Why is fire fox so good?

Mr_Cheese

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont get why poeple use firefox as well. this link disproves everything everyone ever says about ff http://mywebpages.comcast.net/SupportCD ... Myths.html

Much of the 'debunked facts' on that page are only used by fanboys that are just mindlessly promoting the browser. Many of the counter points on the page can also be applied to other browsers or are just plain wrong (the security advisory count is an example).

Anyone with any sense of history concerning Microsoft knows the mountain of flaws IE has had over the years (this includes IE7, which has had to be patched for holes also found in IE6 after its release). FireFox is popular because it gained traction as an alternative to the steaming pile that is IE6. Yes IE7 improved, but it still has it's problems.

In the end, it's a matter of personal choice. Asking the rest of us to convince you to use it is a waste of our time. Try it, if you like it, cool, use it. If you don't like it, there's that shiny little uninstall button in the control panel. Rather cool concept isn't it? :uhh:

That firefox "myth" site is a joke. Lol, it's a religion. riiight.

It IS a religion.. if you consider JEDI as a religion then ANYTHING can be a RELIGION lol

maybe you heard from somebody, some web site or from a really wise dude that firefox is safer....

but really, i am not too sure how firefox is safer in anyways... all the bugs are list openly in in bugzilla and what more, firefox is open source, thats mean everybody can hack it easily... firefox also dont fix bugs as frequently as ie7 gets from windows update...

Actually it means the opposite because its open source.. once a bugs are found ANYONE can fix it..... that means that its easy to get a fix!!!

And.. also a issue.. no sources but IE was MORE UNPATCHED (A exploit was known to be wild) then Firefox...

This is part of Microsofts not caring since they have 85% and slipping :)

y use a web browser to play rs when you have the official rs window client? - it runs really smooth on that...

when it comes to browsing then i prefer using Opera... well everybody has his opinion :)

The Windows "client" uses IE's rendering engine

mementh.jpeg

The following statement is true. The previous statement is false. 60% of all statistics are made up 90% of the time

andrew i love you & want you to have my babys!!! <3:

Finally, I get to save the Earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows!

ok as you can see firefox owns i have it as my avatar and to all my firefox people wassup and the reason people use firefox is because its just more convenient downloadable skins, quick tabs, cmon ie7 users i dont see you celebrating the use of ie7 and you know ya'll want firefox i personally its more safer and pop up blocker owns popups unlike ie7 which only blocks some of them. so i still love firefox, FIREFOX FTW!!!!!

wolfun7.jpg

maybe you heard from somebody, some web site or from a really wise dude that firefox is safer....

but really, i am not too sure how firefox is safer in anyways... all the bugs are list openly in in bugzilla and what more, firefox is open source, thats mean everybody can hack it easily... firefox also dont fix bugs as frequently as ie7 gets from windows update...

Actually it means the opposite because its open source.. once a bugs are found ANYONE can fix it..... that means that its easy to get a fix!!!

And.. also a issue.. no sources but IE was MORE UNPATCHED (A exploit was known to be wild) then Firefox...

This is part of Microsofts not caring since they have 85% and slipping :)

yes, they take less time to fix it, but more time to release the patch...

so, how long it takes from updating firefox 2.0.0.1 to 2.0.0.2?

comparing to the time you get that windows update "!" icon to pop out?

i had not take the number of security vulnerabilities found as a source... thats crap, as firefox is open source and of cause it got more of those glitches found than ie7... counting the number of those risks and bug is biased to ie.

so what about the risks left unfixed? thats crap too, they way they say is "fixed" sits right in bugzilla, or maybe in some alpha versions, beta versions or in firefox 3.0, but not release like the "hotfixes" in ie.... thats biased to ff

i dont get why poeple use firefox as well. this link disproves everything everyone ever says about ff http://mywebpages.comcast.net/SupportCD ... Myths.html

have you see this page as well?

http://nanobox.chipx86.com/blog/2005/12 ... -myths.php

seriously, both of them are hiding something from us...

edit: some quick words, i do not hate firefox, i also use firefox to browse tip.it and other website... but i do disaggree to those statements, like firefox reduce memory usage, firefox is safer/faster/simply the best... thats... well, BS!

Firefox because of the extensions and the interface. I would use Opera more, but it has that flimsy feel - and the bloated features that come with it (not too fond of the sidebar) - and that it's harder to customize. Firefox feels much more sturdier. I know it sounds weird, but yeah.

Firefox because of the extensions and the interface. I would use Opera more, but it has that flimsy feel - and the bloated features that come with it (not too fond of the sidebar) - and that it's harder to customize. Firefox feels much more sturdier. I know it sounds weird, but yeah.

Hmm interesting, I though I was the only person who got that impression. They 'feel' differently eh.

IE sucks... its slow..often frozen..tok a lot memory spaces...lot of CPU...and a lot of bug...firefox is ez 2 open,faster speed for opening webpage etc..and the most important part..ADD-ONS!!!!11

Quit runescape on Jan 6th of 2008, at level of 115 with around 150M worth of item in bank...however stats still remains

Baoding.png

World 59, the world i loved~

59.png

Now 95% dedicated to playing Microsoft flight simulator

image_mini

http://www.youtube.com/user/im1knight

my youtube channel with many FSX videos i made. please leave a comment if you will

I used to use internet explorer, but after a friend showed me that it WAS faster on his old computer, i decided to join the bandwagon.

Firefox is better than interent explorer becasue of the plugins. Things like foxytunes (best add on ever) allows you to listen to music without using wmp 10 /11. The tab browsing is great and looks nicer than ie7 in XP (vista is another question :-w )

Also has anyone noticed microsoft cannot develop their own osftware with original ideas? Windows was taken from another user interface, internet explorer from firefox, netscape etc.

Ii only use IE for videos that don't run in firefox, but with the plugins, that is rare (and when i reboot my pc to get fire fox)

i read that myths thing, it talks out it's A***.

GO FIREFOX :)

noob,maximu160490.gif

maximu160490.gif

I use firefox, I changed when I heard virus' on IE could be downloaded onto your computer automatically without any kind of warning. Firefox gives you a popup saying do you wish to download 'X' which does make you feel a lot safer.

I would recommend Firefox, though I have heard good things about Opera, I just have to many bookmarks, theme etc. on Firefox I cant be bothered to change.

I use firefox, I changed when I heard virus' on IE could be downloaded onto your computer automatically without any kind of warning. Firefox gives you a popup saying do you wish to download 'X' which does make you feel a lot safer.

I would recommend Firefox, though I have heard good things about Opera, I just have to many bookmarks, theme etc. on Firefox I cant be bothered to change.

Last I checked you can import your FF bookmarks to Opera without losing the bookmarks in FF. Sort of like copying and pasting your FF bookmarks to Opera.

Go to Bookmarks > Manage Bookmarks

Right click any folder and click File > Import Netscape/Firefox bookmarks.