The official World of Warcraft thread.

Nadril

Its giving me an error right now for copying over a premade, looks like others are having problems too.

Ya seems to be slow. Looks like alot of players are using it as more and more premades are flooding into shattrath. Its really really lagy.

I am amazed though, even places like Xroads, there are still lve 70's defending them.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I copied over a rogue, mage, warrior and druid to PTR. Now just waiting for them to actually , you know, get there. :lol:

Depending on how much damn time I have left on PTR once I get copied over I might make a rogue PTR dueling/PvP video...

I copied over a rogue, mage, warrior and druid to PTR. Now just waiting for them to actually , you know, get there. :lol:

Depending on how much damn time I have left on PTR once I get copied over I might make a rogue PTR dueling/PvP video...

Did you copy over only horde characters or did you do alliance as well? My brother is using a druid, and im using a shaman alliance only, so if you end up playing any, just let me know, k?

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Did you copy over only horde characters or did you do alliance as well? My brother is using a druid, and im using a shaman alliance only, so if you end up playing any, just let me know, k?

Only horde, PvP side.

Hopefully they'll be there tomorrow, I really wanna see how top end PvP is on a rogue.

Only horde, PvP side.

Hopefully they'll be there tomorrow, I really wanna see how top end PvP is on a rogue.

how long did it take for them to let you make it because coping a char isn't working for me yet. Do you gotta just keep trying to get in?

Only horde, PvP side.

how long did it take for them to let you make it because coping a char isn't working for me yet. Do you gotta just keep trying to get in?

Your account must have been active before November, 06 to be able to use the PTR's. People are still receiving the errors such as myself and I'm unable to copy a character over.

The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard.

Anyone want to shed me some knowledge on professions?

I'm currently Skinning (260) and LW (about 185) and I'm just about realizing I hate LW.

I REALLLYY want to drop Lw for something, but I kinda like skinning. So I either drop LW for another gathering (I have plenty of money for my mount, and I'm 37...The profile says 40 because I know I'll forget to update it.). I'm game for another gathering but I dont feel like going to the Barrens and getting it up but oh well. So mining/Herb = Possibility. Either that or I could take up a new tradeskill. I got 40g, which, could go to some nice mail items when I hit 40 or whatever, or could go to a profession.

I've thought about tailoring, LW is out of the question, blacksmithing = no, JC = no..engineering = no no.

Soo...tailoring, enchanting, mining, herb.

Anyone have valid points for anything?

Without having anything more than that too go from, I'd say enchanting.

Tailoring is of questionable usability if you're not going for some of the, quite nice, craftable epics. As a hunter, that's pretty much a nono. Without the processing profession, you'd only be getting herbs/ores for cash, or when you run past 'em.

But enchanting... You'll get lootable greens from all over the place while doing other things. You will always need enchanting mats - endgame enchants costs friggin fortunes, but they're so good you will be getting them - and other people always need them too, which brings the price up. If you don't feel like getting a bunch of hawt recipies; Don't. Disenchanting earns quite enough money to be worthwhile, while still keeping you stocked with mats for your own gear. I don't know how the economy looks on your server, but on mine, Large Prismatic Shards go for 15-20g. So being able to disenchant that random dungeon blue worth 4g to a vendor no one wanted is a significant markup. Same goes for most other mats.

-This message was deviously brought to you by: mischief1at.gif

ding 69.. 1 more to go.

On our server, most primals go for around 15g. except for might obviously.. im kinda hard pressed for cash and my priority is

1. Flying mount

2. Primal mooncloth set

3. Whitemend set

4. Sockets for my stuff

5. Enchants for all that stuff

I reckon im gonna need at least 9kg to get all of that done : (

edit: added 1 thing

Tk5SF.png

Tailoring is of questionable usability if you're not going for some of the, quite nice, craftable epics. As a hunter, that's pretty much a nono. Without the processing profession, you'd only be getting herbs/ores for cash, or when you run past 'em.

But enchanting... You'll get lootable greens from all over the place while doing other things. You will always need enchanting mats - endgame enchants costs friggin fortunes, but they're so good you will be getting them - and other people always need them too, which brings the price up. If you don't feel like getting a bunch of hawt recipies; Don't. Disenchanting earns quite enough money to be worthwhile, while still keeping you stocked with mats for your own gear. I don't know how the economy looks on your server, but on mine, Large Prismatic Shards go for 15-20g. So being able to disenchant that random dungeon blue worth 4g to a vendor no one wanted is a significant markup. Same goes for most other mats.

My server's economy is similar..

Isn't this incredibly expensive to level?

Anyone want to shed me some knowledge on professions?

I'm currently Skinning (260) and LW (about 185) and I'm just about realizing I hate LW.

I REALLLYY want to drop Lw for something, but I kinda like skinning. So I either drop LW for another gathering (I have plenty of money for my mount, and I'm 37...The profile says 40 because I know I'll forget to update it.). I'm game for another gathering but I dont feel like going to the Barrens and getting it up but oh well. So mining/Herb = Possibility. Either that or I could take up a new tradeskill. I got 40g, which, could go to some nice mail items when I hit 40 or whatever, or could go to a profession.

I've thought about tailoring, LW is out of the question, blacksmithing = no, JC = no..engineering = no no.

Soo...tailoring, enchanting, mining, herb.

Anyone have valid points for anything?

Is this on your hunter? Once you hit 70 you will regret not keeping LW. :)

Easily the best moneymaking profession but can be the hardest to work. I have a guildmate who solo-farmed Stratholme and made over 5k gold in around twelve days, just on DE'ing.

Yes it is. Why is it good at 70?

Drums, leg armour, some really nice epic mail sets. I might swap my herbing for LW'ing later.

Yes it is. Why is it good at 70?

Drums, leg armour, some really nice epic mail sets. I might swap my herbing for LW'ing later.

QFT. :)

im in two minds about my deviate delight recipe which i found, it sells for an insane ammount of money (two up on AH for 60+ gold ATM)

i have all the levels to learn and use it (also know where to fish them) so creating the deviate delight will be very easy. On the AH i am seeing stacks of 5 for 4g buyout but i am unsure if they are being sold or just being put on there ever time the auction ends.

So should i sell the recipe or learn it?

im in two minds about my deviate delight recipe which i found, it sells for an insane ammount of money (two up on AH for 60+ gold ATM)

i have all the levels to learn and use it (also know where to fish them) so creating the deviate delight will be very easy. On the AH i am seeing stacks of 5 for 4g buyout but i am unsure if they are being sold or just being put on there ever time the auction ends.

So should i sell the recipe or learn it?

I'd sell it, I tried that and they don't sell good. Always too muchc competition. 60g is nice too, they go for 20 tops on my server.

Can't say for sure, only had it on my orc warlock and he hasn't seen serious use by me since long before TBC. They have changed whether you gain skills for disenchanting, but the way it used to be was that up to certain points at each new stage, you could get levels from disenchanting [cabbage]. After that it's all about using the mats, so while you don't end up spending gold leveling it, you won't be earning the gold from selling the mats. I'm not sure how far up you get before it'll start pissing you off, but enchanting things for other people using their materials is quite a nice way to gain skills as well. But since you won't be leveling it while leveling like I did... Hmz... Best bet is probably to start out repeating low level instances for greens/blues to DE, and possibly look on the AH.

Either way, the basic rule of thumb becomes not to ever vendor a green or above, always DE.

-This message was deviously brought to you by: mischief1at.gif

Can't say for sure, only had it on my orc warlock and he hasn't seen serious use by me since long before TBC. They have changed whether you gain skills for disenchanting, but the way it used to be was that up to certain points at each new stage, you could get levels from disenchanting [cabbage]. After that it's all about using the mats, so while you don't end up spending gold leveling it, you won't be earning the gold from selling the mats. I'm not sure how far up you get before it'll start pissing you off, but enchanting things for other people using their materials is quite a nice way to gain skills as well. But since you won't be leveling it while leveling like I did... Hmz... Best bet is probably to start out repeating low level instances for greens/blues to DE, and possibly look on the AH.

Either way, the basic rule of thumb becomes not to ever vendor a green or above, always DE.

Thank you.

I think after everyone posting I'll stick with LW. It's 186 and I got mats to get me to around 210 (I save up a lot of mats then use them all at once).

Anyways on another note, I won't be around for a while. I cancelled my subscription for now till around the 14-15th of August. I'll be in Florida so it's stupid to spend the money. And I wanted to not play for a week so I can go out and get a little more tan and spend some time with my friends before going down there.

But whats it matter to you guys, I'll still be on this forum. It's about the closest to WoW I'll get lol :P

Went back to my warlock... and sticking to it for AWHILE! Darn fickle self. I'm at 2.5k/5.2k... can't wait until I get epic flying. I'm doing 5 daily quests (since I can't do Netherwing) - two at Skettis, three at Ogri'la/BEM Skyguard. I just have to run Durn for the first time now and then BM - then I'll be Elixir Master and be attuned for Kara.

Profile: http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/chara ... n=Thelmara

Mind you, I recently just came back to this character so the gear isn't great. Going to buy veteran's dreadweave belt soon and maybe get A2 shoulders once I get 1.5k points (at 300 + this week's). I need to replace shoulders and legs the most though. Have to get 600 damage before Kara.

sithbridgeay2.jpg

Any advice on how to get 500g in the fastest way possible? I want kara attunement.. and to get that i need to do arca.. and to do that i need a flying mount.. and to do that i need 500g more.. So. Whats the fastest way?

Tk5SF.png