See, this is why 61% of the British Muslims want Sharia law

Faux

Did someone NOT just quote the Qu'ran as saying to kill all disbelievers?

Peace and tolerance ftw?

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peace and tolerance ftw?

Peace and tolerance indeed.

And Grim was telling me how religion isnt bad, only those who interpret as such. How else could you possibly interpret that?

mcchrissigaw8.gif

Everybody lovin' it, but ain't no body touchin' it

I have Muslim friends who can argue for their beliefs much better than that ROBOSRUS guy can. Mainly because they're not just sticking their fingers in their ears and screaming "LA LA LA THE WEST IS FULL OF LIES NOBODY COMMITS TERRORISM IN THE NAME OF ALLAH THERE ARE NO SUCH PEOPLE AS CRAZED FUNDAMENTALISTS WHO MISINTERPRET THE QU'RAN!".

Insha Allah, may you find salvation in your ignorance and hypocrisy.

Earlier there were a lot of people throwing out the Crusades and the inquisition as reasons Christians were supposedly bad dangerous people as well. To truly understand what is a religion and what is people warping a religion for their own selfish ambitions and desires and using that religion as an excuse to do it you have to look at the foundational texts of said religion.

Here is how you tell if a religion if violent or not. What would Jesus have said about the Inquisition? He would have been absolutely against it. It goes against everything in the Bible about how people are supposed to be treated and talked with about Christianity. Any person claiming to kill in the name of Jesus is not a Christian because they are going against everything Jesus ever said. Don't fall for their lies.

On the flip side I can look in the Quoran and see where it says admonish the infidels until they submit. All those terrorist acts can be backed up by their foundational texts. I know many *moderate* Muslims don't adhere to the parts that say to do this but the fact remains their texts actually support "admonishing infidels".

In terms of violence and history of the two religions Christians are supposed to be willing to die for their faith. Muslims are supposed to be willing to kill for their faith. This is backed up by foundational texts. Please don't lump them together.

Ambassadar.png

Peace and tolerance ftw?

And Grim was telling me how religion isnt bad, only those who interpret as such. How else could you possibly interpret that?

Do what the rest of the religious people say when something is obviously wrong...

"It's a uhh...Metaphore...Yea..."

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

Peace and tolerance ftw?

Do what the rest of the religious people say when something is obviously wrong...

Or.. people purposely mis-interpret the bible/koran/whatever to their advantage?!

*gasp* remind you of anyone?

Proud founder of the Myriad

Peace and tolerance ftw?

Or.. people purposely mis-interpret the bible/koran/whatever to their advantage?!

What was misinterperted? It says KILL ALL NON-BELIEVERS. No mis-interpertation there.

Who's to say I'd be the wrong one and not you, anyways? I can read clearly, and I can see some things in those holy books are metaphores or worded confusingly, but NOT EVERYTHING.

- Me!

Peace and tolerance ftw?

What was misinterperted? It says KILL ALL NON-BELIEVERS. No mis-interpertation there.

Who's to say I'd be the wrong one and not you, anyways? I can read clearly, and I can see some things in those holy books are metaphores or worded confusingly, but NOT EVERYTHING.

Or maybe it was written to NOT kill non-believers, but someone decied to remove the 'NOT" part?

Proud founder of the Myriad

Islam is a religion of peace and tolerance.

1) Stoning to death gives an example to the public which says, don't do it, or it'll be you.

The woman and the man guilty of adultery, inflict on each of them one hundred lashes

Homosexuality, moreover, is considered a grave sin. In Hadith, Muhammad clarifies the gravity of this by saying: "Allah curses the one who does the actions (homosexual practices) of the people of Lut," repeating it three times; saying in another Hadith: "If a man comes upon a man then they are both adulterers." Here, he considered homosexuality tantamount to adultery in relation to the ShariÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ah punishments because it is an abomination on the one hand, and the definition of adultery applies to it on the other hand.....As for lesbians, Muhammad said about them: "If a woman comes upon a woman, they are both adulteresses." The homosexual receives the same punishment as an adulterer. This means, that if the homosexual is married, he/she is stoned to death, while if single, he/she is whipped 100 times.

Peace and tolerance my posterior.

fractalsignature2lq4.jpg

Or maybe it was written to NOT kill non-believers, but someone decied to remove the 'NOT" part?

Definitely do NOT kill all the non believers. Really don't do it. I don't want you to kill all non believers.

It would seem more sensible to me to simply not mention it if it weren't intended in that way. Regardless, that it might have been written otherwise, but changed since implies that the whole body of the text is suspect.

Definitely do NOT kill all the non believers. Really don't do it. I don't want you to kill all non believers.

It would seem more sensible to me to simply not mention it if it weren't intended in that way. Regardless, that it might have been written otherwise, but changed since implies that the whole body of the text is suspect.

It is odd about this whole 'Do/Don't Kill all infidels' thing. Can we get an official translation which either says 'Kill all infidels' or the negative, which is not subject to bias? Then we can make some progress in this debate.

Also, Grim, you repeatedly mention on how 'we should not argue against something we have not experienced', well, how about arguing against something that we may have to experience in the future? Read the title, and realise that Sharia Law is threatening to become (or at least influencing) UK Law.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time."

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

ROBOSRUS, read the God Delusion, as a start before you so triumphantly wheel out the old "Islam means peace and therefore Islam is a religion of peace" idea.

I'm also not going to lock this thread based on the fact that this is simply a set of laws based around someone's beliefs. That is ridiculous, religion deserves no higher respect above and beyond any other debateable laws rooted in politics.

To shy away from the cruel and outdated nature of Sharia laws would be hypocrisy in a democratic society.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

Also, Grim, you repeatedly mention on how 'we should not argue against something we have not experienced', well, how about arguing against something that we may have to experience in the future? Read the title, and realise that Sharia Law is threatening to become (or at least influencing) UK Law.
It's a fair point but realistically there is no way it will happen in the UK.
iteme3721.jpg

Muslim countries are SO lucky their country is chalk-full of oil. If it wasn't, we'd have probably already wiped them, and likely Islam with it, right off the face of the globe.

Absolutely disgusting excuses for human beings. I would rather live and associate with pigs.

Why thank you for so cruelly insulting my religion.

----

Jeez people. If this was really the religion, I would be doing this too. Really, it's just a bunch of radical people who are violent and use religion as an excuse. I'm almost positive that there is no explicit sentence (in context) that says something like "lets kill!". Yes, there are misinterpretations, but do not judge them as the whole religion.

Alright, I understand many of you are anti-Muslim, but do not stereotype the religion. I know you have the right to hate those fools that are extremist and you should. Don't hate us all.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

Muslim countries are SO lucky their country is chalk-full of oil. If it wasn't, we'd have probably already wiped them, and likely Islam with it, right off the face of the globe.

Absolutely disgusting excuses for human beings. I would rather live and associate with pigs.

----

Jeez people. If this was really the religion, I would be doing this too. Really, it's just a bunch of radical people who are violent and use religion as an excuse. I'm almost positive that there is no explicit sentence (in context) that says something like "lets kill!". Yes, there are misinterpretations, but do not judge them as the whole religion.

Alright, I understand many of you are anti-Muslim, but do not stereotype the religion. I know you have the right to hate those fools that are extremist and you should. Don't hate us all.

I'd say you're welcome, but I was talking about Muslim countries follownig Muslim laws. A far cry from insulting you religion, but that's also sort of a joke too. Sorry.

- Me!

Agreed

leftiesxb6.png

I'm almost positive that there is no explicit sentence (in context) that says something like "lets kill!".

The woman and the man guilty of adultery, inflict on each of them one hundred lashes

I don't really see how that could be misinterpreted, and it's particularly relevant to this topic.

fractalsignature2lq4.jpg

I know, the whole system is rich in hypocrisies. For example, women are forbidden from driving yet are allowed to become pilots.

:?:

deciever2.gif

Dragon Drops: D spear x 2, D skirt, D half-shield, D axe, D 2h

Barrows Rewards: Ahrims hood, Karil's Coif, half key x 6, D med, torags legs, veracs flail

----

I really don't consider myself to be anti muslim, but when the Qur'ran says that "kill all infidels" and people say oh its not the religion that brings about harm, its the interpretations, i get mad. I am so sick of people defending their stupid religion when obviously it has so many flaws and fallacies and other things that make others wonder why they believe in it. And i feel that i am not insulting any specific group when i say religion causes problems 95% of the time. Because it is true! [/facts]

mcchrissigaw8.gif

Everybody lovin' it, but ain't no body touchin' it