Why is fire fox so good?

Mr_Cheese

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try developing a website in FF with the correct use of HTML and CSS. And THEN try the same in IE.

I'm not much of a website builder so I'm having a hard time making a good website. And then IE just screws everything up. IE should be complying to the standards more. And IE7 wasn't much of an improvement.

IE SUCKS.

That firefox "myth" site is a joke. Lol, it's a religion. riiight.

Why is it a joke?

"A time comes when silence is betrayal" MLKJ

Speak your mind, but be civil.

Get mad, but do not rage.

Do unto others as you would want done to yourself.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Follow the doughnut to my blog! :D

That firefox "myth" site is a joke. Lol, it's a religion. riiight.

Why is it a joke?

Because it is so obviously and pathetically biased against FireFox that I would never even come close to considering it as a reliable source of information.

blackmfishcape,quickrabbit5.gif

Bunny Ear and Scythe Owner

Heh heh.. I tend to look at it like the difference between my mom's company and a competitors (when asked 'the difference' in the silver used) "Well, we use solid silver, and they use plated. You can choose which you like better."

My reasoning for this comes in multiple ways: I can use add-ons if so desired (They have never slowed down my comp), I can use themes, it has an automatic spell checker (SOOSOSOO useful) for forums, etc., it has a good flow to it (In how the layout of it as well as the toolbars, etc. are organized), I can search google or any other search engine from the the page I am on, the list goes on.

Now you can argue that some features are on other browsers, but I like them all in one spot and I like the ability to customize things such as the themes.

Also, you can get Mousegestures (Opera has this as well) which are IMBA1337H4XX0R because I can open tabs by holding right click and moving the mouse up.

I also like how Firefox is used for web design (My dad does web design for some companies).

On the 'myths' I could care less if it uses more RAM or whatever. The last time I saw a ship sail simply because it had a perfectly made sail was.. never. I see Firefox as the 'whole package,' in which I have the sail, the hull, the oars, the mast, and I can paint them anyway I want.

Sleeping-in-cushionhigh.jpg

i was just wondering y peeple use firefox over internet explorer?

Because it has a better security base than IE. Well... That's why I use it.

Used firefox for ages now, and I don't intend to go back to IE.

- Denic.

Because FireFox has a lot better security, and a popup blocker. IE unfortunately has no pop up blocker, and has more security holes, making it easier to: Hack you, or get a virus or something.

Plus Firefox has a cooler name :P

Wolfy is Officially Retired.

I miss you all (Well, mostly my friends n stuff)

If you want to talk to me, send me a message, I check the boards daily. :D

Because it says firefox is a religion. Game over.

And so at last the beast fell and the unbelievers rejoiced.

But all was not lost, for from the ash rose a great bird.

The bird gazed down upon the unbelievers and cast fire

and thunder upon them. For the beast had been

reborn with its strength renewed, and the

followers of Mammon cowered in horror.

from The Book of Mozilla, 7:15

Well did you even check the link it said to go to?

Because FireFox has a lot better security, and a popup blocker. IE unfortunately has no pop up blocker, and has more security holes, making it easier to: Hack you, or get a virus or something.

Do you know FireFox has better security? No you don't. IE does have a pop up blocker. Do you know that it is easier to hack someone through IE? No you don't.

Sounds like you copied Firefox's page about whats "better".

Because it is so obviously and pathetically biased against FireFox that I would never even come close to considering it as a reliable source of information.

Did you even bother reading it? It doesn't seem to be bias, just pointing out where FireFox is lying. There is a difference between pointing out truth and being Bias.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Because it says firefox is a religion. Game over.

And so at last the beast fell and the unbelievers rejoiced.

But all was not lost, for from the ash rose a great bird.

The bird gazed down upon the unbelievers and cast fire

and thunder upon them. For the beast had been

reborn with its strength renewed, and the

followers of Mammon cowered in horror.

from The Book of Mozilla, 7:15

Well did you even check the link it said to go to?

Do you know FireFox has better security? No you don't. IE does have a pop up blocker. Do you know that it is easier to hack someone through IE? No you don't.

Sounds like you copied Firefox's page about whats "better".

Did you even bother reading it? It doesn't seem to be bias, just pointing out where FireFox is lying. There is a difference between pointing out truth and being Bias.

Did you even bother reading it? Its quite obvious it had a bias against FireFox. Every single thing it says is bombing FireFox, praising IE and Opera. Many of the testimonials are also attacking FireFox. Many of the myths are purely opinion based. FireFox as a religion? Who the hell actually believes that? There are so many more blatant and obvious reasons that site is biased, I'm not going to bother listing them.

blackmfishcape,quickrabbit5.gif

Bunny Ear and Scythe Owner

Did you even bother reading it? Its quite obvious it had a bias against FireFox. Every single thing it says is bombing FireFox, praising IE and Opera. Many of the testimonials are also attacking FireFox. Many of the myths are purely opinion based. FireFox as a religion? Who the hell actually believes that? There are so many more blatant and obvious reasons that site is biased, I'm not going to bother listing them.

Its not praising IE or Opera, only showing that what firefox says is unique or what they say they did first was in fact a lie or misleading people.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Firefox just looks much better.

Well, the way I have it..

which is like this:

ffwv1.jpg

it makes it look so much tidier, and not as messy.

and, in my experience, I lagged a lot using IE7.

boratto.jpg

i heard firefox is less likely to be hacked because it isnt that common to use

If you really only like it because of that use Netscape.

Also, for a non-biased comparison of most web browsers available, check this.

This signature is intentionally left blank.

This should belong in Tech and Computers...

Anyway. There is specilation Fire Fox is more safer than Internet Explorer. That's why more people use it. It is also something new so poeple try it and they like it better i guess.

j0xPu5R.png

Firefox (as well as the plain mozilla) had tabs for oh so long. Then came IE and added tabs and the shortcut to new tab is the same as in firefox, coinsidence? You decide.

Also my firefox asks me if I want to download something before loading. IE downloads something when the page tells to, which is usually a keylogger or something like that.

Retired

Ex-E174

Ex-Venqeance

[Ex-Tha Familia3]

maybe you heard from somebody, some web site or from a really wise dude that firefox is safer....

but really, i am not too sure how firefox is safer in anyways... all the bugs are list openly in in bugzilla and what more, firefox is open source, thats mean everybody can hack it easily... firefox also dont fix bugs as frequently as ie7 gets from windows update...

I prefer to use Opera for browsing. It all boils down to the interface - I like it better than Firefox, IE or Netscape, all of which I have tried. I also use Opera for chat since I can use it to to chat, play browser games and email all in one program.

It's faster for browsing because I can direct it with one click to dislay cached images only since I often spend a lot of time on a single website reading forums and such.

I use firfox because it, not IE7, is FTW!!!

Also, because of this little funny ad:

it's safe, if you don't believe me, have a mod check it out. :wink:

I love that video.

Firefox has about a billion add ons for anything from mouse gestures to saving youtube videos, themes and copy as HTML. It also has more features than IE and is more standards-compliant.