Immortality

Faux

That isn't the point of the thread dude.

People should have a clear idea of what they're getting into before they agree to anything.

I figure by immune he means you are like the Terminator, and pretty much nothing can destroy you or hurt you.

if not, then I take back my last post :lol:

...well but still maybe not. Cause eventually science will advance so far to cure you in time of whatever sickness/injury you may get.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That isn't the point of the thread dude.

People should have a clear idea of what they're getting into before they agree to anything.

It's common sense dude. You cannot die from anything. You can't suffer from any physical pain.

I took your statement and followed it down it's path, you didn't list any exceptions ;)

I've always saw immortality and full immunity going along with each other. This does mean you can check out the bottom of the sea, but how are you going to get there? We could go on forever about these different scenarios.

I would prefer the ability to look forward into time instead. I'm really just curious to see what's going to happen to the human race instead. I don't want to outlive my kids. If I had to choose though I would just take the normal lifespan.

In Shadowfax's offering, I wouldn't. It'll get boring one day and I'll want to end it all but cant.

Now if we could be immune to anything cept myself, then I'll take it. I'll hang myself when the world gets too boring.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

One thing i'd much prefer over immortality would be a pause button. Namely to read this massive stack of books runescape has delayed. For two years.

What could is immortality if the world moves faster then you? Take a look at god, it screwed him over ;) [Not really my point to bother people, but what i mean to say is immortality isn't too useful if you can't keep up with the time that goes by]

Pause button would be much better. Living till the sun blows up the earth and continually floating in space isn't my idea of fun.

Eventually it could result in eternal torment a life floating around in nothingness, but by then hopefully I would of gone completely insane so it would not matter.

So yes I would accept Immortality. There is so much time, so many places to see and experiences to enjoy. I would grow bored given time but I feel it is more worthwhile to spend eternity living then a eternity dead.

True, eventually things would grow old and such.

Assuming that there's no heaven ( :uhh: ), yeah i'd take it. They'd be so many things that I could do without fear of dying, and I could amass so much knowledge.

Would my body change and grow old?

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

Assuming that there's no heaven ( :uhh: ), yeah i'd take it. They'd be so many things that I could do without fear of dying, and I could amass so much knowledge.

Would my body change and grow old?

Since you're immune to almost everything, then I guess you wouldn't.

So promising and yet so sad...

I personally wouldn't. What I would prefer is to get in one of those cryogenic freezing machines and see various parts of the future. Then I would like to die normally.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Quite possibly.

It'd be nice to see how the future gets on, what new things will be invented, where we will populate...

But assuming that the Sun were to supernova and wipe out the entire solar system, would we be forever drifting through space?

I'd figure we'd be able to come up with technology by then to move to other planets ;p.

id take it under a few conditions. number one... I wont age and my mind will only continue to increase in its potential i.e. no senility.

2: id have to stay healthy and not have all the aches and pains I do now from my misrable existance. that said I would be saddend by the loss of those I cared for but in time I would make an undying Empire to rule. how could one grow board ruleing the human race as an Emperor? I suppose in a few million years I might eventuly go insane from it all but thats the price that must be paid for such a gift.

Clan Moderator from December 15th 2006- August 20th 2007

Founder of: Terran Gamers, formerly known as Militos Deci

No way. Imagine out living your children, your grandchildren, everyone around you family, friends all dying around you. No thanks!

You've got all eternity to get over it. I don't think you'd stilll be mourning them after a few thousand years.

And after reading more posts on here, I must say that I've got another condition. If I end whenever the world ends (or universe as we will probably colonize space eventually), then I also end. I don't want to live post-apocalyptically. Unless I like get transported to some alien planet. That might be kinda cool.

Actually, you know what? I don't want the extra 100 years either. The world's going to the dogs.

Just saw the Presidential Address, aye? :lol:

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

Quite possibly.

It'd be nice to see how the future gets on, what new things will be invented, where we will populate...

But assuming that the Sun were to supernova and wipe out the entire solar system, would we be forever drifting through space?

We'll be dead before that. The sun could stretch out to Mars or further when it becomes a red giant or a super red giant.

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.