A lazybeam that is Non Lethal.

Doughnut

MOODY AIR FORCE BASE, Georgia - The military's new weapon is a ray gun that shoots a beam that makes people feel as if they will catch fire.

The technology is supposed to be harmless ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ã

"A time comes when silence is betrayal" MLKJ

Speak your mind, but be civil.

Get mad, but do not rage.

Do unto others as you would want done to yourself.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Follow the doughnut to my blog! :D

You mean a DEW? They've had those for years. Concentrates microwaves on a person, which flash heats the water in their skin, which makes the burning sensation. Can disable a person for 15-30 seconds. Looks like a rifle.

There's also a variant that fires a light pulse, which can knock a human out for several minutes.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

I just heard about it. And I don't seem to remember them saying it was new, just releasing it as a headline.

"A time comes when silence is betrayal" MLKJ

Speak your mind, but be civil.

Get mad, but do not rage.

Do unto others as you would want done to yourself.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Follow the doughnut to my blog! :D

Does it work like an insta-cancer weapon? Especially on lighter skins?

I don't have the official research on Directed Energy Weapons. I just know that they are in research, and that they were used in a book series I read (Microwave DEW's in Left Behind, and Light Pulse DEW's in Debt of Honor.)

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

The weapon has a serious vulnerability, also in a political sense: Some protestors could martyr themselves and stand in the way of the beam long enough to get serious injury, or even death, no matter the pain. Way to get a reputation for killing civilians then...

It is a non-lethal weapon, great, but what bothers me about this is that they're talking about using it to disperse crowds. I'm just not happy about governments that feel like they need to have weapons to disperse crowds. A crowd should be powerful, butd a good government should have no reason to fear one.

For it is the greyness of dusk that reigns.

The time when the living and the dead exist as one.

^^^^Futureweapons?

Yea, that show is pretty interesting. I was able to catch it a few times.

But this other thing sounds pretty cool. I wanna know what it feels like to actually get hit with one.

122 Combat : 99 Hits : 99 Attack : 99 Strength

97/99 Defence : 99 Fletching : 99 Woodcutting

It is a non-lethal weapon, great, but what bothers me about this is that they're talking about using it to disperse crowds. I'm just not happy about governments that feel like they need to have weapons to disperse crowds. A crowd should be powerful, butd a good government should have no reason to fear one.

protestinght1.jpg

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

You mean a DEW? They've had those for years. Concentrates microwaves on a person, which flash heats the water in their skin, which makes the burning sensation. Can disable a person for 15-30 seconds. Looks like a rifle.

There's also a variant that fires a light pulse, which can knock a human out for several minutes.

haha...DEW...funny

I WANT ONE :shock:

Shamuuu.png

Listen to the mighty words of Bloodredsword.

Tip it MGC Xbox live leader board!

haha...DEW...funny

I WANT ONE :shock:

Good luck. Microwave ones cost about $800k and the light pulse DEW costs around 1.2 million each. Needless to say, these are just prototypes. Each has cheaper variants that are much much larger.

Untitled.png

I read about it in the newspapers. A journalist of Reuters "tried", he said it felt like he was burnt for a few secs. It must be a horrible pain. Eventhough it's pretty hard to resist long enough to get hurt, but I can see some big incidents happen with this thing. :(

This also seems like the perfect weapon for dictators. Can you imagine it? "*Yawn* again a stupid riot. Time to make the millions I stole from the people worth again." (Yea, my english sucks indeed.)

Good job Bush <.<

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

^^^^Futureweapons?

Yea, that show is pretty interesting. I was able to catch it a few times.

But this other thing sounds pretty cool. I wanna know what it feels like to actually get hit with one.

you shall regret that soon enough

mini193.png

Doing a little bit of everything

I read about it in the newspapers. A journalist of Reuters "tried", he said it felt like he was burnt for a few secs. It must be a horrible pain. Eventhough it's pretty hard to resist long enough to get hurt, but I can see some big incidents happen with this thing. :(

This also seems like the perfect weapon for dictators. Can you imagine it? "*Yawn* again a stupid riot. Time to make the millions I stole from the people worth again." (Yea, my english sucks indeed.)

Good job Bush <.<

Yeah, Bush is to blame for everything. Especially for technology developed under Clinton's administration (and I must say that Clinton had nothing to do with it).

It's humane compared to bean bags and tear gas. Most certainably better than a repeat of Kent State.

Untitled.png

read artile, found this at the bottom of the article,

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

maybe you should erase the post

mini193.png

Doing a little bit of everything

Good job Bush <.<

Yeah, Bush is to blame for everything. Especially for technology developed under Clinton's administration (and I must say that Clinton had nothing to do with it).

It's humane compared to bean bags and tear gas. Most certainably better than a repeat of Kent State.

OK you're absolutly right, it's not Bush' fault. But still, it seems like suck a weapon to me. What do I have to say then: "Good job America"?

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif