My Old Pictures From School Art Lessons!

tomdavies90

Well it's been almost 2 years since i've used this art book so i thought i'd post some of them up here to see what people though, please keep in mind some of them are from year 7 (aged 12) 8 (13) and 9 (14) so they aren't exactly gonna be Picasso's and a lot of them aren't coloured because we did mostly pencil work. i still do Art but i hadn't really looked at these pics until about a week ago.

"Self" Portrait (bares very few resemblances too me) Year 9

faceki2.png

Black And White Plant Year 7

plantbwun3.png

Shells Year 8/9 Can't Remember

shellsmw3.png

Shoe (we had a mouldy horrible ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã1 shoe handed to us...nice) Year 8/9 again, can't remember

shoeff6.png

That's all i have i have a few more drawings, the plant but in colour, art teacher made me draw out the entire thing again rather than just photocopying it and letting me "colour" but it looks about the same, hope you like them and sorry about the rubbish quality....and also sorry too any 56k-ers who clicked on this link :XD:

sigggyjv2.gif

Sig by me....

well you can draw, theres no doubt about that, what I suggest is forgetting about breaking things down into outlines, concentrate about how the light effects your objects. Otherwise your images will always look very flat, I do sympathise that your scanner has brightened it up a tad but still im getting the impression that you don't have enough contrast. As an artist your not trying to photorealistic image otherwise you'd just might as well take a picture of it, concentrate on texture, experiment with your pencil and build the detailing of your image to capture how you percieve what your drawing.

But contrast is essential, I did some shells and stuff a while ago, I hosted it on devianart.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/46059078/

If you don't have a strong lightsource, get one by hovering a light over your object, because what your trying to do is capture the shape of your object.. Your being very technical with your drawings, loosen up, learn to work lightly and loosely to build shape and get your perspective and proportions correct and then start to build depth, add details etc.

I also just now quickly drew my trainer in charcoal especially to help you, I find it helps to constently have your eyes darting back and forth from your object to your paper whilst working, don't spend 5 minutes staring at your paper becuase you don't know exactly what the object looks like, so don't try and draw it off memory.

shoest8.png

(They're Vans)

I gotta say tho, your doing really well, these are fairly complicated things to draw and your definately on the right tracks.

vistame09copyhr8.png

Not bad, I'd post some of my drawings, but the anatomy on them is to far off, and I don't want 50 people telling me something I already know lol.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

thanks guys i have done drawings in year 10 and this year too but they have been of pretty boring things, pine cones, biscuits , buttons and zips (like the 4 most exciting things ever....) so i won't be posting them but i have my GCSE exam in like a month and i'm hoping too go fro something like your style Ter, the only thing that i find tough is the teachers are so restrictive they don't let you do what you want and i have really abstract ideas, not so much for drawing but for our 3d work, i had a great idea but i know my teacher would tell me not too do it...and if i started he'd like throw it away or something lol...but the exam is unsupervised so i finnaly get to be 100% myself! yey!

sigggyjv2.gif

Sig by me....

that same reason why im looking foward to the 3day long exam #-o

put simply: Freedom

thats what i belive art is about, none of ths copying others work, wheres your expression in that?

i dont know just REALLY pee's me off when you have to copy some pictiure some dead guy drew in their style. >_<

do you draw much in your free time? if not yo should, you can enter it into your gcse as other work, just to show ability and your not restricted to anything, its free drawing.

PJB21

sigpjb2101sigdy6.png

100% my own work, i make my own brushes: set 1 set 2

yeah i really need some experiment pages because at the moment i have like 1 for each project, but as for drawings i have like 10 more than everyone else :XD: i don't draw that much in my spare time though...dunno why...

sigggyjv2.gif

Sig by me....

problem is there's no real depth to these drawings

Do you expect a masterpeice?

These drawings are from year 7-9, For that age, There actually very good.

yeah I agree and I should know I was in year 7 last year and year 8 this year and only one girl In my class can draw that good (well so she should she's the only one that isn't agains't the art teacher , pencil throwing wars were so fun! :P )

4vr93cy.jpg

Thanks Terly for the best Avatar in TipIt -winks-

I have no clue of this year 7 or whatever thing, because its probably from America or w/e. So Ill just c/c

The contrast on most of the pictures is just way too light.

And to me that face looks too round, could be just me though, Im not that good in faces.

I like the shell one. But again the shading is a tad faint.

Cant say much, just add more shading, dont rely too much on outlines, and more contrast.

Hope to see more of your work ::'

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

I don't think it matters in the slightest what age these were drawn, all we can do is give our opinions and critique it the best to our ability. its no good saying 'do you expect a masterpiece', what, should we wait a few years until he's the correct age and then give an honest critique? and until then just lie through our teeth and fill this thread with useless comments. Posting your work on an open forum suggests that critique is welcome unless told otherwise.

no one is saying these aren't good, but no one's perfect, you can only learn and improve, even learn from work you may have done years previously.. Just because its in the past doesn't mean you're now an expert compared to what you were, if tomdavies90 was to re-do all these now, he would most probably make the same mistakes. I personally think these are very good considering what age they were done, it shows great observation and attention to detail. But what most people have pointed out it still needs that level of contrast.

vistame09copyhr8.png