What's the Best Book you've Ever Read?

The Bronze Horseman, by Paullina Simons.

I picked up this novel a couple of years ago when I was going through my 'historical' phase. For those mature enough to read it, it's a captivating read. The first book in a trilogy (TBH, Tatiana & Alexander / Bridge to Holy Cross, The Summer Garden), it captures the life of Tatiana Metanova, a young girl caught in the chaos of World War II in the Soviet Union town of Leningrad. She falls in love with a Soviet soldier, Alexander, who is actually dating her sister. Hmm.

Essentially: the book follows two lines: Tatiana's struggling love for Alexander, and also her own physical struggle to survive. The city of Leningrad was blockaded for.. Forgotten the precise number - nearly 900 days, from memory. Anyone interested in World War II Soviet Union, or who's into a bit of a romantic read should definitely give this novel a go.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm have any of yous read any of Gary Paulsen's books i like every single one and ive read every book he has out, my favorite ,Hatchet , some other of my favorite books include Old Yeller ,Where the Red Fern Grows,Romeo and Juliet also any of Will Hobbs books

452436.jpg

In the time of peace prepare for war-General Patton

Dsk805 lvl 139 6* mage

Blink182lover lvl 100 7* mage

Founder and Current clan leader of: PunkRock Lovers(rank#4)

Ender's Game : Orson Scott Card

If you haven't read this (or other books in the series), read them now !!!!

Back by popular demand!

And I guess I just wanted to tell you, as the light starts to fade, that you aree the reason, that I am not afraid, and I guess I just wanted to mention, as the heavens will fall, that we will be together soon if we will be anything at all.

Guest AshKaYu
To Kill A Mockingbird

Zombie Survival Guide :D

Pet Semetary

Transall Saga

... and some more I can't think of on the spot. :?

Who's that by?

I can't stand them lol. :P

Yeah, it's definitely not for everyone. But I got hooked on when I got the feeling of how vast the Middle Earth is or how rich the history Tolkien made it to be.

Talking of Middle Earth... I loved the Middle Earth series by Paul Stewart and Chris Riddell. It's almost childish, but it's so much fun to read.

I don't like the tolkiens books. it bores me to death in the first page or chapter. My friend told me that it gets better at the end, and I tried I read 8 chapters of the books but they where so freakin boring! the opposite of gripping.

"I am free of all prejudices. I hate every one equally." -W. C. Fields

Not regularly, anyway. The best ones I have read have generally been when I've been on holiday. My favourites are The Restaurant at the End of the Universe by Douglas Adams, and The Devil's Dictionary by Ambrose Bierce.

That would have to be my least favourite of douglas adams books lol. Hitchikers was good, so random. I'm more into fantasy, so Eragon and Eldest by Christopher Paolini ( don't get me started on the movie, it is the most un-true peice of [cabbage] RAWR angry angry.) The Wind on Fire triology by William Nicholson is also good. I'll update this when i think of more :wink:

Splatter-RM-stroke.png

"A disbelief in magic can force some poor souls into believing in authority and business"

hmm have any of yous read any of Gary Paulsen's books i like every single one and ive read every book he has out, my favorite ,Hatchet , some other of my favorite books include Old Yeller ,Where the Red Fern Grows,Romeo and Juliet also any of Will Hobbs books

Yeah I've read that and the one after that I think it was called "Hatchet Winter" from memory. I Read them years ago when they came out back when I was in Primary School. And yes I loved them by the way. :thumbsup:

Yeah I've read that and the one after that I think it was called "Hatchet Winter" from memory. I Read them years ago when they came out back when I was in Primary School. And yes I loved them by the way. :thumbsup:

Brian's Winter. I read that one in elementary school. Good book from what I can remember.

Monster-Walter Dean Myers

A book about a 16 year old on trial for murder.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monster_%281999_novel%29

The link to the Wikipedia page.

If you want to know more, PM me, I'll send you my 5 page book report... :D

OhioState.jpg

The GES, the only clan ruled by a Goat.

"How did it start? I mean, did one kid just yell out lets have sex!""

blade of fire by stuart hill

its the second in the icemark series...lots of gore n st00f very good read

but you must read cry of the icemark to understand it

i love that book <3:

1984 by George Orwell

A love story with a totalitarianistic government. ::'

but that book created big brother <.<... and that show is complate crap...

my favourite books are all the harry potter books, eragon, eldest and the art of war.

a time to kill - very gripping story

the power of one - absolutly loved this book

And the whole series of john marsdens ellie books

Is the show The Power of One based on the book? I doubt it, not sure if you've heard of it before the show. What's the book about and I'll be able to figure out if the show is based upon the book.

In no particular order, these are some of my favorites:

Orthodoxy - G.K. Chesterton

The Ballad of the White Horse - G.K. Chesterton

The Divine Comedy - Dante Alighieri

Black - Ted Dekker

Red - Ted Dekker

White - Ted Dekker

When Heaven Weeps - Ted Dekker

Ender's Game - Orson Scott Card

Speaker for the Dead - Orson Scott Card

The Silmarillion - J.R.R. Tolkein

Punctuation.gif

"In so far as I am Man I am the chief of creatures. In so far as I am a man I am the chief of sinners." - G.K. Chesterton

There are also more that follow hatchet, like The River. Gary Paulson also wrote a very good story based on events that happened to him as a kid where he gets lost in the wilderness. (kind of like Hatchet) I give it two thumbs up, but I can't remember the name. :thumbsup:

2w3uule.png

2w726iv.png

you know there is a place called outside, better graphics 100% pvp and no fee to play :-w

I highly suggest any book written by Darren Shan. His hit-selling series "Cirque du Freak" is amazing. The series is now complete as of fall (12 books in total). In a nutshell, it's all about vampires but soo much more.

His other popular series, currently 3 books out, is called "The Demonata" I think it is equally awesome. As you've geussed it's about demons. His website, http://www.darrenshan.com , says that it is planned to be a 10-book series. Check out his site. Darren Shan Rules!

truevamopcopynh4.gif

When I Have It, It's the World's. When I Don't Have It, The World Is Mine.