Cheapest spell for barrows...

Captainkidd

Slayer dart is cheapest, imo, because you don't have to waste time buying back the airs that you lose by fire blasting. With slayer dart and guthans, you can stay at barrows for hours without needing to bank for more runes or food. Nearly every time you search the chest you profit on minds and deaths, so you have an unlimited supply of them. If you were to try fire blast, you would have to bank for air runes at some point. You would also have to either craft or buy more airs eventually. Slayer dart maxes higher than fire blast too, upto 19 (possibly 20, any comfirmation would be appreciated :D.)

He said fire bolt which only hits 13 ( or 15 with gauntlets) but still thats 5-7 less of a max hit than slayer dart and the chest doesn't replenish it, also as stated earlier it takes longer making you use more pray pots. Just one extra pray pot used makes your theory even if you get no runes from the chest wrong.

Right, I fixed that now :$. Didn't double check the spell before I posted. <.<, Anyway, you *can* do barrows with any spell without any pray pots, so I wouldn't include that in calculations.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a poor idea to try to minimize spell cost. Higher damage kills brothers faster, both reducing risk of losing your items and reducing PPot/food costs, which are much higher than rune costs.

If you're THAT concerned about cost, go with Iban Blast. Hits 25, only costs 1 Death and some other things. But it requires a quest and is a pain to recharge (120 shots... you can probably get multiple staves to recharge but that gets expensive)

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Why is worrying about cost bad? If you minimize the cost of spell while still getting decent damage, you make more money in the long run. And, Iban staff could still end up being more expensive. You'll have to pay for food and all those things to get to recharging it if you fall alot. Also, since it uses 5 fire each cast, you'll lose money on that.

Why is worrying about cost bad? If you minimize the cost of spell while still getting decent damage, you make more money in the long run. And, Iban staff could still end up being more expensive. You'll have to pay for food and all those things to get to recharging it if you fall alot. Also, since it uses 5 fire each cast, you'll lose money on that.

Why Iban? Why not use charge and god spells? O:)

"A time comes when silence is betrayal" MLKJ

Speak your mind, but be civil.

Get mad, but do not rage.

Do unto others as you would want done to yourself.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Follow the doughnut to my blog! :D

I get all my deaths from ankous and I got 8k mind runes to waste anyway and no matter slayer dart is the cheapest since it gives back the deaths and minds you use

MarkNoZeros.png

And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,

that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.

So we shall flow a river forth to Thee,

and teeming with souls shall it ever be.

In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti.

God spells use bloods :cry:, and fires, and airs. Barrows rarely gives bloods, and not enough to make up for what you use casting god spells. And, as I've said before, you don't get airs or fires.

I wanted to mention the fact that killing the bro's will take longer with chaos runes (thus more food used and perhaps pray pots (i dont use any)), but the person before me has already stated it in a much nicer way :-).

And i can confirm it with my own experience ( I first did barrows with chaos runes cause i couldnt use slayer dart yet, and yes, i did have chaos gaunts too...). I used way more food

God spells use bloods :cry:, and fires, and airs. Barrows rarely gives bloods, and not enough to make up for what you use casting god spells. And, as I've said before, you don't get airs or fires.

But you have to charge Iban every other run. :-w

"A time comes when silence is betrayal" MLKJ

Speak your mind, but be civil.

Get mad, but do not rage.

Do unto others as you would want done to yourself.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Follow the doughnut to my blog! :D

i hybrid barrows, so i only used around 70 casts, which is 70 deaths, 280 minds. the rest of the time, i use dds/dscim/whip on karil and ahrim. i normally get more runes than i sue, so i actually make a profit, and i dont evem have to buy air runes.
Who ever said you have to by airs......? Anyways, your saying you can do a billion trips with only 70 deaths and 280 minds? If so get a video of it, so all of tip.it knows your a lier, I mean great at barrows
You have issues. You can do trips endlessly with just around 70 deaths and 280 minds, because theyre replenished from the chest, airs you have to waste time on buying.

comprihende?

obviously the original poster is not a barrows veteran, slayer dart is by far the best option in terms of "zero" runes used and less food and ppots needed compared to the other option. My first 100 runs were with fire bolt, fire blast until I hit 55 slayer and since then my next 400 odd runs have been with slayer dart. Slayer dart is by far more cost effective.

barrowsmguthan,bob%20baldrick.gif

i hybrid barrows, so i only used around 70 casts, which is 70 deaths, 280 minds. the rest of the time, i use dds/dscim/whip on karil and ahrim. i normally get more runes than i sue, so i actually make a profit, and i dont evem have to buy air runes.
Who ever said you have to by airs......? Anyways, your saying you can do a billion trips with only 70 deaths and 280 minds? If so get a video of it, so all of tip.it knows your a lier, I mean great at barrows

That comment was extremely rude and unnecessary, please control yourself regardless of your personal opinions. On topic, it is often a common thing that you get deaths and chaos runes from your chest, but i doubt that you will have enough concurrent chests to stay there on 70 deaths and what not, the real point of the argument is that when using Slayer Dart at barrows it is in the end, more efficient, because;

a) You often get deaths and minds as a reward.

b)It hits harder and possibly more often than fire bolt.

c)By hitting harder you use less food, prayer pots, and runes.

d)By hitting harder your runs also go faster.

barrowsmstrcape,Mexican5.0.gif

slayer dart i only use 50 a trip so thats

50 x deaths = 15k

200 x minds = 3k

= 18k :D

Thievingcapesigcopy.png

Jeffery.png

180th to 99 Divination + 1st W36er

Rambo, cannot pk call your friends bro :). Wait nevermind none of SAPK/PKS can. Kappa.

slayer dart i only use 50 a trip so thats

50 x deaths = 15k

200 x minds = 3k

= 18k :D

How? The min for a dart is 75, the min for a fire bolt is 150, thats why I picked the numbers....Sounds like some one just picked up a cal and tryed to fool me....rofl.

You have issues. You can do trips endlessly with just around 70 deaths and 280 minds, because theyre replenished from the chest, airs you have to waste time on buying.

comprihende?

What that guy said, you start with 75 deaths and 280 minds, use say 67 to get the chest then :o oh my lord :o you get more runes back then you used! Hence being able to make a profit in terms of runes! Isn't it great.

No apologies for the sarcasm, its deserved.

comprihende?

Your the one with issuses, 20 people have said this before you and yet you can't comprihende it, If you think you can then make a video of you using 70 deaths and 280 minds, and do 10 trips, come on do it. Oh yea cause you can't.

comprihende?

What that guy said, you start with 75 deaths and 280 minds, use say 67 to get the chest then :o oh my lord :o you get more runes back then you used! Hence being able to make a profit in terms of runes! Isn't it great.

No apologies for the sarcasm, its deserved.

Show me, make a video of 10 runs using 75 deaths and 280 minds or your theory is just like every ones elses, usless

CaptainKidd, you've obviously never used Slayer Dart at the Barrows. As almost everyone so far has stated, you CAN INDEED do a trip and come out with more runes then you started with... Nobody's gonna bother making a video just to prove to you that you're wrong. You should actually TEST your theories before you post them and flame anyone who tells you otherwise.

comprihende?

Your the one with issuses, 20 people have said this before you and yet you can't comprihende it, If you think you can then make a video of you using 70 deaths and 280 minds, and do 10 trips, come on do it. Oh yea cause you can't.

Oh, and with fire bolt you can?

If you can't, then stop that ignorant nonsense you are talking!

Take 1k dart spells, and you can do MANY, MANY times more trips that it would be with 1000/75.

Obviously you cant get always 75 deaths back, sometimes you get less, sometimes more. In the end, doing 10 trips with 1000 dart spells you will end up with 950-1100 spells.

AND STOP asking for a video lol, if YOU are clueless about barrows, try going there more often than just once a day.

AND STOP effusing your childish topic about "I hate the world and want to argue on topics that i can't win anyway but i'll still act as an idiot"

Ok?

And furthermore, you kill about 1.5 x times lower with fire bolt than you would with slayer dart. this means spending MORE prayer potions, which will make the gross amount of money for fire bolt WAY more expensive.

Now be a good boy and don't try to argue on things that you don't know, try out yourself and you will see...

Margus.png