Has the game become to easy?

Macmaster92

I don't mean to make this a "remember when you're a noob thread" but i liked not having the lumbridge guides and the open pathway to lumby swamps because if i had started now, i would never get to look back and laugh at how i walked all the way around the fence, mined coal, and trekked back to varrock to bank because I didn't even know draynor existed at the time

Surfbum0214.png

Surfbum0214.png

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Lumbridge Tutors make the game way to easy.

I remember starting off with a bronze sword and some magic runes.

And I remember walking all the way to Varrock to bank my items. That walk showed me some training places and other areas of Runescape.

Now, the players can walk up to Lumbridge Castle and bank there, then hang around Lumbridge and not go anywhere

exactly :shame:

st.alphonso0.gif

st.alphonso0.gif

st.alphonso0.gif

Established Shark Fisher 2/19/07!

more people are playing, and more people are farming for items, therefore lots of new poeple are going to have high leveled items, hence the creation of Age III items and barrows (<--- which now everyone has)

but jagex keeps coming up with new challenges, Tzharr for example, so jagex is trying to balance the influx of highed lvled players yet not making the game too hard... or too easy

Woah havent been on in a couple days and this thread got a good anout of posts. Ok now to adress all of you speculations about what i said on my first post.

First of i would like to just point out to all those people that said my skills were bad and i am a hipocrit about pest control. Now several things that i never liked were runecrafting, herblore, construction and mostly farming.

That is the reason those skills are not on the high scores they just frustrate me so i dont raise them. And i like to spend most of my time at castle wars ( hence the signiture.) Also the reason all of you think i am a hipocrit about pest control is because i just spent a month doing nothing but pest control thats why you see what you see. But in doing that i realized that it has made it way easier than what i used to do be. Endlessly camp at the mossys slowly raising a lvl inch by inch. I HAVE NOT DONE PEST CONTROL IN A WHILE.

I hope that cleared up some stuff you guys were saying and i added new stuff to the first post.

prospektssigza4.jpg

My gosh for me this game is hard not easy im a level 57 with 62 mining and boy mining 2k iron in 2 days and selling i't on free servers to get money is hard work!

http://rambelingsofateenagetechie.blogspot.com/

MY BLOG

Education is a weapon whose effects depend on who holds it in his hands and at whom it is aimed.

-Joseph Stalin

RoushLogo.jpg

My Logo!

has rs gotten easyer? oh yes it has, but how much you may ask? well, let me remiss to the early days of rs, ( yes i have scythe and bunny ears to prove it) I joined a few days after the wilderness came out, and boy that was a scary place :ohnoes: . I remember getting lost in that cabbage patch by rimmington, (my friends and I always got the names edgevil and rimmington mixed up -- dont ask why) I remember killing gobins for days because i thought that after I killed them all there would be none left and i would be rid of them (later a irl friend explained spawning :XD: )

maken money is easyer, you cut your wood, you pick your flax spin it and you have bows, now you can sell these bows or just mine some essence and make them into nature runes, ( all runes were droped from monsters in rsc so even if there would have been an animation for high alch back then it would have been rare to see "alchers" like we do in edge now)

sorry for the long and prolly pointless post, but yes with new things ( new being from a rsc standpoint) like dds and whips getting 2 xp per hit on a monster (unlike rsc where you got xp for getting the "kill" (you would get no xp or a very slight amont of xp if you didnt get the kill) getting the kill was much like it is now only you hardly got xp let alone the drop)

RANDOMS: they hand out gems and money?

i remember running silk from al-kerid (never could spell it right) to varrock for HOURS just to buy full steel, AND LET US NOT FORGET ADDY PLATES COSTED 40k FROM THE STORE

just looking back makes it seem insane and makes me want to start a new rpg like EVE :boohoo:

btw an irl friend of mine was at the party hat drop and got a white, sold it for 5k the next day, and i still laugh at him for it :XD: :XD:

i don't play psykick anymore... i play 2ed: "pure fett"

26081 to get 99 herblore

RSC was way more challenging.

When your eyes are bleeding as much as they were, I'm sure it would be pretty tough. :wink:

On topic, the game is definitely easier as you go along. However, Jagex most likely expected this from the very beginning as they made the highest levels some the most difficult to obtain. Sure 1-70 may seem like forever when you first start out, but 90-99 is a challenge for anyone in any skill. Sure, some skills are easier now because of updates (like cook-x), but think about it - they've made some of the newest parts of the game more difficult... do you have a fire cape? Killed the dagganoth kings lately? Or tried to level construction or farming without loads of cash or time?

RSN: Greedom1 | QP 248+ | Combat 116 | Total 1920+ | Skills 95 craft, 99 farm, 88 herb, 91 mage, 85 slayer

Values? What do they mean?

All of the skills, except Farming and Slayer, are basically plug-and-chug skills that you just plug time/$ in and get xp. I omitted Farming and Slayer because they require irl skills, imo. Lots of planning involved to get to 99.

$ has a 500K-600K standard that 80% of people are able to make.

WAY EASIER. RS is now a game of whoc an waste the most time.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Games don't get easier ... people just get better at them.

Remember - if you're looking at this and thinking "man, it was way harder 6 months ago" that you, six months ago, wern't as good a player.

Ask anyone who's been playing for about a month. They won't have a clue what a plank is, air running is something you probably do with a new set of nikes and oh my god does that guy have a red sword?

To an old player the game seems easier - but thats because you've improved: and personally until someone has reached lvl 99 in everything and completed every single quest they haven't finished the game: so if you're saying it's too easy and there's nothing left to do - why not get on with it and complete it first.

And as for money - well people will always find new ways to make money: but everyone else is making money too! You might say "oh, that kid's got 200k when he didn't last week, that's ruining the game" but you completely neglect to mention the three mill or so you got last week.

Not a criticism of anyone - just a reminder that the game isn't getting easy: your perception is just changing. There's still a lot of grinding - to get lvl 99 in anything you're doing the same thing thousands of times... that doesn't change for anyone. Carpel tunnel syndrome FTW?

I HATE how they are helping new players. They don't learn anything about the game they just get a free pass through the hard beginning.

I remember mining tin and copper east of varrock, going to lumby and smelting it, going to varrock and smithing it, then going around to the various specialty shops and selling each piece at maximum price for my money. (so if I made 10 bronze meds and a bronze long or something I would go to barb village, sell the meds to the helmet store, then go back to varrock and sell the sword to the sword shop.)

It was tough. It was a long process. But that taught you were things were and gave you a basic understanding of the game. Now you have people going into the game with a free pass through this with some help from the tutors, but they still don't know anything. It's annoying, because this is where all those beggars come from who don't know how to work so they just sit and beg.

redbullsigortiz.jpg

Make a note that i do not think that there is nothing left to do in the game i know i have way more things to do.

Also i know i did nothing but pest control for about a month now i dont do it anymore really. I also remember having to do that whole smithing and mining ordeal it was really tuff thats one of the things that gave me an iversion to mining todays (look at my signature)

prospektssigza4.jpg

1. Ever hear of merchants? Besides, I don't get why people who are lvl 70-80 "shouldn't have full dragon". That's idiotic. They could be skillers. (such as uular, tallest, and so on).

You forgot me, how could you? :cry:

Lol :P

'I'm surprised to be there, swamp pwns me.. ::'

Uula.png

80 - 94 Magic at PC would take less than 3 weeks, which reinforces your point mroe than anything.

But, Jagex aren't forcing you to use these easy options, they aren't forcing anyone to use them. If you want the game to be more challenging for you go fight the the KQ for 3 rounds and then run 2 spaces away to eat possibly 2 sharks before your engaged in combat again.

I just died to a dragon doing this lost some ahrims and everything i picked up from them ( thought they had stopped attacking)

capesn.png

My capes in the order they were achieved

i agree but it is funner if its not to hard becasue if it was to hard noone would play :P

jc+slave.png

my goals i have none i just know what needs to be done like show u realli how to beat zezima and yogosun.i know zezima is going to leave sumday and when he does iwill be there to own!!u will all remember the name jc slave!!

They have to make it easier as the game progresses. If the game were as difficult to level as it was in classic, no one new would want to start because it would take forever to get to a point in the game to where you can begin to compete with everyone else in the game.

Think about what it was like in classic when someone could make rune armor, that was huge. If a handfull of people could still only make it, the game would be not fun to play for all those starting out.

Runescape by its nature had to get easier, they needed/wanted to attract new players, which results in new members, resulting in more money and more ability to add to the game.

sig3gk6.png

Yep, the game is getting easier.

Uhhmmm, not really

I have been playing for 4 years and have yet to get a 99 stat <.<

Thats most likely becuase you play 30minutes a day if that <.<

I've played that long and more, playing a number of hours per day, yet i don't have a 99....

Me neither, but that really doesn't mean anything besides the fact that we don't have the attention span to cut 50k logs or fish 100k lobs. :P

If its so easy, why do you only have 1289 total...?
I wanted to point out that maybe he doesn't like leveling noncombat skills or finds them boring so he only kills monsters like fire giants.

I wanted to, but then I read that yes, he did play pest control for a full month.

awesome_bloodvelds_siggeh.pngpossiblesig11.png

:^_^: I drew that smilie, btw, along with a few more used by this site.

Classic bloodveld for lyph3! Although I do like the new ones.

Like a ninja, here I was, gone I am now.

BUT! I may be back! Add my new account, Dr Bloodveld!

Runescape really IS easier these days.

- Now, when newbies die and lose their gear, they don't have to work to get it back, they just go talk to a npc and get it returned to them.

- And then there are the 'x' options...Lemme tell you, when i was a newbie, i got all of my smithing and cooking lvls 1 click at a time...

- As for pc, well, I got my 70+ melee stats in under a week, even though we almost never got points...

- The cannon... Need I say anything at all?

Besides, if i was new again, i would take a respectful, helpful community of players over free gear and complete knowledge of the world any day.

There is no meaning or truth in life but that which we create for ourselves.

40678187bv4.jpg

I know that making the game easier makes more people come and start playing the game but dont you think that it takes all of the challenge out of it. For example i just started up a pure account on ftp to see what it waas like. And in two days i was able to get it to 40 range 20 def 18 prayer 10 attack and 10 strength. Its already 34 combat. If thats not to easy i dont know what is. :|

AND YES I DONT LIKE TO POWER LEVEL

prospektssigza4.jpg

Games don't get easier ... people just get better at them.

Remember - if you're looking at this and thinking "man, it was way harder 6 months ago" that you, six months ago, wern't as good a player.

Ask anyone who's been playing for about a month. They won't have a clue what a plank is, air running is something you probably do with a new set of nikes and oh my god does that guy have a red sword?

To an old player the game seems easier - but thats because you've improved: and personally until someone has reached lvl 99 in everything and completed every single quest they haven't finished the game: so if you're saying it's too easy and there's nothing left to do - why not get on with it and complete it first.

And as for money - well people will always find new ways to make money: but everyone else is making money too! You might say "oh, that kid's got 200k when he didn't last week, that's ruining the game" but you completely neglect to mention the three mill or so you got last week.

Not a criticism of anyone - just a reminder that the game isn't getting easy: your perception is just changing. There's still a lot of grinding - to get lvl 99 in anything you're doing the same thing thousands of times... that doesn't change for anyone. Carpel tunnel syndrome FTW?

Sorry to be so rude.

Load of tosh.

Known formerly as Ameoba3000.

Now known as Vigoss.

I have noticed that some people have diffrent views about this whole thing. I think that the people who use the quest guides and things like that say the game is gotten easy. Then the people who dont use guides and maps say its still hard. Just somthing to think about. ::'

prospektssigza4.jpg

There was one update which made the game significantly easier and probably had the largest impact on how players played runescape. That one update was Item Bank.

Back when it was released I liked the idea of being able to store my valuable items and to stock spare items for a later date. But people quickly learned that item banks was a excellent way to stock pile items. It was quick and efficient and hence made power power leveling possible to many more skills.

Once upon a time you had to visit a wide range of places on a regular basis to be able to make certain items, back before Item banks much more of the game content had uses. Now only the closes fast spawning spot to banks get frequent use. If something is to far from the bank people rarely visit.

Back then to train combat a player would have to first go to a shop and purchase a rod/spear and go fishing, then they had to catch and cook that fish. If they wanted other items they would have to collect them each time, or purchase them from another player who recognise a demand in the market. The game was much more variable and slower to play back then. There was a lot less repeition, much less power training. Today when a player wants to train combat and need certain items they would get it from their bank where they have stored massive stock piles of each.

I really think the banking system needs a major update. I would love to see each bank made independent of each other. If you deposit a item in the Varrock bank you can only withdrawal that item from Varrock. Would certainly help give a point to much more of the game. That is never going to happen because it would annoy to many players.

Part of me would like to see money only banks be re-introduced. Maybe with a 'chest' in POH or other safe spots which could hold a few dozen items (not piles). I also do not like the number of pages the bank now offer.