Henrys wives, he was married 6 times so thats how many wives he had, noone cares about the popes rules here. The president thing is just plain ignorance, if I remember right he was the governor of Virginia...

This might aswell be a religious topic, it all depends on how you look at it

The world would be a whole lot better if little green men in UFO's came down to earth to abduct rednecks.

I hate these topics, they are things that arent true but some technicality makes them true, like the devil thing isnt what it is in the bible, its what some Irenaeus cites believe. Another thing is Henrys wives, he was married 6 times so thats how many wives he had, noone cares about the popes rules here. The president thing is just plain ignorance, if I remember right he was the governor of Virginia...

This might aswell be a religious topic, it all depends on how you look at it

Because I scored so bad, I fully support you ;)

heinzny2.jpg

The only one I got was the first American president one, and that is just because I looked it up. I knew they were looking for the first President of the First Continental Congress when they just specified "America", and not the United States of America. Also the Ice Age question is stupid. As far as I know, an ice age happens every 10,000 years or so. We are currently due for one, but it doesn't look like it started to me.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

And if by the term Ice Age we mean a colder period than normal, we are absolutely not in one now. We are at the peak of the opposite:

We are a few degrees above the avg temperature. The graph is from a meteo centre in Russia, where the avg temp throughout the year now is around 0ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâð. In an Ice Age, it is about -8ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâð.

Nope.

Virginia, Kentucky, Pennsylvania and Massachusetts are officially commonwealths.

Henry VIII's marriage to Anne of Cleeve's was anulled, not divorced. Annulled meaning that it never happened. He also anulled his marriage to Anne Boleyn (just before she was executed) and Catherine Howard. He also deemed his first marriage to Catherine of Aragon to be invalid on the fact a man could not sleep his brother's widow.

In 2005 a new translation of the Book of Revelation clearly shows the number to be 616 not 666.

The term Ice Age is meant when there are polar ice caps present. So techincally, despite being warmer, we are in an Ice Age.

knkcopy.jpg

Nope.

Virginia, Kentucky, Pennsylvania and Massachusetts are officially commonwealths.

Henry VIII's marriage to Anne of Cleeve's was anulled, not divorced. Annulled meaning that it never happened. He also anulled his marriage to Anne Boleyn (just before she was executed) and Catherine Howard. He also deemed his first marriage to Catherine of Aragon to be invalid on the fact a man could not sleep his brother's widow.

In 2005 a new translation of the Book of Revelation clearly shows the number to be 616 not 666.

The term Ice Age is meant when there are polar ice caps present. So techincally, despite being warmer, we are in an Ice Age.

Aren't there always polar caps present? We ARE in the warmest peak of the ice age cycle and still there are pretty immense polar caps. I think your definition is a bit off.

heinzny2.jpg

Aren't there always polar caps present? We ARE in the warmest peak of the ice age cycle and still there are pretty immense polar caps. I think your definition is a bit off.

It's not my definition.

Geographers define an ice age as a period in the Earth's history whemn there are polar ice caps. Our current climate is an 'interglacial' period. This doesn't mean 'between ice ages', it is used to describe the period within an ice age when the ice retreats because of warmer temperatures.

This interglacial period started 10,000 years ago in what we think is the fourth Ice Age.

knkcopy.jpg