@ Construction Guild @ (includes lots of graphics)

Harrington

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like the idea. :D

Maybe it could have some normal and oak (and teak?) trees so that you could chop them down then turn them into planks. Like at the crafting guild you have clay rocks, a wheel, and a kiln - everything you need. Thinking along the lines of that, where you could have the trees, way to turn into planks, so it'll get you through the entire process.

Like the dragons, too. Purple ftw! :thumbsup:

Thanks Yan, trees are definately something I'll add. Going to wait for some more feedback regarding how many and which type would be popular with the majority. I'll update the graphic when I know mroe :)

Harrington, it's time you made some of your own decisions. While its nice you're using democracy, we can't vote on everything! Make some of your decisions, and see how people react!

pouserbarkp4.png

Project Onyx Staff Writer. Stories, articles, and opinions, oh my!

Harrington, it's time you made some of your own decisions. While its nice you're using democracy, we can't vote on everything! Make some of your decisions, and see how people react!

Agreed, but I like to test the water first. The graphics are a lot of work, and don't want to do them for nothing. :)

Harrington.gif

stupid guild... why do you want new dragons?? why in a skill guild...

and there is no room for a guild south of ardy...

Why do we want new dragons?... read the entire suggestion dude and you'll see.

Why in a guild?... because it's related.

No room for a guild south of Ardy?... eh, the graphic clearly illustrates that there is.

it didnt sad "why" new dragons... the dragons dont add anything extra to cons beside cheaper marmble, gold leaves etc. there is no more room south there, cuz there is already: a fight arena, a clock tower, and a house with monks that like partys...

and the guild doesnt add special things to cons... beside a log cutting table...

also... now way that theyll release better range gear then 3rd age within a year... (and then it needs to be harder to get then it, like harder barrow...)

any new island is fine to place a guild like this on... with a quest to get there, new caves blablabla.. (and the dragons in a cave under it, also too many dragons and the drop rate of marmble etc is way too high...)

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

i support, although there isnt room south of argdoune... maybe you could try near lumbridge, in the swamp or the forest?

He has a picture of there being enough room...

"A time comes when silence is betrayal" MLKJ

Speak your mind, but be civil.

Get mad, but do not rage.

Do unto others as you would want done to yourself.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Follow the doughnut to my blog! :D

hmmm good idea, i support. well thought out and the pictures, while not monet or bank update quality, get the point across. also the rarity of marble and gold leaf drops would make it good to keep the cost of those supplies from crashing.

well i'm just thinking since its a construction guild why are there dragon's there?

they have nothing to do with construction.

One of my main motivations behind making a construction guild was that I wanted a monster that dropped construction materials (and thought the new hides would be nice too).

So I went with dragons... hence, the reason they are in the guild. Quite vaild I think.

Anyway thanks to all the support/suggestions/gripes/deaththreats etc... I will continue to update and evolve the thread :)

Harrington.gif

Hmm, it seems alright, except first of all it would be a little early for this, mainly because they havent even made a slayer, farming, or runecrafting guild yet. Also, I think your own house is already kind of like a guild, as it has many things you could make in there. Overall though, I think the idea isnt bad though.

Slayer Guild - Slayer Tower basically

Farming Guild - They do need one.

Runecrafting - Pretty much the Abyss right?

OnTopic: I agree! We need a construction guild!

am i right?

ON TOPIC: sounds like al right idea.

truevamopcopynh4.gif

When I Have It, It's the World's. When I Don't Have It, The World Is Mine.

I think instead of dragons, you should have Ents. They would drop planks and other building supplies. Dragons have nothing to do with construction!

They do now lol

With the drops coming from dragons, you created yourself a new problem. Half the people commenting in this topic, talk about the new dragonhide, not the construction guild. It would make more sense to me if the gold leaf and marble blocks (or the raw materials for it) came from gold elementals and marble elementals, much like the earth elementals dropping elemental ores. You could have them drop the finished product or a raw material that can be converted by the stonemason in Keldagrim or the guild. If you go with the finished product the drop rate needs to be low, if you choose the raw material you could make it drop more often, but make the stonemason charge you up to half the regular price to convert it.

About the location, I'm not entirely sure, but aren't there a bush patch, a quest related NPC and some of those quest related valves right where you put the guild?

paintdry6yn.png

forceny5.png

Haven't played RuneScape since 12 january 2007 and it feels great :)

I think instead of dragons, you should have Ents. They would drop planks and other building supplies. Dragons have nothing to do with construction!

They do now lol

With the drops coming from dragons, you created yourself a new problem. Half the people commenting in this topic, talk about the new dragonhide, not the construction guild. It would make more sense to me if the gold leaf and marble blocks (or the raw materials for it) came from gold elementals and marble elementals, much like the earth elementals dropping elemental ores. You could have them drop the finished product or a raw material that can be converted by the stonemason in Keldagrim or the guild. If you go with the finished product the drop rate needs to be low, if you choose the raw material you could make it drop more often, but make the stonemason charge you up to half the regular price to convert it.

About the location, I'm not entirely sure, but aren't there a bush patch, a quest related NPC and some of those quest related valves right where you put the guild?

I will consider other monsters for the marble drops and maybe create a seperate suggestion for the hides.

As for the location... I'm looking for suggestions :)

Harrington.gif

it was originally 2 suggestions and a favour but cos i love this thread so much i keep thinking of new things so its now 4 suggestions and a favour...

1) tablesaw should be construction xp, like 20 or 30xp per plank

2) it would be awesome if you could get purple/gold dragonheads to go in your skill hall, maybe you need a head from each one to put them on your wall :)

3) don't have a dragon, dragon's are unoriginal, no offence, try something else

4) the dragonhides shouldnt be any better than black dragonhide, they should just look better <3: and distinguish the people who have made it to 60 con but only letting people who have 60+ con wear it

favour: any chance you could make a orange or flourescent orange dragon/whatever and send me a pic? :pray: :thumbsup: :mrgreen:

W00T for harrington :thumbsup:

p.s maybe a room limit increase?

three suggestions and a favour...

1) tablesaw should be construction xp, like 20 or 30xp per plank

2) it would be awesome if you could get purple/gold dragonheads to go in your skill hall, maybe you need a head from each one to put them on your wall :)

3) don't have a dragon, dragon's are unoriginal, no offence, try something else

favour: any chance you could make a orange or flourescent orange dragon/whatever and send me a pic? :pray: :thumbsup: :mrgreen:

Thanks Adon...

1. Unlike the sawmill, using the tablesaw does earn you experience. I've detailed this on the accompanying chart.

2. Dragon heads is a great idea... it's definately something I will consider adding to the drop list and creating a graphic for.

3. As for not using dragons, I'm just not sure what else to use. It's an expensive drop gold leaf and marble, so I want high level monsters. Dragon just seemed like a good idea and thought I'd kill two birds with one stone with the new hides.

Harrington.gif

I totally support, I have only 50 const tho, send this to jagex please! :D

barrowsmsanta,Saukko93.gif

Barrows drops: 17 - Ahrims staff x 2, Guthans platebody x 2, Dharoks greataxe, Dharoks platelegs, Karils leathercoif x 2, Veracs flail, Ahrims robeskirt x 3, Guthans warspear, Karils leatherskirt, Karils leathertop, Torags hammers x2