The Best F2P Combat Guide (all levels)

Zaaps1

Thanks for the posts guys.

After finals, in the 3-7 day span before I get members, I plan to give his guide a big reworking. Most of the pictures are old and I'm going to put up experience rates as well, not just the formula.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could you put in hide tags as well?

It's a thorough guide. Nice job. :thumbup:

Right. That should get done too, I'll take care of that.

You make me want to become F2P again lmfao! Nice guide... Btw look in your private messages...

Crybaby111.png

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest;

Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.

- Confucius

You make me want to become F2P again lmfao! Nice guide... Btw look in your private messages...

Thanks!

Excellent work, btw.

Thanks!

Excellent work, btw.

Meh, thanks! Owe it all to you for teaching me though eh?

Crybaby111.png

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest;

Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.

- Confucius

Thanks!

Excellent work, btw.

Meh, thanks! Owe it all to you for teaching me though eh?

I guess. I didn't really do anything though, you did most of the work. Plus all I did was shorten the time it took. I'm pretty sure you would've figured it out eventually, I just acted as a shortcut.

Not 16k views anymore...

Good guide for f2p though.

Oops! You're right!

Thanks for posting!

Thanks!

Another little known SoS secret is that the Scorpions, if you stand at the right spot, are just as much xp as the Spiders if both are empty.

• 2 weeks later...

This guide getting better and better, been a while since i posted on here :lol:

Maybe this guide be put up for AOW? :o

You could get somewhere with this one, keep improving :D

Off, is the general direction I wish you would [bleep].

http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p549/hihi244442/TLoUGIF.gif

[hide=My perception of the Admins in Assistclan:]

000fjq.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Drops]

Slayer: Lots of Dragon Boots, 16 Whips, 24 Dark Bows, 7 Staves of Light, OVER 9000 Charms

GWD:

Bandos: Lost count

Zamorak: ^^^^^

Saradomin: ^^^^^^^^^^^

Armadyl: None[/hide]

Thanks!

Another little known SoS secret is that the Scorpions, if you stand at the right spot, are just as much xp as the Spiders if both are empty.

WHOA, what do you mean here? :o

a70kf.png

Divine Forces | #DF on irc.seersirc.net | Most Motivated |

http://rs-df.com/forums

Thanks!

WHOA, what do you mean here? :o

It's simple really. You stand in the center of the room between the 2/3 scorpion spawns. There's enough there to keep you covered.

However, it's a little tricker to reset their aggression compared to the north spiders, but since no one is ever there, it's overall the better spot.

Ok good guide, but a few suggestions for melee.

I do not recommend level 4 for any melee'ers. It costs too much food. I don't care if you have 99 def, the spiders are much better.

For food, do not take lobsters. Again, too expensive. I recommend tuna or my favorite kebabs. Kebabs are awesome and they sometimes heal 16 or more. Spiders and the flesh crawlers are equally good in my opinion. If you are lvl 107 or above, the place with lvl 53 zombies and fleshies are best. Not much competition for this spot and you can stay there for hours. If you are below 107, go for the place with lvl 41 zombies/fleshies. Only the fleshies will attack you and it is a good 30k+ xp/hour at my lvl.

The alternative is spiders. The best spider place imo is the one above the lowest lvl catablepons. I stand one step from the wall and fight them until they are non aggressive. Then, i run into the place with catablepons with protect mage on. As soon as the catablepons attack me, i know that the spiders are aggressive. Just run back and turn off prayer.

For melee, this is my recommendation.

Scorpions have a little more defense than spiders so I do not recommend...even though no one goes there.

Please take these suggestions into consideration since I know that this is the best xp/hr for higher lvl melee.

100% F2P

85 Mining achieved on Dec 4, 2007

85 Smithing achieved on May 28, 2009

anim7.png

Ok good guide, but a few suggestions for melee.

I do not recommend level 4 for any melee'ers. It costs too much food. I don't care if you have 99 def, the spiders are much better.

For food, do not take lobsters. Again, too expensive. I recommend tuna or my favorite kebabs. Kebabs are awesome and they sometimes heal 16 or more. Spiders and the flesh crawlers are equally good in my opinion. If you are lvl 107 or above, the place with lvl 53 zombies and fleshies are best. Not much competition for this spot and you can stay there for hours. If you are below 107, go for the place with lvl 41 zombies/fleshies. Only the fleshies will attack you and it is a good 30k+ xp/hour at my lvl.

The alternative is spiders. The best spider place imo is the one above the lowest lvl catablepons. I stand one step from the wall and fight them until they are non aggressive. Then, i run into the place with catablepons with protect mage on. As soon as the catablepons attack me, i know that the spiders are aggressive. Just run back and turn off prayer.

For melee, this is my recommendation.

Scorpions have a little more defense than spiders so I do not recommend...even though no one goes there.

Please take these suggestions into consideration since I know that this is the best xp/hr for higher lvl melee.

The high level is more of a diversion than anything else.

I tested fleshies and spiders and spiders consistently were better. But I am 96/99/90.

Just a personal tip to you. I do the same thing you do. I run to the Catablepoons at the northern spot. Here's a special trick. You know how sometimes when you run to them, they don't attack you the moment you enter their room? You know how sometimes you gotta run all the way to the corner of the room, or sometimes how it doesn't reset aggression at all? The trick is this: after you go past the first set of gates, you run WEST to the gates 5 squares away. Stand in front of them, but you do not have to go through them. THEN run to the catablepoons. This is a surefire way and it has worked for me without exception.

I tested the spiders and scorpions. Both gave me ~7.5k in 10 minutes on average (give or take like 50 xp or so.) But once again, I'm 96/99/90, so that would explain why.

Thanks for your post.

• 2 weeks later...
Congratulations! After consideration by the PMG moderating team, your guide has been deemed worthy of AOW status! :thumbsup:

Awesome! Thanks everyone!

I'm a Level 49, I can't afford rune, and I really wanna kill the Ankous. What can I wear for meleeing them?

You're most likely going to run into some big trouble then. I would recommend against killing Ankous, but if you really want to, then just wear your next best metal armor, or green dragonhide if it's below steel.

Zaaps? can you show me the place to the Scorpions if you don't mind?

What do you mean?

You get there by going south-east of the northern most spider room, they're directly south of the Catablepoons.

If you want to know the spot, it's directly in the center of the room. Position yourself so the scorps attack you once they respawn.