Paintball? Yes, no, maybe so?

splatmster24

have you ever played paintball? have you ever been shot by a paintball marker? ever seen it on tv? what type of gun do you have or want?

ive played paintball for about 3 years now, ive won a few tournaments(nothing major), had a few markers, spent a TON of money on it, and have loved it since the first time i played.

now, lets make something clear. the paintball i play is NOT a war game. they have scenarios and such but the game i play is in a enclosed area, with regulation fields and refs, with set fps limits. i play to have fun and strengthen teamwork with my friends.

questions? stories? opinions? favorite teams?

my fav is the Bosten red legion, AKA the Russian Legion (they pwn)

Say what you mean and mean what you say because those that matter don't mind, and those that mind don't matter.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not into all that league play and stuff but me and my friends go out to the local field or my friend's farm like once or twice a month for some good [garden tool]-balling fun. Personally i've just got a Tippman 98 custom with a 14" barrel, and stock trigger and hopper. League play and regular trips to the public field are too expensive for me, and it's not a lot of fun with all the 12 year olds with Angels and DM's owning your butt :?

phx.jpg

Gamertag: King Arizona

I'm not into all that league play and stuff but me and my friends go out to the local field or my friend's farm like once or twice a month for some good [garden tool]-balling fun. Personally i've just got a Tippman 98 custom with a 14" barrel, and stock trigger and hopper. League play and regular trips to the public field are too expensive for me, and it's not a lot of fun with all the 12 year olds with Angels and DM's owning your butt :?

yea, but hey, ive turned my back woods into a fortress, its awsome if i just want to have a bunch of the guys come over and run around in the woods.

btw, the tippmans own, you shoot em, you fall on em, you chuck em in a mud puddle, they never die!

Say what you mean and mean what you say because those that matter don't mind, and those that mind don't matter.

Ive been to the YPC (yorkshire paintball centre) a few times with my mates, and am even a member there, but i dont play it enough to have the need to buy my own equiment.

Plus, everytime ive gone, ive always ended up being hurt like hell (first time tripped over log and broke nose, 2nd time got shot in the neck, 3rd time got shot on my bare finger, on a freezing cold day and the last time i went i fell into a ditch then got shot on the arse from a few meters away by the other team), and so i would never play against pro's and the like.

supernovasigst7.jpg

My bro and his friends tried it once. He came home with lots of red patches in his back from the shots :ohnoes:

I'd love to try it, I'm saving up for another trip with me bro :D

great! \:D/ hope to see you at the field,

remember, goggles on :thumbsup:

Ive been to the YPC (yorkshire paintball centre) a few times with my mates, and am even a member there, but i dont play it enough to have the need to buy my own equiment.

Plus, everytime ive gone, ive always ended up being hurt like hell (first time tripped over log and broke nose, 2nd time got shot in the neck, 3rd time got shot on my bare finger, on a freezing cold day and the last time i went i fell into a ditch then got shot on the arse from a few meters away by the other team), and so i would never play against pro's and the like.

that stinks, sorry you havent had as many good experiences as i have, but hey! keep at it, it always brings me back.

I've played once this past winter break. It was indoors. It's quite messy. My friend plays it with bb guns instead. I got shot 3 times in the leg at nearly close range. It hurt so much.

i think you have it confused with airsoft. which, btw, is awsome too, i play every sunday :thumbsup:

My friend got hit in his nipple once and now theres a lump there. I never played before.

OK?....... :-k ....... it can hurt, but after awhile you get used to it, the adrenaline gets pumping and you dont hardly feel it.

The only two times I really remember a shot hurting was the side of a kneecap (I wasn't even playing, got tagged out and was on the sidelines) and getting a butt-shot trying to reach a pod someone rolled over to me. I don't think those two people were chrono-ing right either :(

phx.jpg

Gamertag: King Arizona

The only two times I really remember a shot hurting was the side of a kneecap (I wasn't even playing, got tagged out and was on the sidelines) and getting a butt-shot trying to reach a pod someone rolled over to me. I don't think those two people were chrono-ing right either :(

ow, yea, bonus balls arent exactly as welcome as extra halloween candy,but they still happen :roll:

I've played once this past winter break. It was indoors. It's quite messy. My friend plays it with bb guns instead. I got shot 3 times in the leg at nearly close range. It hurt so much.

i think you have it confused with airsoft. which, btw, is awsome too, i play every sunday :thumbsup:

no my friend plays airsoft instead of paintball, because its less messy.

gr454rc.gif

no my friend plays airsoft instead of paintball, because its less messy.

i know, i love airsoft almost as much as paintball.

glad to see we can get this far into a conversation without someone starting a flame war :thumbsup:

I've been, it was great. Dont get the paint through your mouth grill it tastes horrible.

CANE

Just to be different.

Think about it. A freaking Dragon Cane with a Dragonstone gem.

The spec will simply your character equiping a glove and beachslapping the enemy, who will break down and do the Cry emote for 10 seconds straight.

I shot a guy from behind when he was lying down, it hit him in the [male body part]. He started crying. I felt so sorry for him.

Once we just strait at the enemy and got wiped out.

My friend broke his arm when he jumped into a ditch to avoid fire.

One time I went on my birthday and on the last game my friends had convinced everyone on the entire team to turn on me at the start of the game. Cue 15+ people all shooting me multiple times and and different ranges some only 2 metres away all at the same time :cry: Some of the paint balls caused bleeding and others just left incredibly large bruises, some lasting for weeks after. But it was fun and id do it all again. You can't be ok with shooting other people and at the same time "boo hoo" about it hurting yourself. ^_^

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12