Login Pin + Screenshot Logger Protection -New RSOF Thread-

great idea as it would take a much more complicated program to get around having a pin at login, however i still suggest that the ingame pins be kept, as backup, but not exactly needed ingame.

I'm working on starting a web design buisness and a book

Goals-90M/100M-Top 2.0k In Smith-26m as F2P(+lvl 79 Smith)

United SmeltersÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ Association-Founder

Nuclear Co. MSC-Owner

My Merchanting Guide

Well, due to the recent (sorta) updates, it doesn't look like we need to protect our items anymore.

No, we will still need this protection added. If any hacker who wishes to do damage breaks past a user's password and logs in, at the moment, the hacker has effectively free access to a user's inventory and equipped gear, to cause damage to as they please, as well as kill the player's character and send them back to the respawn point without all the stuff. Not a very great thought, in my opinion. :|

Thanks to all the supporters.

You're welcome. Hopefully this idea will still go through.

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Solution:

In the Account Management on the Main Menu page:

accountmanagementna1.jpg

This should be added...

accountmanagement2cl5.jpg

Advantage & Use:

This allows you to choose your preference by checking:

1. Allow this IP address to ONLY access my account.

2. Allow random Ip adresses to access my account.

Conclusion:

This will prevent other people hacking your account, as our respective computers do not have the same IP address. IP addresses varry respectively to the country and location you are in the world.

This will be a strong ground to prevent them, thus, a quick action must be done NOW!

Thank you for reading.

4.gif

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

Solution:

accountmanagementna1.jpg

This should be added...

Advantage & Use:

Conclusion:

This will prevent other people hacking your account, as our respective computers do not have the same IP address. IP addresses varry respectively to the country and location you are in the world.

This will be a strong ground to prevent them, thus, a quick action must be done NOW!

Thank you for reading.

Don't hijack my thread. Post your own.

This wouldn't work because we might need to use a different computer. Besides, a hacker could just change the ip address once he has your password.

f203f1850c.png

A hair off-topic, but worth the following response..........

Solution:

accountmanagementna1.jpg

This should be added...

Advantage & Use:

Conclusion:

Thank you for reading.

Don't hijack my thread. Post your own.

This wouldn't work because we might need to use a different computer. Besides, a hacker could just change the ip address once he has your password.

Further, for those who are on dial-up/DSL/Cable that have Dynamic IP Addresses assigned to them due to their ISP, they would need to be able to input a valid range of IP Addresses that are allowed to access the user's account, instead of locking it to just one IP only.

Kinda kills 123rockstar's thought. :?

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

I really dont see whats the use of hacking some1 now...

you cant droptrade items....

I can think of one awful reason for a hacker to get the pass and get into any player's account....... :|

To ruin a player after they've caused the hacker some kind of in-game upset that the hacker thinks they have to get back at the player over. :(

This, BTW, has happened to at least a few of my friends. I pray it never happens to me, and that's why I want this movement to succeed. To help both them and myself before it happens again to any one of us.

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

I think this is good idea about taking an xtra precaution before logging in. As was said before key loggers cant do that. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

------------HEROES ARE REMEMBERED------------

-------------------------------LEGENDS NEVER DIE----------------

genius! add me to your support list! (c.ransom12, not go_chloe)

There are 10 groups of people in the world, those that understand binary, and those who don't!

(\__/)

( O.o ) This is Bunny.

( > < ) Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Well, due to the recent (sorta) updates, it doesn't look like we need to protect our items anymore.

No, we will still need this protection added. If any hacker who wishes to do damage breaks past a user's password and logs in, at the moment, the hacker has effectively free access to a user's inventory and equipped gear, to cause damage to as they please, as well as kill the player's character and send them back to the respawn point without all the stuff.

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

f203f1850c.png