Skill Capes, or Rares? Your Opinions Here!

-Devoted12-

I would take the rare and sell it for money that would go towards many skill capes.

Your one of those kids that look at the title then post to get their post count up as fast as possible. Honestly, don't post if you don't read the entire post. I already said you can't do this. You can do what the guy above you said, but you can't do that. Please don't waste my time next time unless you read the post. Thanks!

Sorry about that. I misread the thing thinking it was asking as to what you would rather receive than show off.

And no, I am not a kid that posts just to raise my post count. My post count is actually relatively low compared to the amount of time I have been registered on this board. If I did a mindless reply to every thread I read just for the purpose of raising that number, I would have a very high count.

Now to answer this correctly. Skill capes. In the case of a rare, you often don't know if that person actually put any work into getting that rare. With a skill cape, there is definite evidence of hard work.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rare...could always invest in it and sell later for skills and buy a lesser rare...

If I don't want the rare, I could always sell it straight away for some easy cape or levels.

99 Fletch~~99 WC~~79/81 Fishing

87/94 Magic~~84 Range

Etha! Saradomin Forever~CW

CB: 107 Total: 1788+

ON BREAK

I would take the rare and sell it for money that would go towards many skill capes.

Your one of those kids that look at the title then post to get their post count up as fast as possible. Honestly, don't post if you don't read the entire post. I already said you can't do this. You can do what the guy above you said, but you can't do that. Please don't waste my time next time unless you read the post. Thanks!

Sorry about that. I misread the thing thinking it was asking as to what you would rather receive than show off.

And no, I am not a kid that posts just to raise my post count. My post count is actually relatively low compared to the amount of time I have been registered on this board. If I did a mindless reply to every thread I read just for the purpose of raising that number, I would have a very high count.

Now to answer this correctly. Skill capes. In the case of a rare, you often don't know if that person actually put any work into getting that rare. With a skill cape, there is definite evidence of hard work.

Yeah, No problem. Sorry to have blown up on you. My brother blocked runescape from my computer, and I couldn't get on, plus you were like the ninth person to say that. You were at the wrong place at the wrong time. :XD:

devotedconstructionkt0.jpg

What would YOU rather have to show off? I rare equaling the ammount of money you would spend on a 99 skill of your choice, or the 99 skill cape? Who would chose rares before 99's, and who would chose 99's before rare's.... Post your opinion!

well i got both lol so dont matter to me :lol:

PL_z.png

pL_z.png

pL_z.png

I still think there's very much a market for rares.

A lot of people buy into them as investments and to merchant, and skill capes won't change this.

Also, a lot of people will want a party hat as well as a skillcape. Think about it, when somebody gets a skillcape it's going to act like a hook, they'll see the recognition they get and start wanting more signs of wealth and power. Considering you can't wear two skills capes at once once they get it trimmed they'll start to look at things like dragon chains and party hats. Also if somebody been aiming for a 99 skill, once they get it they might start to set new goals.

I think in the end, it'll all balance out and they'll still rise in price.

Did they dip in price when skill capes were released btw?

I still think there's very much a market for rares.

A lot of people buy into them as investments and to merchant, and skill capes won't change this.

Also, a lot of people will want a party hat as well as a skillcape. Think about it, when somebody gets a skillcape it's going to act like a hook, they'll see the recognition they get and start wanting more signs of wealth and power. Considering you can't wear two skills capes at once once they get it trimmed they'll start to look at things like dragon chains and party hats. Also if somebody been aiming for a 99 skill, once they get it they might start to set new goals.

I think in the end, it'll all balance out and they'll still rise in price.

Did they dip in price when skill capes were released btw?

Well, what would you want first then? A rare or skill cape hah!

devotedconstructionkt0.jpg