Abortion Opinions (no flaming)

Muse

If you want to keep it simple, thatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s pretty much what I mean.

Okay :)

YouÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ve been fed the conventional idea of addition because it is the most useful

That's a pragmatic point of view (something is true if it is useful), and while I am pragmatic, I only am to a certain extent. If I lie to someone, it might be something very useful to say, but it doesn't make it true. In the case of mathematics, I am of the opinion that it is useful BECAUSE it is true, not the other way around. Again, this is going to boil down to our metaphysical views, and I believe in an objective reality, whereas you do not (to an extent, I'm not sure how predominant this view is for you), and therefore we'll probably never reach an agreement about anything we ever converse about :P. Funny how metaphysical views really permeate everything we believe in.

summerpngwy6.jpg

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when she might not want it.

I don't want to do hw so I'm going to kill my teacher. (not really, just an example.)

This is a discussion on ethics not math. It is not ok to murder in our culture. So why should abortions be ok? Abortion appears to be the way out of trouble, you don't want trouble with your parents ect. And some people think drugs are a good way to get out of trouble, escape from realism. I'm still looking for a good reason to kill a baby.

I beileve it's illegal in some parts, yet it's legal on others.

Illegal:

When a teenage wants some "fun" so she has sex with a guy. Say she's 15-17. So he has sex with the guy for FUN. So later she find out she's pregant. Me, I would not allow her to have a abortion and inform her parents, since shes a no good trouble-maker seeking out of trouble. She sufers so much during birth, since she's not fully grown (15,16). Hurts like hell and bady gets adoped. Girl learns never to do it again.

Legal: If a inncent girl is walking and this guy just rapes her. Who's fault is it? Not the lady's. So if she doesn't want the baby, abortion is fine, since it's not her fault that the baby was created, and she's gonna have to suffer a lot of pain for no reason.

Please no "God's will" post, since it does not fit into the category I believe.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

This is a discussion on ethics not math. It is not ok to murder in our culture. So why should abortions be ok? Abortion appears to be the way out of trouble, you don't want trouble with your parents ect. And some people think drugs are a good way to get out of trouble, escape from realism. I'm still looking for a good reason to kill a baby.

Read my post again, I already told you the answer. The foetus isn't technically alive so you can't call it murder; you can't murder a dead person, you can't murder a tree and you can't murder a foetus, Get your facts straight.

Yeah abortion seems to be a way out of trouble, but canÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t you say that about anything that makes life easier. Why arenÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t you using the stove to cook your food instead of the microwave, it just seems like your using the microwave to stay out of trouble. You donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t use a microwave to stay out of trouble; you use it because it makes more sense to use it rather then the stove. Maybe like the microwave, people abort not to stay out of trouble but because it makes sense for them to abort the child rather then keeping it. Comparing drugs to abortion is ridiculous, you get the opposite of a high when you get an abortion; all kinds of pain.

I beileve it's illegal in some parts, yet it's legal on others.

Illegal:

When a teenage wants some "fun" so she has sex with a guy. Say she's 15-17. So he has sex with the guy for FUN. So later she find out she's pregant. Me, I would not allow her to have a abortion and inform her parents, since shes a no good trouble-maker seeking out of trouble. She sufers so much during birth, since she's not fully grown (15,16). Hurts like hell and bady gets adoped. Girl learns never to do it again.

Legal: If a inncent girl is walking and this guy just rapes her. Who's fault is it? Not the lady's. So if she doesn't want the baby, abortion is fine, since it's not her fault that the baby was created, and she's gonna have to suffer a lot of pain for no reason.

Please no "God's will" post, since it does not fit into the category I believe.

Your still aborting a foetus in both situations, so whatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s the difference between them again? Just seems like you don't like what some people call "fun", I bet your parents wouldn't like what you call "fun" either. I bet you do something I don't approve of either, who's to say who gets an abortion and who doesn't?

I don't think there is a single person who's in favor of abortion.

I also don't think that government or anybody else for that matter can tell you what you CAN and CANNOT DO with your body.

Religious morals + Gov't Legislation = Bad News...

Even if the majority of Americans were anti abortion, does it make it right to say people shouldn't do it?

I understand how people get all hung up on whether its murder.

How old does it have to be till it's considered a human being? A fetus, a zygote, an egg?

Did you know that every day, trillions of spermatozoa babies heads are crushed when they hit the wall of a condom?

If you are against abortion, then don't have one.

tablw5.png

Kill corporate radio. http://www.killradio.org

Even if the majority of Americans were anti abortion, does it make it right to say people shouldn't do it?

Yes, government protects the weak and vulnerable in society, that includes babies facing abortion with no say in the matter.

For it is the greyness of dusk that reigns.

The time when the living and the dead exist as one.

The real medical fact is that over half of all conceptions end in spontaneous abortion. I believe that every persons has the right to their own body.

The idea that a group of cells that can't even live is a baby is just emotional reaction. Good law shouldn't be based on emotion but on reason.

Katryna.png

It's giving the (potential) baby a chance that I believe is important (we're all going to die, right? :) but that doesn't mean I don't want the chance to live first). That, and killing something that can feel pain is wrong. Use contraception, the pill, the morning after pill - anything - but once the baby can experience pain - it's off limits in my opinion.

I do not understand why letting the baby be born and then putting it up for adoption deprives any woman the right to her body.

In addition, though I am a man, and the thought of being pregnant isn't a nice one in my eyes, so perhaps I can't empathise very well. I think that women have enough ways and chances to prevent pregnancy and that getting pregnant should be avoidable before abortion is necessary.

i really dont care for it but i dont think anyone should be against it because of religion. if you are catholic you cant do alot of things that is chosen by a man in a pointy hat started by someone going 'im leading this religion, dont worship me and you go to hell'

nowhere in the bible does it mention half of catholicism's laws, i like christianity's laws better but its not the original religion jesus taught but neither is catholicism

485th person to ever play RuneScape

Blue107- perm banned 10/12/2007. $300 USD reward if you can get me in contact with someone who will take 5 seconds to look at evidence and get my original character unbanned. 

Stories I know that happened to people I knew. One friend thought that the man she was with planned to marry her. He seemed very nice and honest. He told her that he had a vasectomy and she was safe. She was stupid enough to believe him. She ended up pregnant and he vanish faster then ice on hot pavement. She didn't have the money to take the time off to have a baby she couldn't afford. She had an early abortion.

Another wanted a baby very much she and she had a beautiful little boy. Sadly she sat by it's crib for a week watching him die a slow painful death because he was born with a rare genetic disorder. There was no way that a baby born with it could ever live. She still wanted a baby and when she got pregnant again there was only a small chance that the second baby would have the same thing. The test to see if it had the disorder couldn't be done until the second trimester. She had the test and would abort if it had the disorder not wanting to watch a second baby die slowly and painfully. In this case she was lucky and the baby was healthy.

No law can take all cases into account and only the person who must spend 9 months pregnant can decide what she will do.

Katryna.png

The end of the story is:

IF YOU DONT WANT A BABY, DONT TAKE THE RISKS.

That lady knew she still had the risk of the man lying.

What an ignorant attitude. It's oh so easy for you to say that.

Some people are changed by being a moderator. I wouldn't be.

One friend thought that the man she was with planned to marry her. He seemed very nice and honest. He told her that he had a vasectomy and she was safe. She was stupid enough to believe him. She ended up pregnant and he vanish faster then ice on hot pavement. She didn't have the money to take the time off to have a baby she couldn't afford. She had an early abortion.

mmm.. sad situation.. I'm sorry that people can be such a*holes

The real medical fact is that over half of all conceptions end in spontaneous abortion. I believe that every persons has the right to their own body.

The idea that a group of cells that can't even live is a baby is just emotional reaction. Good law shouldn't be based on emotion but on reason.

I agree that people have the right to their own bodies, but I disagree with you that the baby is a part of the woman's body.

Sperm and eggs are part of the person's body; they have the same DNA. However, after the zygote forms, it is a new, individual organism. I believe that once a woman becomes pregant, she is harboring a new human being, whom it is her responsibility to protect. It may be dependent on the mother, but it is not the mother's body. It is a new body whom she ought to protect.

Even if the baby could ruin the mother's life, who are we (or who is she) to decide that her life is worth more than her baby's?

Punctuation.gif

"In so far as I am Man I am the chief of creatures. In so far as I am a man I am the chief of sinners." - G.K. Chesterton

The end of the story is:

Oh, seriously. That's as if someone said "If you don't want to crash, don't get into the car!"

That would also logically mean that it should be illegal to treat patients of a car accident.

"No, don't help me to live, I got into the car. I should die because I took the risk."

I love languages.

J'adore les langues.

ÃÆÃ

One of my friends just got pregnant a few months ago (she just turned 16). She cited her reason for having unprotected sex was that her boyfriend told her he was sterile from smoking so much marijuana. Gah, ridiculous. Oh yeah, abortion, it's one of those things I tend to try to stay out of. I'll really never know until I'm in that situation.

phx.jpg

Gamertag: King Arizona

The end of the story is:

Oh, seriously. That's as if someone said "If you don't want to crash, don't get into the car!"

That would also logically mean that it should be illegal to treat patients of a car accident.

"No, don't help me to live, I got into the car. I should die because I took the risk."

As was discussed earlier, I don't think it's fair or fitting to compare a baby to a car crash. The opportunity to bring another life into the world and nuture it as it grows can hardly be compared to something as bad as a car crash.

I'm of the oppinion that children are a blessing, not a burden. Even if having a baby can ruin your life, surely it is better to sacrifice your own well being to give someone else a chance for a good life. If people were less concerned about themselves, and more concerned about others, then I don't think abortion would be such an issue. But that's all wishful thinking - we humans are selfish creatures, and that's not going to change.

Punctuation.gif

"In so far as I am Man I am the chief of creatures. In so far as I am a man I am the chief of sinners." - G.K. Chesterton

As was discussed earlier, I don't think it's fair or fitting to compare a baby to a car crash. The opportunity to bring another life into the world and nuture it as it grows can hardly be compared to something as bad as a car crash.

I'm of the oppinion that children are a blessing, not a burden. Even if having a baby can ruin your life, surely it is better to sacrifice your own well being to give someone else a chance for a good life. If people were less concerned about themselves, and more concerned about others, then I don't think abortion would be such an issue. But that's all wishful thinking - we humans are selfish creatures, and that's not going to change.

Of course it's fair, a car crash is prematurely ending someoneÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s life much like abortion prematurely ends a foetuses life; killing people is also killing the chance for them to bring another life into the world. Watching someone "grow" with lamellar ichthyosis (also know as Harlequin fetus) is worse then watching a car crash, it is one of the most disgusting things I have ever seen (and I've seen a lot of disgusting things). Nature isn't always beautiful; here and there it rears its ugly head.

So why doesn't the foetus sacrifice its life for the mother and die? The foetus couldn't care less if it wants to live or not, youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re the one thatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s caring for it. If you were more concerned with other people (instead of your ideology), like people who want abortions maybe you wouldn't be so quick to write off their pleas. WhatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s the point of having a child you can't afford, how would you give them an opportunity to live a good life without money? Your just as selfish (you ideally want everyone to think they same way as you) if not more so then the people that want abortions.

I dont agree in abortions, in my eyes its murder none the less, its the two peoples fault in the first place and a child is the conciquence of thier actions. if they didnt want a child they should have used protection or the PILL.

trialkbd1to.png

I dont agree in abortions, in my eyes its murder none the less, its the two peoples fault in the first place and a child is the conciquence of thier actions. if they didnt want a child they should have used protection or the PILL.
What if they did? what if they did all that AND used spermicide AND use some other contraceptive and it all failed? Hard to imagine but it happens.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Yeah, all those fourteen year old rape victims should have simply insisted their attackers wear a condom.

siganizq4.gif

Yeah, all those fourteen year old * victims should have simply insisted their attackers wear a condom.

they can still use the morning after pill.

Easy to say when you're a man and have no chance of getting pregnant and having to make that choice to sacrifice your life.