6 March 2007 - Great Brain Robbery

Matok

Better dig out some protective headgear: the zombie pirates are back, and hungrier than ever for grey matter! Robbing innocent monks of their piece(s) of mind, crashing ships into their harmonious island monastery and generally raining on their pious parade - these scurvy dogs have set up a literal 'chop shop' in the once hallowed halls. Are there no depths to which they will not stoop? If you want to help out the cranially-challenged clergy and claim the reward for shifting the sort of headaches that even a willow bark infusion cannot remove, then speak to Brother Tranquility on Mos le'Harmless for details. New rewards - from craftable felines to the most nautical weapon in the game - await those players with the skill and know-how to foil the Great Brain Robbery!

In other news...

In the basement of the Tower of Life, players were finding they could steal other people's frogeels from combat. This has now been fixed.

6 March 2007 - The Feldip Hills are alive with the sound of muuuusic

We've just finished an enormous update to our music system to make the harps and bells of RuneScape's music all the sweeter.

Firstly, we've changed the underlying technology used to play the music. We've completely rewritten the music player from scratch, so it now uses a bank of instruments built into the game itself rather than using whatever your soundcard happens to have. This has the advantage that the music sounds the same regardless of your computer, rather than varying from machine to machine. This in turn allows us to fine-tune the music exactly, instead of having to try to get something which generally works. Our new music technology should also be more compatible, meaning the music works correctly on more operating systems and soundcards than before!

Secondly, we've gone through every single song in the game, (a huge undertaking: there are nearly 500 songs), and hand-tuned each one to sound optimal with our new instrument set! As a result, many of the songs are sounding better than ever before, and you can finally hear them as we intended them to sound.

You may also notice the shiny new button on the log-in page. This lets you turn off the log-in music to preserve your speakers while you pop off to get a snack or take a break, all without interfering with your music settings in-game.

So, if you've been put off listening to the music for one reason or another, now's the time to turn it on and enjoy the ambient delights!

We're still planning some more tweaks to the system to improve your auditory experience, so keep checking the front page for news.

In other news...

In addition to the big soundbank update today, we've added 'equip sounds' to armour and weapons

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In addition to the big soundbank update today, we've added 'equip sounds' to armour and weapons

only thing to peak my interest.

and low detail's got the login music and that lil button...wow jagex i dunno lil things piss me off.

New rewards - from craftable felines to the most nautical weapon in the game

Humm

its a maul with a type of spec from BTS i bet, also

Ability to defeat a level 190 monster without using Prayer

get owned low lvls (i hope.)

Infrastructure update...mmm... well i guess u need to do some re-polishing every once in a while

New rewards - from craftable felines to the most nautical weapon in the game

Maybe seamanship will be the next runescape skill :-k ...time will tell

Since when was it your job to do the announcements? -.-

well, shut up? anyway, here any1 who posts the update first gets to start it. thats all. its not any1s job, its more like a privledge.

anyway, diving aparatus is needed. +10 nails and 4 wooden planks

The new quest looks pretty cool, hope that weapon is cool/good :thumbsup:

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

Need blessed symbol of Saradomin.
Buy umstrung symbol from ardy silver stall, ball of wall fro mardy general store and use holy book to bless it...

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

Need blessed symbol of Saradomin.
Buy umstrung symbol from ardy silver stall, ball of wall fro mardy general store and use holy book to bless it...

I know. I'm just saying that it's needed for the quest. I'm not that stupid, you know. You also need at least one, maybe up to 6 bear furs and 10 normal planks.

sigbad0xt.jpg

Jack of all trades, master of thieving. 259th to 99 thieving. All stats 75+

Tough final battle, boss hits 25s occasionally.

EDIT #1: Blessed lamp is 5000 xp in skill of your choice (Farming FT99!)

EDIT #2: Zombie pirates drop at least one new item, I got Bandana Eyepatch... interesting.

braaaaaaains.jpg

2009 Member Goals: Undetermined

Equipt sounds looks interesting.

If that's another quest, I need to stop procrastinating - I got 3 quests to complete now before I get my quest cape back.

anchorbd2.png

50k to repair, two handed weapon. Untradeable.'

EDIT: Has a special attack, and since it's crush damage, it hits incredibly well. You can even train strength with it!

sigbad0xt.jpg

Jack of all trades, master of thieving. 259th to 99 thieving. All stats 75+