So, they think they found Jesus' tomb...

Tigra00

i personally don't believe it's true (i dont believe it's true because i don't believe in god)

Account created on Weds, December 21st, 2005

99 cooking on December 12th, 2010. 99 Agility on September 30th, 2011. 99 Fletching on August 17th, 2012. 99 Prayer on March 22nd, 2016. 99 Farming on April 4th, 2016.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i personally don't believe it's true (i dont believe it's true because i don't believe in god)

Then you SHOULD believe in this. If it were indeed Jesus' tomb, and his body was there, it would prove that Jesus was not the Messiah, and you could probably take it one step further and say there is no God, because let's face it...Jesus has only saved one thing so far, and that's religion's butt. I believe that if there was never a Messiah claimed to have come, almost noone would believe in the Judeo-Christian God today. Afterall, only 0.3% of the world are Jews. And Jewish is a hard religion to follow. All the Christian religions are easy as Hell. Do something bad, say sorry and you're forgiven! People like easy stuff. :P

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

Now that the film has aired, perhaps people will actually know what they're talking about as far as the tennets of the production (or, perhaps, the point of the thread) are concerned, rather than an endless god-debate.

That unresolved symbol thing strikes me as an important mystery. It might have the power to bolster or weaken the arguements for and against, based on its meaning, eh?

Also, its such a shame that there are no bodies... I don't know personally if a crucifiction would leave its mark on a skeleton, but it would've been another point of particular interest to examine the actual bodies.

I was sort of hoping there would be some grounds for immediate shockwaves within the Church leading to some policy reversals, that would be an interesting thing to have occur in my lifetime. "Wow Grampy, Jesus didn't have no babies when you were little?" :)

Then you SHOULD believe in this. If it were indeed Jesus' tomb, and his body was there, it would prove that Jesus was not the Messiah, and you could probably take it one step further and say there is no God, because let's face it...Jesus has only saved one thing so far, and that's religion's butt. I believe that if there was never a Messiah claimed to have come, almost noone would believe in the Judeo-Christian God today. Afterall, only 0.3% of the world are Jews. And Jewish is a hard religion to follow. All the Christian religions are easy as Hell. Do something bad, say sorry and you're forgiven! People like easy stuff. :P

you got it wrong mate, i don't believe in any religion i believe that we are responsible for our actions and nobody else

Account created on Weds, December 21st, 2005

99 cooking on December 12th, 2010. 99 Agility on September 30th, 2011. 99 Fletching on August 17th, 2012. 99 Prayer on March 22nd, 2016. 99 Farming on April 4th, 2016.

All the names mentioned on these tombs were quite common in the time period. In the Bible alone, there are several Josephs, at least 3 Marys, and at least 3 Jesuses, depending on which translation you have. It is very unlikely that this Jesus is Jesus Christ.

(Aside from the fact that Jesus is still very much alive, of course) :)

Jesus is alive now? Sheesh. He went from run-of-the-mill Messiah to God himself to actually physically alive?

How about no. Even if he does exist as the deity he's claimed to be (which isn't God himself), he isn't "alive". :P

see...the problem is people take things out of context..just as you did. you know as well as i do that he didn't mean "physically" alive...

you got it wrong mate, i don't believe in any religion i believe that we are responsible for our actions and nobody else

You aren't getting what he is saying.

Jesus *was* a real person, this is a fact. Wether or not he was the 'messiah' is a different story all together and which this finding is trying to find out.

Geeeeez, people are just gettin' dumber.
uuuh wat? lolz ur an idiot u dont beleeve in G0d so ur goin to hell kthxbai? n spellin deose'not mattr cuz ppl hoo cn spel r idiots.

:P

I personally think it doesn't matter. Jesus or no Jesus, divine or not, real or not...let's just accept for truth that A) Someone named Jesus was alive 200 years ago, B) Whether or not he was a Messiah, he definitely taught some good morals, and C) why don't people just follow these morals without worrying about his divinty and just live your life now.

sig2.jpg

All the names mentioned on these tombs were quite common in the time period. In the Bible alone, there are several Josephs, at least 3 Marys, and at least 3 Jesuses, depending on which translation you have. It is very unlikely that this Jesus is Jesus Christ.

Jesus is alive now? Sheesh. He went from run-of-the-mill Messiah to God himself to actually physically alive?

How about no. Even if he does exist as the deity he's claimed to be (which isn't God himself), he isn't "alive". :P

Pshsh... Just because He's not on Earth doesn't mean he's not still alive.

vraptor_con_small.jpg

Alive in our hearts or alive physically? Im assuming you mean the former. :? =P~

Alive in our hearts or alive physically? Im assuming you mean the former. :? =P~

Well, sort of a combination of the two... It's a bit difficult to explain, but in Heaven we do actually recieve a new physical body. It's referred to as a 'glorified body.' So, surely Jesus has one of those in addition to His spirit aspects.

Either that or what you said. Although he has actually been alive spiritually since, well, forever.

vraptor_con_small.jpg

I do wonder what is deeper..

A Black Hole.. or a God vs Athiest Debate...

~Defender~

God vs Atheist Debates aren't deep. They're just counter-productive and flat-out annoying.

Besides, what makes you think this is going in that direction? Sure, a lot of thread have in the past, but I havn't even seen a spark of an Atheist vs. Theist debate on this thread.

Anyways, to the guy two posts above me, I wouldn't bother trying to figure it out, 'cause all it's going to lead to is some random guess with no bearing (no offense). Also, remember not to talk in "facts" in a beliefs post... it can get annoying for a fair amount of people on this forum :-w .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

It is a fact that you are annoying me.

I shall prove this to you by getting hostile and capatilize my words.

OMG HOW COULD YOU SAY THAT?!

Thank you.

-End Transmision-

~Defender~

If you love me, send me a PM.

8 - Love me

2 - Hate me

Thank you.

-End Transmision-

~Defender~

Maybe we should turn this into one of those everyone vs. you debates. I wonder why I would say that. :-k

Also, remember not to talk in "facts" in a beliefs post... it can get annoying for a fair amount of people on this forum.

A candidate for another topic, methinks.

Thank you.

-End Transmision-

~Defender~

Maybe we should turn this into one of those everyone vs. you debates. I wonder why I would say that. :-k

Also, remember not to talk in "facts" in a beliefs post... it can get annoying for a fair amount of people on this forum.

Do not tempt me to Capitilized my letters at you "warri0r45". For the Pain you shall Endure is far to great and unbearable.

~Defender~

8 - Love me

2 - Hate me

Thank you.

-End Transmision-

~Defender~

Do not tempt me to Capitilized my letters at you "warri0r45". For the Pain you shall Endure is far to great and unbearable.

~Defender~

I'm just about fed up with treating you like I would other maturer users of this forum.

Back to the tomb... :|

It was said this will probably blow over soon and be forgotten- will you?

I dunno... if they get undisputed data that it's definitely the true Jesus from the Bible's tomb, it could get some media and get bigger. If they don't get that kind of data soon though, it'll probably just blow over.

And if they already do have it, okay, I didn't see the documentary :P . It might blow over anyways though :-k ; it's not like proving Jesus was a real person is going to be anything new.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I do wonder what is deeper..

A Black Hole.. or a God vs Athiest Debate...

~Defender~

A black hole.

A religious debate is quite shallow...All the rational people use scienctific facts to prove the Bible wrong, which then means it COULDN'T have been inspired by God, and thus...Why should we believe there to be a God?

The story of the flood, for example, is just BS. The entire thing is just a huge lie. If one thing in the Bible is a lie...We can assume all of it is. If the entire world was flooded, the atmosphere would crush your lungs and you'd drown in it anyways from all the water vapor. Was some dude on a boat when the entire region flooded and he was swept out to sea? Sure, but even then, his boat didn't land atop a mountain, either.

Why do people believe this crap? It isn't metaphore. It is just plain old stupid. But that's everyone's excuse..."Oh, it's a metaphore..." Yea, whatever. Everything becomes a metaphore once it doesn't work out scientifically.

Stop living for invisible beings made-up around camp fires. Do you believe in Zeus? Hercules? Ra? No, you don't? Why not? There is just as much proof for them as there is for God. People believed in them with complete faith. The only reason people believe in YOUR God these days is because they were forced to worship him, or they'd be killed. Same goes for Islam.

It'll almost make you go insane pondering how so many of your fellow humans could be this stupid.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

Thank you.

-End Transmision-

~Defender~

~Defender~

I'm just about fed up with treating you like I would other maturer users of this forum.

Lol d00d, I was just playing with you. I'm bored, don't take it offensive. :(

~Defender~

8 - Love me

2 - Hate me

Thank you.

-End Transmision-

~Defender~

~Defender~

Lol d00d, I was just playing with you. I'm bored, don't take it offensive. :(

~Defender~

If all your posts are the same, I can never tell if you're being seious or joking. Perhaps try and contribute some sensible posts one in a while and I wont keep assuming you're a 11 year old [developmentally delayed].