Iban Blast

Joey2cool

No tracker of how many uses. Plain and simple. The fear that it could go out at any time is too much for most people. Non auto castable is also a big minus.

150 uses against monsters and 75 against players is also a bit too few. I do use my iban for pking though. It hits more consistantly and higher than god spells.

I can also get 2 barrows trips out of 1 charge on my iban, and I use it frequently there as well. I just wish it was auto castable.

god spells are better... i can cast charge when i drink a pot... its better in quests and pvp :wink:

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

No tracker of how many uses. Plain and simple. The fear that it could go out at any time is too much for most people. Non auto castable is also a big minus.

you know you can right click it and click check and see how many charges u have left...

newscapere4.gif

I lost my iban staff a few days ago. :oops: Is there a way to get it back? Never tried the spell though, may do so if i get the staff back

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

I don't use mine it because I hate the fact that you cannot autocast it. Plus I am too lazy to go and recharge the staff as often as it would break if I used it regularly.

Meridithila.png

Meridithila.png

The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are the FBI.

First Dragon Drop 5/6/2006 -Dragon Med from Bronze Dragon :D

First Barrows Item From Chest 2/20/2007 - Verac's Brassard :D

No way to tell when it'll un-charge

Too far away to recharge

Not really strong

Underground Path is hard to complete?

actually u can see how many charges it has , and iban is very useful for barrows <3:

No way to tell when it'll un-charge

Too far away to recharge

Not really strong

Underground Path is hard to complete?

That was updated a while ago, I was surprised to see that I had 120 charges left even though I had emptied it out and recharged it a couple of times already. I thought you could only get 30-40 charges after the first time.

paintdry6yn.png

forceny5.png

Haven't played RuneScape since 12 january 2007 and it feels great :)

God staves have no auto cast too, but I see them used a way lot more then iban blast.

I don't use mine too, probably because it's too far to recharge and I also have a better use for my deaths. If I have too much I just some them in a turoth (and later kurask) taks.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

Not really strong

Whoa. This spell hits hard and often. It blows away all modern mage spells until you can charge god spells.

god spells are better... i can cast charge when i drink a pot... its better in quests and pvp :wink:

Dude, again way way off here. Iban hits up to 25 from mage level 50. You can cast the god spells from level 60, but they max out at 20! You can`t hit a 30 until you can cast the charge spell at level 80, so Iban blast beats all of the god spells from level 50 to level 80. That is not an insignificant period.

you know you can right click it and click check and see how many charges u have left...

No way... *goes off to left click* I am sure that came along in a recent update.

I lost my iban staff a few days ago. :oops: Is there a way to get it back? Never tried the spell though, may do so if i get the staff back

Kill Zammy mages and they will drop a broken Iban staff. This can be repaired in East Ardo for 200k.

...and even if you've done mep1 and have a teleport crystal etc you still have to walk a long way to recharge it. try and find something wrong with that kama

you can't beat pure laziness :-w

I wasn`t trying to find fault with everyone there, just reset some common mis-conceptions about my favorite trusty old Iban Blast. Yes it is a bit far to recharge, but I (and most people I know) are happy to do it.

Besides all of the lazy guys I know are rangers.

Dude, again way way off here. Iban hits up to 25 from mage level 50. You can cast the god spells from level 60, but they max out at 20! You can`t hit a 30 until you can cast the charge spell at level 80, so Iban blast beats all of the god spells from level 50 to level 80. That is not an insignificant period.

thus, thats why he said charge...i mean, its nice for low level mages i guess, but its effectiveness runs out when u get higher mage. And most lower levels mages are typically are less poor, yes thats true. Poorer people can't aford to pay 200k after a few casts...i'd say its a big waste of cash, you can get more "bang for your buck" if you just purchase a few deaths for fire wave. Pvp wise its awful also, people run, iban=no autocast... :XD:

Not really strong

Whoa. This spell hits hard and often. It blows away all modern mage spells until you can charge god spells.

No way... *goes off to left click* I am sure that came along in a recent update.

Kill Zammy mages and they will drop a broken Iban staff. This can be repaired in East Ardo for 200k.

I may be wrong, But I believe you can hit 25's with No Charge and The God Cape, I may be wrong, Though

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

I may be wrong, But I believe you can hit 25's with No Charge and The God Cape, I may be wrong, Though

Your correct i think, i think i max 21 with no charge or cape, 25 without charge with cape, 27 with charge without cape, and 30 with cape and charge.

thus, thats why he said charge...i mean, its nice for low level mages i guess, but its effectiveness runs out when u get higher mage. And most lower levels mages are typically are less poor, yes thats true. Poorer people can't aford to pay 200k after a few casts...i'd say its a big waste of cash

Great leap in logic there man. Low level are less poor. Higher levels are more poor?

Please man, don't post on a thread you not absolutely nothing about. Nowhere did I say that it takes 200k to charge a staff. It is 200k to get a new one, but charging the staff is free. Kind of makes it obvious that you have never done it.

...you can get more "bang for your buck" if you just purchase a few deaths for fire wave.

Dude...Do you mage at all? Fire wave does not use deaths!! Tip.it has a very in depth mage guide, try getting at least one fast straight before posting. I included 'Bang for buck' calcs at the bottom for ya.

...Pvp wise its awful also, people run, iban=no autocast... :XD:

The god spells aren't autocastable either! (well, unless you have the Void Knight Mace).

Your correct i think, i think i max 21 with no charge or cape, 25 without charge with cape, 27 with charge without cape, and 30 with cape and charge.

Yep you are both wrong.

RS KB Battle Spells Page

Iban Blast costs less and gives more xp per cast than the god spells.

Iban:

Base - 42.5, can hit for up to 25

For a full hit: 92.5 XP

Cost per cast: 400gp.

Average hit: 14 for 70.5 xp

Cost per xp: 5.67

God Spell (lvl 60-80):

Base - 35, can hit 20

For a full hit: 75

Cost per cast: 1,320gp.

Average hit: 11.5 for 58 xp

Cost per xp: 22.75

God Spell (with charge)

Base - 35, can hit 30

For a full hit: 95

Cost Per cast: 1,320 (but charge spell costs 1,920)

Average hit: 17.25 for 69.5xp **

Cost per xp: 20.4

I estimaged the ave hit for the charged spell because I can't do it and have no data for it, but I took my average hit from the uncharged and used the same percentage out of 30 as I was hitting out of 20. The cost per xp is also based n 20 hits per charge.

thus, thats why he said charge...i mean, its nice for low level mages i guess, but its effectiveness runs out when u get higher mage. And most lower levels mages are typically are less poor, yes thats true. Poorer people can't aford to pay 200k after a few casts...i'd say its a big waste of cash

Great leap in logic there man. Low level are less poor. Higher levels are more poor?

Please man, don't post on a thread you not absolutely nothing about. Nowhere did I say that it takes 200k to charge a staff. It is 200k to get a new one, but charging the staff is free. Kind of makes it obvious that you have never done it.

...you can get more "bang for your buck" if you just purchase a few deaths for fire wave.

Dude...Do you mage at all? Fire wave does not use deaths!! Tip.it has a very in depth mage guide, try getting at least one fast straight before posting. I included 'Bang for buck' calcs at the bottom for ya.

The god spells aren't autocastable either! (well, unless you have the Void Knight Mace).

Yep you are both wrong.

RS KB Battle Spells Page

Iban:

God Spell (lvl 60-80):

Base - 35, can hit 20

God Spell (with charge)

Base - 35, can hit 30

I estimaged the ave hit for the charged spell because I can't do it and have no data for it, but I took my average hit from the uncharged and used the same percentage out of 30 as I was hitting out of 20. The cost per xp is also based n 20 hits per charge.

How am I wrong...?

I said 20 is the Max with no Cape

25 With Just the Cape

30 with Cape and Charge

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

How am I wrong...?

I said 20 is the Max with no Cape

25 With Just the Cape

30 with Cape and Charge

The max is 20 until you can charge. Was I unclear in my earlier post? I would be happy to entertain any screenies of a mage under 75 (You can pot to 80 from 75) who hits over 20, but you won't find one.

The cape does not increase the max hit of the spell.

firstly- its max hit is low, the 5 damage may seem little but in the wilderness(where it would most probobly be used) it is way too low.

secondly the recharges, 75 spells is a joke.

third- no special effects- like the god spell effects and ice spell effect, this spell has none.

useless.(unless your a low level not pking.)

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Yep you are both wrong.

RS KB Battle Spells Page

Iban:

God Spell (lvl 60-80):

Base - 35, can hit 20

God Spell (with charge)

Base - 35, can hit 30

A simple word of respect. You are pretty good at figuring and comparing things. You mind taking a look at my post: Challenges vs. Autoers.

OnTOPIC: Iban staff has it's pros and his cons, but all together. Why did nobody call: DESERT TREASURE ANCIENT MAGIC!!!!!

Suprisingly, they DO autocast, are more expensive, but have side effects.. better spells in my opinion.

Are you comparing iban staff to god staffs.. iban staff wins in the overal round. If you compare any spell to ancient magic.. well.. just don't, as ancient magic is pretty strong!

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg