~How do you relax?

Gin_and_Tonic

Howdy Off-Topic'ers... (if thats a word) :anxious:

I've been pretty stressed recently and i've tried various ways to try and relax; Hot tub, lying in the garden, herbal baths, soul music etc, and none of them seem to work.

So, i'm curious as to what YOU do when you're stressed and need some time alone to calm down and recoperate.

When i have money i tend to go shopping to feel better, but then when i realise i dont, (which is normally the case), i get peeved as i have no money anyway~ Its like a vicious circle. O:)

Feel free to post. ::'

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure it's actually relaxing, but when I'm really stressed, I clean my house spotless...

I don't have any other suggestion because I don't get relax time most of the time.

~M

Guest XplsvBam
I'm not sure it's actually relaxing, but when I'm really stressed, I clean my house spotless...

I don't have any other suggestion because I don't get relax time most of the time.

haha but yet you have time to be a moderator of a ridiculous forum?

haha but yet you have time to be a moderator of a ridiculous forum?

I'm at work, doing homework right now. Going back and forth from homework to projectors.

~M

Bleach episodes on Youtube. Currently watching episode 90 :-w .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

yeh i have to agree with XplsvBam. Get yourself down the pub, have a few beers or whatever your poison is then spend the next day in bed. It doesnt get much more relaxing than that (the bed part anyway)

iteme3721.jpg

Beat the crap out of a punching bag until you can barely lift your arms anymore.

Then go have a ice bath while reading tom clancy's splinter cell.

Actually, runescape used to be my escape from stress :anxious:

Runescape stresses me out nowadays.

lope6jw0.jpg

Whenever I am feeling stressed, I just stop what I am doing and take a shower for about 20 minutes, dry off, and lay in my bed for an hour.

I don't think about anything, I just sit there. Depending on when I am really stressed out, I can take 3+ showers a day.

3textsz2.png

< | Runehead | Learning Java Programming, Please PM Me Tips | Signature by Loaf2000 | >

Parkour, I'm almost never stressed through.

That's kind of like a paradox :-k . I guess I agree sort of; my mind is free to wander a bit, but generally when I'm really training techniques my bodies too stressed to think about anything >_<. Or breathe, for that matter.

What do you mean by "never stressed through"? Are you saying you're free from work and cares when you do it? Or are you just not trying hard enough :P ?

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Beat the crap out of a punching bag until you can barely lift your arms anymore.

Then go have a ice bath while reading tom clancy's splinter cell.

Actually, runescape used to be my escape from stress :anxious:

Runescape stresses me out nowadays.

It stresses me out too, I'm really bored with it and I got a quest cape and at the same time all these new quests are getting churned out and I don't want to do them but I like my quest cape. I got to finish Fremnik Isles (which I'm almost done but it's been irkfully long and annoying) and two little quests that look like they will require me to get random and obscure items to complete.

Some of things that people said were odd to me. For example, if I'm stressed, I want to get away from my friends --not hang out with them :-s . Anyway, Viktor pretty much has the same idea as me. I turn off everything in my room, then lay on my bed and stare at the ceiling (sometimes I listen to music). :-w

I rarely get stressed these days, but I certainly do like to relax from time to time. One way that I've managed to do so is to put on more relaxing music (changes from person to person; I have a special playlist). Sometimes I make some tea, because it's good and because there is a chemical in it (Theanine) that is proven to increase alertness while inducing relaxation, which is the mindset I need to study or do work. Usually I get really reflective and do heavy thinking like this, and I can sometimes maintain this state of mind for a couple of hours, feeling better when it's over. Maybe it's a form of meditation, but it works.

Speaking of meditation, have you tried it? One of the simplest ways to do it is to get in a very comfortable position, close your eyes, and breathe. Concentrate only on your breathing, and don't let your mind wander. It's hard for me, but when I can do it, it's pretty relaxing.

I've found that, if I'm stressed out about a deadline or something, I sleep on it. Usually if I put some thought into it when I'm going to sleep, when I wake up I've found a solution to build off of. For me stress is usually due to uncertainty in what I'm doing, and not enough time to do it. Getting a game plan is enough to take the stress away for me.

Maybe those methods will help. But the bar is always open to drink your sorrows away.

peterstretchfn5.gif