Immortality

Faux

You can't die at all no matter what you do, or what happens to you. Immune to anything.

Immortality is the subject of many stories. Usually, it's the antagonist searching for it. And usually, the antagonist fails.

If you were offered immortality, would you take it? Would you be willing to go through eternity knowing you'll never have that final rest? That everyone you once love or know will cease to exist while you go on?

That's the thing that often bothers me. I've always found immortality worthless. Long age, I'm fine with, but eternal life? No thanks. I can count the reasons why I want to live in one hand - and none of them will exist forever.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing i'd much prefer over immortality would be a pause button. Namely to read this massive stack of books runescape has delayed. For two years.

What could is immortality if the world moves faster then you? Not really my point to bother people, but what i mean to say is immortality isn't too useful if you can't keep up with the time that goes by.

I dont know... I think i might...

I've thought out many things this year so far (school year) and have come to the conclusion: People do bad stuff out of the fear of their future death.

Edit: WTH? I meant to quite, and not post this... guess ill post it anyways...

If i had forever to live... id give a little more back to the world. Since i dont have forever, i try and use my time preciously.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Eventually it could result in eternal torment a life floating around in nothingness, but by then hopefully I would of gone completely insane so it would not matter.

So yes I would accept Immortality. There is so much time, so many places to see and experiences to enjoy. I would grow bored given time but I feel it is more worthwhile to spend eternity living then a eternity dead.

Now if I could choose imortality with an option to simply "self destruct" so to speak whenever I wanted, I'd do that. I would love to see what the future is like...

Agreed.

crim2ma.jpg

~^v^~Ex-Leader of the Divine Flames of Redemption~^v^~

I would never take it.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Immune to anything guys. There's no middle way

In that case I think I Would take it. The reason being is eventualy we will have better and better space ships, better technology and eventualy would be able to go to distant places. There are a ton of things to do in life, IMO, and I think I would take it.

Yeah, I'd never get "peace" but I think the good would out weigh the bad...

Immortality isn't immunity, it's just that you don't die. You could still get sick/lose a limb/become braindead and still be alive.

No I wouldn't take it, even if it were impossible to anything to happen to me. I'd prefer to just die between 60-80

Immortality isn't immunity, it's just that you don't die. You could still get sick/lose a limb/become braindead and still be alive.

No I wouldn't take it, even if it were impossible to anything to happen to me. I'd prefer to just die between 60-80

Now we have to define Immortaltity. Ive always known it to be that one can only die through being killed. Sickness does not affect you.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Now we have to define Immortaltity. Ive always known it to be that one can only die through being killed. Sickness does not affect you.

No we don't. I already defined it. We're talking about immortality with full immunity. You.cannot.die.

Yes, but why wouldn't sickness affect you? That's a misconception. AFAIK there are no rules to immortality other than not dying, people seem to get the idea that you're a god once you've become immortal, but imortal != impenetreble or immaulalbe or anything along those lines.

Immune to anything is too broad. According to that statement a person could strap onto the back of a rocket and blast into space, no burns, no feeling of lightheadedness from thin air, no lack of pressure on the body to be felt. The person could weigh themselves down and sink to the bottom of the ocean without threat of pain. However, on the flipside of this the person wouldn't be able to feel if they got touched, they wouldn't be able to get a tan or smell the shampoo of a girl. There is an upside and a downside to everything.

There's no way I'd take it. Imagine if you ended up being sentenced to life in prison for something.. That would be a horrible way to spend eternity.. I think I'll keep my free pass to the world beyond ;)

ah, but if you didn't have to worry about getting killed, it wouldn't be too hard to escape...

As for me, I would do it. It would be pretty awesome. You would get to watch all the different generations of people and the rise and fall of civilizations. It would be very interesting. It would be like living through history. And think of all the help you would be able to give to the young people once you are like 1,000. You would pretty much know about everything and could really make an impact on civilization.