General Age on RuneScape!!

Grubbz2K6

Hi, i should formally announce who I am, Nathan (RS name is Grubbz2k6)Ive spent 3 hours of my boring Sunday searching the net for RuneScape related sites.

My point is... I play the game when i like.... and I love it, im not addicted, preferablys a bit obsessed now. When playing RS the often question i get is ... how old are you?

My response to that is 17, and the usual feedback i get is haha your sad, 17 and your still playing this,noob... etc etc the usual immature behaviour.

I state that RuneScape has not set up this game for a required age group, I started playing when i was 16 with mates who were 17 and 18. We were just the usual normal teengers, went out got lashed, starting fights, pulling birds, having a laugh.

I also see that some players in the game seem to call eachother freaks,geeks,nerds,time-wasters general slagging off... because of their ambition to play the game, when the game for me is just something to do when i get in from work or college ... or something to do when im skint or friends arn't doing anything through the day.

I still play the game, although none of my real life mates, which has not stopped me playing, but my question is...

How old are you and what would you say was your brink to stop playing this MMORPG??

Thanks for reading ... Nathan

Grubbz2K6 aka ... Nathan

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am 17 years old and I have been playing this game for 4 and a half years and I can say I am obsessed but I still have a life and I can combine real life with virtual "life".

And for those who are accusing of no-lifing and such; I just ignore them or mention that I play for over 4 years and then they usually do not know what to say.

I will stop playing RuneScape when it gets too boring to insist.

I have played and seen some of the other MMORPGs like Lineage 2, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars MU online etc. and I could not play any of them for more than a month. And for those who say that WoW graphic is better than RS -> it looks really weird to me.

chat.png

"Happines only real when shared."

[hide=Stats]Gago.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gag0.png[/hide]

Your so true mate, i can play on RS for hours on end but at the same time doing other stuff such as, having a cigarette every so often, on the phone to mates, but at the same time enjoying my skill increase in the game, i dont particularly know a date when to stop playing because i know, sometime or other when the game gets boring or i have full time work etc.... i will very rarely visit the site but as for the meantime i enjoy playing!!

Grubbz2K6 aka ... Nathan

wasn't this thread locked somewhere else :-k

anyway, id say the general age is less than 13, considering miniclip and the general immaturity of players

I'm 16 btw

I don't have any idea what the average age is. I do know that there are quite a few players that are adults.......over the age of 18. I know of a couple of clans that are mostly adults. If you enjoy playing the game who cares what others think? That is just my take on it.

Oh....I will be 36 in April and have been playing for a little over two years.

I was 12 when I seriously started playing and now I'm 16. I quit a few weeks ago because the community, customer support and updates are horrible now.

123 Combat / 1900 Skill Total / 99 HP / 7x 99 Stats

12 when I started and 15 now, not much change really, except i'm a little more greedy and mature. I combine my real life with RS life pretty easily, heh, and i've rarely ever got a comment about my age, either.

Runescape player since 6th November, 2003

pen_chef.png

pen_chef.png

flubbersig.jpg

wasn't this thread locked somewhere else :-k

Yes, this thread was locked in General P2P, because it was posted in two places and this one is more proper, because it affects both member and non-member population.

And Insane, I used to be greedier when I was younger :D

chat.png

"Happines only real when shared."

[hide=Stats]Gago.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gag0.png[/hide]

How old are you and what would you say was your brink to stop playing this MMORPG??

I'm 25. My boyfriend is 30. We both play for a couple of hours a day.

I will stop when it stops being fun. Simple as that.

And if you think it's bad when you tell them your 17, you should see how bad the reactions are when you tell them you're a parent!

Ananke32.png

Lol by the time I'm 25 i think there will be another RS game coming out.... probablies expand and bring something out for a console... you never know?

By the time your 25 there may not be a Runescape. Jagex may go under in a couple years.

OT- I'm 14. Started when I was 9 :D (No i wasn't an immature, noob yelling, fr33 s700f p10x person. I was a "wheres varrock? and I thought that leaving lumbridge would kill me :oops: )

I started when I was 18 and a senior in high school and now I'm 19, currently taking a college class. Honestly I've played on many account because I would always get bored with it but I have a few friends in real life who play on there as well. I did say that I was too old to be playing a kids game but the great thing was that I had several people stick up for me.

Currently Going for...

99 firemaking

Current Progress-76/99

I feel so old and I am still a teenager (19, not looking forward to being 20). Although, for some reason I think this thread will be locked.

Most likely because it asks a personal question and we can't have that. People could do bad things if they know how old you are. (Not poking fun at the tip.it moderators, just the internet and the way it chooses to interact with people, especially minors).

I was 22 when I started playing, I am 23 now and have been playing for 9 mths, I love RS and have loads of friends my age and higher who play, I don't give a **** if people think I am too old to play, I have fun, that is all that matters :D

Saskia

Old 'Scaper - returned * Former TET Leader * Council of Elders Member * Confirmed Scaredy Cat * Mother of 6 * Quester * Friend to many

saskia_snow.png

At the moment I'm 13, started playing when I was 9. Only just started to understand the game 2 years ago.

I don't need to worry about comments about my age! :mrgreen:

i agree with this although i played since 2001 NOV and im now 16, (yes i have a life, i do my own stunts =P) ive noticed alot of the older/mature players are vanishing. now my reason to the those saying you have no life is there emotionally screwed up (no offence to some) and / or 40 year old virgin who lost his GF to a vending mechine (drum que) though ive quit for education, i do drop in to see some of my more older and mature friends. any Q & A on rsc, find my e-mail somewere on site =]

Popoto.~<3

im 18... does it matter? i have fun online :D

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

Hello. I am 21, 22 very soon.

I get the "nolifer grandma" comment alot. It doesn't bother me too much since I know I like computer games and that's all that matters really. I don't think there's a certain age range for computer games. It's like ice cream - my granny loves ice cream very much but it's considered to be a kids dessert. So because she is 70, she wouldn't be morally allowed to eat it? Oh well, you catch my drift. It's just ridiculous to put people and activities in categories.

Another thought though - maybe these 14-year olds (in general, not anyone in particular) feel threatened by us, adults, in this game?

Though it's contradictory with the way they have absolutely no respect towards anyone, not even to people twice their age.

Oh well, I'll shut up before I'll go into that bubbly verbal spree :oops:

sig.gif

Hello. I am 21, 22 very soon.

I get the "nolifer grandma" comment alot.

Nolifer grandma? Hah, I've never heard that one :lol:

I started when I was 12, now I'm 14. I've only been playing for around a year and a half and I still suck at this game. <.<